Where players' place of birth/languages spoken info?

Football Manager Touch 2018 player Information screen:

173412343_FMT2018POBBOX.thumb.png.74d9520e22b0d700b806af87d8cb4dcc.png

Football Manager Touch 2020 player Information screen:

40889524_FMT2020POBBOX.thumb.png.4c99d96ac931474a673cdf426c8a27b2.png

There's a whole box missing. :rolleyes:

The missing Nationalities box does not appear to be reproduced in any of the other sub-menus.

6 hours ago, Prej said:

You notified Sports Interactive on 1st November and they released the game without fixing this issue. What a joke. It's unbelievable they let this stuff slide. It's amateur hour in FM Touch. 

It's like how in FM 2018 Touch, one couldn't save tactics - if one changed tactics, all one's lists of free kick/corner/penalty takers would be erased - which was a game-breaking issue that forced me to abandon playing mid-game.

I noticed that you made a topic about how players' preferred moves are missing (from a player's profile screen) in FMT 2020. What are the major issues wrong with FMT 2020 that you're aware of? I downloaded the demo and am weighing up whether it's worth buying the game.

If anyone is interested in Place of Birth info - useful for seeing which of your players are local lads, and for scouting for local players - this can be worked around. In both the Squad screen and the Scouting screen, one can customize the displayed parameters to show Place of Birth. Languages cannot be displayed, so there doesn't appear to be any way of finding this out in FMT 2020. I was thinking of starting a game at the bottom of the Brazilian football pyramid, in which pretty much all players are Brazilian, so this would not be a game-breaker for me. If I was playing a game in which I was signing foreign players, this would be a game-breaking issue.

Edited by Ron Wandle

1 hour ago, Ron Wandle said:

What are the major issues wrong with FMT 2020 that you're aware of?

I think the most glaring ones are the UI issues you already mentioned. These aren't bugs but decisions made by SI, what makes this rather puzzling, because they consciously made scouting much harder and sometimes useless, because you could sign a player with a trait that doesn't fit your tactic.

Aside from that, there's the perpetual problem with crossing. This year wingers don't try to perform crosses through opponents, which is a good thing, but instead they can't perform a running cross, but that's not all. A winger will run all the way to the touchline, stop the ball, get tackled or perform a backpass all the way to the central midfield. Sometimes they pass back to a fullback.

Another thing are low crosses, which have never worked, as far as I remember.

Through balls are also a problem, but I read in one thread that SI is working on that and I think they already fixed that in the latest FM patch (which is still to come to FMT).

Still, the match engine has a much better feel to it than last years, which was just frustrating.

I'm really looking forward to the next patch and hope SI will deliver.

Edited by Prej

11 minutes ago, Prej said:

I think the most glaring ones are the UI issues you already mentioned. These aren't bugs but decisions made by SI, what makes this rather puzzling, because they consciously made scouting much harder and sometimes useless, because you could sign a player with a trait that doesn't fit your tactic.

Aside from that, there's the perpetual problem with crossing. This year wingers don't try to perform crosses through opponents, which is a good thing, but instead they can't perform a running cross, but that's not all. A winger will run all the way to the touchline, stop the ball, get tackled or perform a backpass all the way to the central midfield. Sometimes they pass back to a fullback.

Another thing are low crosses, which have never worked, as far as I remember.

Through balls are also a problem, but I read in one thread that SI is working on that and I think they already fixed that in the latest FM patch (which is still to come to FMT).

Still, the match engine has a much better feel to it than last years, which was just frustrating.

I'm really looking forward to the next patch and hope SI will deliver.

Thanks for the info.

I don't think these UI issues can be legitimately claimed by SI to be deliberate decisions. It's just slapdash by the FM Touch team. It's bread and butter stuff. Lack of basic proofreading. The lack of spoken languages issue is particularly egregious. None of the various previous FM Touch games I've owned have omitted the place of birth/languages info.

4 minutes ago, Ron Wandle said:

I don't think these UI issues can be legitimately claimed by SI to be deliberate decisions.

Quoting Alex Pitt from my "Player traits gone from info screen" thread:

"This is intentional as we needed to make room for the Playing Time information".

Just now, Prej said:

Quoting Alex Pitt from my "Player traits gone from info screen" thread:

"This is intentional as we needed to make room for the Playing Time information".

I said "legitimately claimed". :D

There's no way SI can claim that this information isn't important to the player, or that it couldn't be fitted in somewhere, either on the main player screen, or as one of the customizable sub-menus in the bottom-right of the player screen.

Just now, Ron Wandle said:

I said "legitimately claimed". :D

There's no way SI can claim that this information isn't important to the player, or that it couldn't be fitted in somewhere, either on the main player screen, or as one of the customizable sub-menus in the bottom-right of the player screen.

Of course, this is vital information and removing it was a bad design decision.

On the other hand, the biggest problem with FM is FM. The situation is pretty much this: You have a huge group of junkies and only one dealer in town. I mean, even if SI release a bad game, what are you going to do? Play FIFA? Most people complaining on this forum will be back next November, and SI know that.

9 minutes ago, Prej said:

Of course, this is vital information and removing it was a bad design decision.

On the other hand, the biggest problem with FM is FM. The situation is pretty much this: You have a huge group of junkies and only one dealer in town. I mean, even if SI release a bad game, what are you going to do? Play FIFA? Most people complaining on this forum will be back next November, and SI know that.

I agree. A lack of competition can lead to flabbiness of product and poor quality control.

The missing Nationalities box in the UI would probably take literally minutes to fix. Yet here we are, more than a month after the game release, and this important aspect of the game has not been fixed.

On 06/12/2019 at 02:52, Ron Wandle said:

Football Manager Touch 2018 player Information screen:

173412343_FMT2018POBBOX.thumb.png.74d9520e22b0d700b806af87d8cb4dcc.png

Football Manager Touch 2020 player Information screen:

40889524_FMT2020POBBOX.thumb.png.4c99d96ac931474a673cdf426c8a27b2.png

There's a whole box missing. :rolleyes:

The missing Nationalities box does not appear to be reproduced in any of the other sub-menus.

Comparing the two screenshots, the FM18 one actually looks a lot better.

Edited by Colorado

Seeing as many (all?) of the pre release screenshots are from 1024 pixel screens... No wonder they are having a hard time fitting everything in! 

Perhaps it's time to move forward to 2019 and optimise the game for larger screens? Just an idea!