Man city European ban

Roy Race 9

I have been trying to add this and thought, a simple EDT file would work but no joy,

obviously there is nothing specific regarding this in the general editor and with teams like Milan it has been hardcoded:thdn:

however in advanced rules I have found I can exclude city but this would be permanent as there are no date ranges(eg like the points deduction in advanced rules for leagues etc)

anyone with input on this please

IMO it cant be done as its hardcoded by SI

44cc89dbe47e6de6fd228f0f1859dee9.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

On 16/02/2020 at 20:58, Roy Race 9 said:

I have been trying to add this and thought, a simple EDT file would work but no joy,

obviously there is nothing specific regarding this in the general editor and with teams like Milan it has been hardcoded:thdn:

however in advanced rules I have found I can exclude city but this would be permanent as there are no date ranges(eg like the points deduction in advanced rules for leagues etc)

anyone with input on this please

IMO it cant be done as its hardcoded by SI

44cc89dbe47e6de6fd228f0f1859dee9.png

Yeah I think these things are hardcoded on a case-by-case base. Then again, why not include some date ranges in the FM21 editor? 

I think I replied to you on a different thread (or someone else with the same question).

Would it not just be a matter of creating a file which contained two rule sets. The first, valid for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 would be with Man city banned. The second, which is valid for 2022 onwards, would have them not banned? This is how the editor deals with competitions that will change their rules on a given date. Have you tried this?

10 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I think I replied to you on a different thread (or someone else with the same question).

Would it not just be a matter of creating a file which contained two rule sets. The first, valid for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 would be with Man city banned. The second, which is valid for 2022 onwards, would have them not banned? This is how the editor deals with competitions that will change their rules on a given date. Have you tried this?

that may well be an option mate

I havent had chance and I am away for a few weeks now so perhaps when I get back I will give this a go