Big asymmetry in newgen production

Hi,

I'm especially talking to users who used to play in very tall national pyramids, with the lowest levels being stacked with subdivisions.

In previous FM, if you enable a tall pyramid in one nation but nothing or only few leagues in the neighbour countries, the nation with the pyramid will get way more newgen with at least 170 PA after only one season. And half of them came from the lowest teams since a lot of teams play at low level in the pyramid.

This could lead to some problems:

- a very privileged national team

- neighbour countries filled with international players having the pyramid's nation citizenship, even for the lower regional teams.

I would like to know if the design issue has been solved in 2020 or if there is a workaround.

Edited by Shenmue-X

It's inevitably uneven, but probably not as uneven as before.

I played for a decade as England manager with the full Football League, and no foreign leagues loaded. I think I did start off with high rep foreign players loaded

Only got a couple of players actually getting to 160+ CA which seems similar to other elite nations, only player with a higher PA than Kane/Sterling probably won't make it, seasons where no England-qualified newgen had PA higher than 150. Other big nations seem to have world class newgens coming through their domestic system. Best defender in the world was a newgen from Serie A, which sounds plausible.

In FM16, I load every player on earth (300 000).

SI's 6-level England, Manager-Online's 9-level france, Uncle Sam's 5-level USA and 40 other nations with their top division.

After 9 months ingame, number of newgen with +170 PA:

34 france (half of them in lowest teams)
18 england
11 germany (mainly bundesliga)
9 usa (curiously the newgen came only from MLS teams)
6 netherlands
5 argentina, colombia, italy
4 mexico
2 brazil, ivory coast, spain, ghana, japan, uruguay 
1 austria, belgium, canada, czech, denmark, greece, peru, portugal, scotland, senegal, serbia

So imagine how things would go far after a couple of seasons. Hopefully it's better in my 2020 future save.