Team slump

Firstly, happy christmas all.

Would like some help/advice. Have been a casual FM player now for a while. Found this in FM19 and now in FM20 where my team will start well, we'll play 8/9 games unbeaten then struggle to pick up any points for 4/5/6 games.

Is there anything that I should be doing to help fix the slump. I'm not sure if I should be doing too many tactical changes in case it actually will inhibit my team.

For reference, I'm currently in my first season with Fleetwood. Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with 2 Inside forwards and a pressing striker. 

Any help greatly appreciated 

I was in the slump when I paused my save. 

The third season running, the same pattern, the same culprits within the team and even though I manage to grind out decent results around two thirds of my players are in poor form at the the same time. Drop players, growl at players, suck up to players, move his position, change tactic completely for a game or two, play one or two friendlies, make players play reserve games etc.

If your tactics are successful either side of the slump then I would think the issues lay elsewhere. In my case I have several influential players in my team that are inconsistent and I need to gradually phase them out and replace, also I need to manage complacency better, I think through more rotation.....

Even the best teams can hit poor or indifferent form.

Edited by janrzm