Kai Havertz

fumaca09

Hello all

I really am struggling to get a tune out of Havertz.

I have played him as an AP S/A in a MC role.

I have also tried MEZ S/A.

I've used him in the AMC role as TREQ, AM S/A and as AP S/A

Also tried him as F9 and IF

Please can you let me know if you have had the same difficulties with him

• 3 weeks later...

I just sold Havertz in my Newcastle save after 2 and a half years performing below my other AMCs (Asensio, Almada, Bellingham). He played better in the MC role but still not as well as other players (Doucoure, Camavinga).

It must be the Work Rate and Determination that does it.

Really disappointing, don't miss him in my first season without him. Real Madrid's problem now!

I replaced him with Hamed Junior Traore, who was bargain and scored a hat trick on his debut, something Havertz didn't manage in 2 and a half years in his position. He's been a far better player than Havertz already.

Edited by Robioto

I used him on the previous edition as Mezzala (A) and he was unreal. Personally, I'd probably play him as INside Forward on the right nowadays, since creative midfielders (And Attacking Midfielder positions) just don't really do well in the match engine.

On 02/06/2020 at 13:31, RVP32 said:

I used him on the previous edition as Mezzala (A) and he was unreal. Personally, I'd probably play him as INside Forward on the right nowadays, since creative midfielders (And Attacking Midfielder positions) just don't really do well in the match engine.

I can second this, very good as a mezzala on attack in a three man midfield (preferably with a B2B central midfielder and deep lying playmaker behind).

I stuck with him as he did have a slow start in his first season but now he is one of my best players. Play him in a midfield 3 on the left hand side as an Advanced Playmaker Attack, playing him alongside two hard working midfielders that allow him to focus on attack. His fitness, pace and stamina make up for his team work and determination. Last season he scored 8 in 29 appearances with 12 assists. This season he is on 4 goals in 11 games. Avg rating 7.81.  The key is to stick with him and develop him, even though he is a high cost player.