1860 things I hate about you

karanhsingh

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes I think we discussed Turkey last series and you said it wasn't for me due to player ages. The fans there are passionate, watching the games on TV without them has been quite boring but I know that is just unfortunate.

Yes indeed. Norway and Greece are on my list too at some point. I would also recommend Sweden was a lot of fun. 

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes indeed. Norway and Greece are on my list too at some point. I would also recommend Sweden was a lot of fun. 

I've done Hammarby in FM20 early on. It was good but I struggled a little with Swedish numbers needed in my squad.

8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

That is good to hear bud! Seems like a fantastic long-term save.

If you are going to be managing in Poland now, I'd encourage you to start a thread in the FMCU forum. I will definitely keep an eye out ;) 

Thanks. It's quite sad actually when you know you play your last season. I don't think I have ever experienced this in FM lol :D you don't have to worry about contract renewals , don't have to do as much scouting.

I have started the initial save but will start playing probably at the beginning of July. I need to finish some extra work project first. And I know when I dive into the new save, it will be tough to complete the project :D 

I have decided that I will start a thread over here and update my progress. :)

4 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

An excellent spell, one which will be hard to emulate. But if there is one guy who can...

Funnily enough I found my under-used (and pre-winter update) Legia file a few days back. I had put it on hold as my team started really bad with a 2-5-0 record, and were so boring it sent me to sleep for about six months! I've got a friend who moved to Ecuador and I decided to try Poland for the first time and made them in to a Polish/South American hybrid Create A Club experiment with more than half of my squad from Poland and the rest from Ecuador (the main source), Colombia, Argentina and Uruguay. Out of curiosity I opened it up, changed to much more positive ideas and won two games by an impressive margin the other day, so may have to go and re-visit that one some time.

Back on topic, I look forward to seeing your new signings.

I like that you are doing it this way, identifying the positions then finding the players to fit those roles (I do the same). I'm not a big fan of just signing players because it's possible. This leads to overloading in some areas, and staying weak in other areas, That's a regular FM approach and I always feel uneasy when I see it.

Thanks ! 

Indeed your save looks interesting, Maybe except Legia part :D Legia are fierce rivals with my home club :D 

14 minutes ago, rrozek93 said:

Thanks. It's quite sad actually when you know you play your last season. I don't think I have ever experienced this in FM lol :D you don't have to worry about contract renewals , don't have to do as much scouting.

I have started the initial save but will start playing probably at the beginning of July. I need to finish some extra work project first. And I know when I dive into the new save, it will be tough to complete the project :D 

I have decided that I will start a thread over here and update my progress. :)

Thanks ! 

Indeed your save looks interesting, Maybe except Legia part :D Legia are fierce rivals with my home club :D 

Yes it is indeed a bittersweet experience. 

Good to hear about your new save and I look forward to the thread! It definitely sucks when real life gets in the way of FM time, happens to me all too often too :lol:

Hey guys, 

Apologies if anyone has been waiting for an update on this, had a bit of a real life crisis ongoing the last week or so. Things are settling but will take some time. Have had barely any time for FM as a result. I fired up the save again last night but was struggling to get into it. I guess it happens sometime after you've had a gap. 

I may come back to this, but for now have started a new journeyman type save which probably won't require as much close attention as a long term project. I am not too sure yet if I will create a thread about it - maybe after I complete a couple of seasons however long that takes me. Thank you to everyone who has been following this and giving me your feedback! 

5 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Hey guys, 

Apologies if anyone has been waiting for an update on this, had a bit of a real life crisis ongoing the last week or so. Things are settling but will take some time. Have had barely any time for FM as a result. I fired up the save again last night but was struggling to get into it. I guess it happens sometime after you've had a gap. 

I may come back to this, but for now have started a new journeyman type save which probably won't require as much close attention as a long term project. I am not too sure yet if I will create a thread about it - maybe after I complete a couple of seasons however long that takes me. Thank you to everyone who has been following this and giving me your feedback! 

Think everybody has these times and understands this. Come back whenever you feel comfortable.

8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Hey guys, 

It's hard to get a game going after taking a break, I have plenty like that in FM20.

More importantly, I do hope your other issues get resolved soon and with a positive outcome. FM is a game (a great game) and has been helpful to some during the recent hard times, or a non-relevance to some others. But it's only ever a supplement to the real world. Best wishes.

Thanks guys. We actually had a big fire break out in our office building and a lot of damage to property. Will be dealing with the insurance and the blow back for a while. Fortunately it was off working hours so there was nobody inside. 

Yes Jogo as you say FM does provide a great escape which is why I keep coming back to it :) and I do enjoy reading about others' stories as well! 

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks guys. We actually had a big fire break out in our office building and a lot of damage to property. Will be dealing with the insurance and the blow back for a while. Fortunately it was off working hours so there was nobody inside. 

Yes Jogo as you say FM does provide a great escape which is why I keep coming back to it :) and I do enjoy reading about others' stories as well! 

Sorry to hear that, but pleased to hear it was 'only' property damaged and nobody was injured or lives lost.

7 hours ago, rrozek93 said:

@karanhsingh Hope all gets better now in your personal life and at some point you will be able to resume your saves :)

I will not forget that you gave me the extra nudge to start my own save over here ;)

Thanks, yes it is better now. 

Following your thread, looks like an interesting long term project! 

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks, yes it is better now. 

Following your thread, looks like an interesting long term project! 

Good to hear! 

Definitely long term project. There is not much money in Polish leagues so it will be challenging later on even more. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have decided to revive this save. Had unfinished business in Germany :brock:

With a new stadium being built, and the club having made a lot of investments into the youth facilities, it was and is exciting times at 1860 Munchen. I will be primarily focusing on bringing through youth players now, even the ones I sign will be mostly teenagers.

Hope some of you will continue to read :) . Will soon have an update of where we left things off.

Anyone reading, would love your opinion on 3 transfer decisions.

First is for my new CB - the two options.

Rocco Cantore

20200818102952_1.thumb.jpg.43bb1e5e9cf0274cf7436cf382d46b09.jpg

Pros - young, well-rounded, two-footed, great in the air, half-Swiss so speaks German
Cons - costing 5 million so much more expensive than other option

Roman Vlasov

20200818102957_1.thumb.jpg.a97715542703330d5bc67c3abe8c2876.jpg

Pros - young, well-rounded, better on the ball, much cheaper
Cons - one footed, not as good aerially

Second decision - RW

Adam Hlozek

20200818102928_1.thumb.jpg.0396dbf3e8ed59761af7ff187131e21e.jpg

Pros - known wonderkid, seems to have developed well, good all-round stats with no weaknesses
Cons - expensive transfer, at 44k/week would be earning more than 2x anyone else in the squad

Felix Lens

20200818102935_1.thumb.jpg.1806ef6e257406b333dce11ba6769966.jpg

Pros - young, German, quick, relatively cheap
Cons - not a natural RW so needs training, dribbling & finishing not great

And finally, the Striker

David Pantic

20200818102939_1.thumb.jpg.a9ea55d045075df9a5736e604bde123b.jpg

Pros - seems like a good well-rounded player but not sure if he is physical enough for lone striker role, also quite cheap

Jovan Rajic

20200818103017_1.thumb.jpg.00df73a512cd5a777f56706128d41832.jpg

Pros - looks like a good young targetman so would be useful bench option, speaks German already
Cons - not as well-rounded & needs work on his finishing

Would love some feedback on these! 

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Anyone reading, would love your opinion on 3 transfer decisions.

First is for my new CB - the two options.

Rocco Cantore

20200818102952_1.thumb.jpg.43bb1e5e9cf0274cf7436cf382d46b09.jpg

Pros - young, well-rounded, two-footed, great in the air, half-Swiss so speaks German
Cons - costing 5 million so much more expensive than other option

Roman Vlasov

20200818102957_1.thumb.jpg.a97715542703330d5bc67c3abe8c2876.jpg

Pros - young, well-rounded, better on the ball, much cheaper
Cons - one footed, not as good aerially

Second decision - RW

Adam Hlozek

20200818102928_1.thumb.jpg.0396dbf3e8ed59761af7ff187131e21e.jpg

Pros - known wonderkid, seems to have developed well, good all-round stats with no weaknesses
Cons - expensive transfer, at 44k/week would be earning more than 2x anyone else in the squad

Felix Lens

20200818102935_1.thumb.jpg.1806ef6e257406b333dce11ba6769966.jpg

Pros - young, German, quick, relatively cheap
Cons - not a natural RW so needs training, dribbling & finishing not great

And finally, the Striker

David Pantic

20200818102939_1.thumb.jpg.a9ea55d045075df9a5736e604bde123b.jpg

Pros - seems like a good well-rounded player but not sure if he is physical enough for lone striker role, also quite cheap

Jovan Rajic

20200818103017_1.thumb.jpg.00df73a512cd5a777f56706128d41832.jpg

Pros - looks like a good young targetman so would be useful bench option, speaks German already
Cons - not as well-rounded & needs work on his finishing

Would love some feedback on these! 

I would sign Cantore (he is much better and tall as the other option) if u have the money (u have ! :)) , Felix Lens is fast and young enough to develop. I would sign him.

As a striker i would go for the big guy, Jovan Rajic . He is young, he is 'driven' what means '18 - 20' on determination and '12 - 20' on ambition. He 'll develop great and i love a big targetman.