[FM20] Cyprus - Full Football League System, Database Update and More

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit of an update guys.

All the correct teams have been created, I've also for the first time ever been able to create the correct U19 structure due to the editor's advanced capabilities. The correct league rules have all been created as well. 

What I have left to do is to test the league structure, figure out how to make the Second Division work (it's really complicated) and finish histories. 

Thank you for your patience :)

Il 30/11/2019 in 18:31 , Travis Bickle ha scritto:

Welcome to the thread.

Since the introduction of playable editor files in Football Manager, I have been involved in bringing the most realistic, accurate Cyprus file you could possibly find. I research every aspect of the rules to infinite detail and try to implement UEFA's highest ranked league not in the game. For this year, Football Manager 2020, I will be doing the following.

My file will include:

Competitions:

• Cypriot First Division
  • Cypriot Second Division (in the updated, two group format)
  • Cypriot Third Division
  • Cypriot Cup
  • Cypriot Super Cup
  • Cypriot Cup for Lower Divisions

The leagues will all be updated with accurate registration rules, TV dates, transfer windows, financial deals, awards and histories.

Additionally, I will add training facilities for clubs that have them, updated lat/long for stadiums in Cyprus. I will also add accurate youth teams and set-up where possible.

There is a lack of Cypriot players in the game, and as such I always advise you tick the added players for playable teams, however, if I get some help I am more than happy to work on an expanded database that includes players for lower league teams and youth players.

I think the Cypriot league is one of the most interesting to play in and hope you enjoy my file. If you are interested in helping out please PM me. 

File will be uploaded shortly. 

I have done it a few days ago and I sent my work to SI as it seems there s a bug in the editor. Basically when in 2 division it s time for stage 1 and 2 after the first group stage if I select that teams carry points only and 50% of them doesn t verify anymore. In my file I haven t put the cup for 3rd and lower leagues but I re create the whole under19 pyramid with the 3 divisions

3 minutes ago, RpmMarko said:

I have done it a few days ago and I sent my work to SI as it seems there s a bug in the editor. Basically when in 2 division it s time for stage 1 and 2 after the first group stage if I select that teams carry points only and 50% of them doesn t verify anymore. In my file I haven t put the cup for 3rd and lower leagues but I re create the whole under19 pyramid with the 3 divisions

How did you recreate the U19 divisions? this is my problem at the moment. I am working on a work-around for the 2nd division but if I can't find anything I'm just going to have it as a standard 16 team league.

Let's chat maybe we can join forces and fix this together! :)  I'd really love to release a file for everyone tomorrow. 

39 minuti fa, Travis Bickle ha scritto:

How did you recreate the U19 divisions? this is my problem at the moment. I am working on a work-around for the 2nd division but if I can't find anything I'm just going to have it as a standard 16 team league.

Let's chat maybe we can join forces and fix this together! :)  I'd really love to release a file for everyone tomorrow. 

I ll send u the file. Of course as I said at the moment can t verify it. I isoleted the error and it s definitely on the carrying points from stage 0. SI will analyze it. 

Ncipro1.2.fmf

1 hour ago, Svartica said:

As long as it's playable I think most people will be happy even if it isn't exactly like the real structure. :)

I know, I'm just a perfectionist. I've by some miracle got the 2nd division looking decently. I'm just running 2 seasons now to make sure it's OK and I'll upload. 

If someone can help me with this, the file is complete:

The Second Division works properly. Two groups of 8, top 4 of each play their own "Championship Group" in which 2 get promoted, bottom 4 of each play their own "Relegation Group" in which 4 get relegated, however the 1st place of the Championship Group doesn't get recorded as the league winner in the history.

This is purely cosmetic, as you are credited as the 2nd Division champion and it appears in your league history, but it would be nice to fix. 

Am happy to release the file immediately if this doesn't bother anyone too much. 

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 23.24.53.png

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 23.24.46.png

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 23.24.58.png

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 23.25.39.png

Il 7/12/2019 in 07:29 , _michalis_79 ha scritto:

i can help if you want

im from cyprus and im also a big  fan of cypriot football

In the under19 structure how many promotion /relegation are there? Is it 3 releg from. Division A, 3 promotion and 3 releg in division B and 3 promot in division C? 

Please remember that this is a BETA file and will almost definitely need some tweaking. There might be something wrong that I only catch after a while. After 2-3 days playing and whizzing through a couple of seasons actually managing in the league, I am sure I will find some things that need fixing. This being said, I have done my utmost to provide the most accurate Cypriot file that you will possibly find. I've got all the official league files from the Cypriot FA to try and recreate the league the best way possible using the advanced editor.

Known issues:

- The Cypriot First Division has a rule in life in which teams must field 2 HG or Cypriot (eligible for NT) players or else face a fine. In practice, all clubs do adhere to this rule, but the fine for the bigger teams is so minimal that they have no problems paying it. You can feasibly play 11 non-HG foreigners if you want. As of right now, I've left no restrictions for the first XI as I am not sure the best way to implement this. It's quite likely a future edition of the file will have 2 HG ticked, 3 in the Match Squad. There is a restriction of 10 HG players (specifically says 3 years between 15 and 21) in the registration 25. 

- There's a rule that you can sign a free transfer GK if your GK gets injured long-term at any point in the season. The advanced editor actually allows this to be checked, but I haven't been able to test if it actually works. 

- Club Vision isn't set. The game automatically assigns "Sign U22 Players" to teams. I am working on a comprehensive update so club vision will match the club identity. i.e APOEL should have "Sign High Profile Players". 

- The Cypriot Second Division has a complicated system. I've recreated it accurately, but the recorded history can be a little off. There's two groups of 8, the top 4 of each play a "Championship Group" of 8 teams. The bottom 4 of each play a "Second Division Playout" of 8 teams. If you play in the Second Division Playout and finish 1st or 2nd etc, your team history will show you as finishing 1st or 2nd in the "Cypriot Second Division". Whereas if you finish 1st or 2nd of the Championship Group, your history shows you as finishing 1st or 2nd in the "Cypriot Second Division Championship Group". It's cosmetic, does not effect achievements or board confidence (I believe, I have tested this). 

- I've not sorted out seedings for the Second Division Groups, so it might be a bit random. I've also not put the accurate groups for this season, I let the game draw the groups. That will be fixed in my next update. 

- The Cypriot U19 Cup has not been added yet. 

- There's a weird thing that appears in Squad Registration (check). Not sure if that's just in Cyprus or in the game in general. It does not harm gameplay as far as I can see.

- There are very few youth players in the game, or players of lower divisions. I'd love to fix this eventually but it takes a lot of research. I have actually contacted some clubs to ask for team sheets, info on height, weight, birthdates etc but it's something that will need to be done comprehensively. 

Any issues at all please get in touch with me.

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/XXkqicJ

FILE:

https://easyupload.io/lrq8bz

Edited by Travis Bickle

21 ore fa, Travis Bickle ha scritto:

Please remember that this is a BETA file and will almost definitely need some tweaking. There might be something wrong that I only catch after a while. After 2-3 days playing and whizzing through a couple of seasons actually managing in the league, I am sure I will find some things that need fixing. This being said, I have done my utmost to provide the most accurate Cypriot file that you will possibly find. I've got all the official league files from the Cypriot FA to try and recreate the league the best way possible using the advanced editor.

Known issues:

- The Cypriot First Division has a rule in life in which teams must field 2 HG or Cypriot (eligible for NT) players or else face a fine. In practice, all clubs do adhere to this rule, but the fine for the bigger teams is so minimal that they have no problems paying it. You can feasibly play 11 non-HG foreigners if you want. As of right now, I've left no restrictions for the first XI as I am not sure the best way to implement this. It's quite likely a future edition of the file will have 2 HG ticked, 3 in the Match Squad. There is a restriction of 10 HG players (specifically says 3 years between 15 and 21) in the registration 25. 

- There's a rule that you can sign a free transfer GK if your GK gets injured long-term at any point in the season. The advanced editor actually allows this to be checked, but I haven't been able to test if it actually works. 

- Club Vision isn't set. The game automatically assigns "Sign U22 Players" to teams. I am working on a comprehensive update so club vision will match the club identity. i.e APOEL should have "Sign High Profile Players". 

- The Cypriot Second Division has a complicated system. I've recreated it accurately, but the recorded history can be a little off. There's two groups of 8, the top 4 of each play a "Championship Group" of 8 teams. The bottom 4 of each play a "Second Division Playout" of 8 teams. If you play in the Second Division Playout and finish 1st or 2nd etc, your team history will show you as finishing 1st or 2nd in the "Cypriot Second Division". Whereas if you finish 1st or 2nd of the Championship Group, your history shows you as finishing 1st or 2nd in the "Cypriot Second Division Championship Group". It's cosmetic, does not effect achievements or board confidence (I believe, I have tested this). 

- I've not sorted out seedings for the Second Division Groups, so it might be a bit random. I've also not put the accurate groups for this season, I let the game draw the groups. That will be fixed in my next update. 

- The Cypriot U19 Cup has not been added yet. 

- There's a weird thing that appears in Squad Registration (check). Not sure if that's just in Cyprus or in the game in general. It does not harm gameplay as far as I can see.

- There are very few youth players in the game, or players of lower divisions. I'd love to fix this eventually but it takes a lot of research. I have actually contacted some clubs to ask for team sheets, info on height, weight, birthdates etc but it's something that will need to be done comprehensively. 

Any issues at all please get in touch with me.

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/XXkqicJ

FILE:

https://easyupload.io/lrq8bz

Hi travis! I have my file out as well with everything included under19 division. Haven t set up a couple of rules u said as I wasn t aware 

Cipro3.0.fmf

50 minuti fa, GregCY ha scritto:

@RpmMarko & @Travis Bickle will logos and shirt will be added here? or not?

as they said logos can be easily recreated.. For kits.. Tbh i m not from cyprus. It was really hard to find informations about clubs of C and stok division. I do kits as well but Don t Wan t to spend years only to find photos

1 hour ago, RpmMarko said:

as they said logos can be easily recreated.. For kits.. Tbh i m not from cyprus. It was really hard to find informations about clubs of C and stok division. I do kits as well but Don t Wan t to spend years only to find photos

You can do just first & second division kit easier to find

23 hours ago, _michalis_79 said:

Amazing job Travis!! Thank you.  I would love if we also had the real players in the third division. Can you somehow contact the teams of the third division and get some info about their players, lineups, etc? 

Yes, I am doing so. But it's not fair unless I have information for all the teams. It has to be 16/16 for the Second and First division otherwise it creates imbalance. I'm working on it as well as the First Division to have proper youth teams. 

23 hours ago, Svartica said:

The logos are already available in multiple packs around the internet.

This. I am not a graphics guy. 

On 17/12/2019 at 18:16, RpmMarko said:

Hi travis! I have my file out as well with everything included under19 division. Haven t set up a couple of rules u said as I wasn t aware 

Cipro3.0.fmf 37.04 kB · 1 download

Just wanted to say RpmMarko helped me out and he deserves credit. 

18 hours ago, _michalis_79 said:

There is no rule in cyprus that says every roster must have at least 10 players from cypriot academies. Can you please fix it? For example Apoel in real life only has 5 players from cypriot academies. The rule is 3, not 10

Not in the First XI or match squad, but the rule does exist for the team registration at the beginning of the season.

This bit from the rulebook for the top league this year:

9. Στον Κατάλογο Α θα πρέπει απαραίτητα να εγγράφονται και τουλάχιστον 10 ποδοσφαιριστές που κατά το 18ο έτος της ηλικίας
τους ή προηγούμενα να ήταν εγγεγραμμένοι ως ποδοσφαιριστές στο αρχείο ποδοσφαιριστών της ΚΟΠ, διαφορετικά ο μέγιστος
αριθμός των 25 επαγγελματιών ποδοσφαιριστών θα πρέπει να μειωθεί κατά τον αριθμό που υπολείπεται για να συμπληρωθεί ο
αριθμός των 10 ποδοσφαιριστών.

The "A" list of registration has a 25 man limit and 10 players must be registered with Cypriot academies by the age of 18. My Greek is not that good but I've run this past three people and I've been told this translation is correct. 

The rule is 3 in the Match Squad, 2 in the First XI as I explained above I haven't implemented this. 

On 18/12/2019 at 22:09, RpmMarko said:

Thanks Travis! Well I have to say I created teams for stok division because of your work. I wanted to have it complete! So thank u as well. Great collaboration! In future for any problem for a nation just ask mate 

Yes I also have as well and added their stadiums/cities. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

Just now, _michalis_79 said:

Then, how am i supposed to play if apoel only has 5 players from cypriot academies?

This year, i think that in the first division not even one team has 10 players from cypriot academies.

You're allowed to leave spaces to meet the quota. Meaning you register the 5 and the 25 max limit gets dropped to 20. 

However, U22 players do not have to be registered and are available to play any time.

It's not hard. 

2 minutes ago, _michalis_79 said:

Then, how am i supposed to play if apoel only has 5 players from cypriot academies?

This year, i think that in the first division not even one team has 10 players from cypriot academies.

Sounds problematic to be fair.

@Travis Bickle Maybe you should streamline the file a bit to make it easier to play with? The problems you have listed yourself, e.g. the history thing with winners of the second division, makes my OCD crazy. I would personally prefer a simpler system which just "works", but I know that you try to make everything as accurate as possible. Thanks again for making this file and please don't see this post as negative.

2 minutes ago, Svartica said:

Sounds problematic to be fair.

@Travis Bickle Maybe you should streamline the file a bit to make it easier to play with? The problems you have listed yourself, e.g. the history thing with winners of the second division, makes my OCD crazy. I would personally prefer a simpler system which just "works", but I know that you try to make everything as accurate as possible. Thanks again for making this file and please don't see this post as negative.

I explained above. It's absolutely no different to the HG registration rules in the CL (which are 8 I believe). You have 25 players to choose from, 10 must be HG but if you only register say 8, it just means that your max players registered is 23 instead of 25. On top of that U22 players can be selected at all times.

Which is the issue with the 2nd Division? I believe I corrected it but please tell me if there is an issue. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

On 16/12/2019 at 21:51, Travis Bickle said:

I was referring to this. I don't know if you have fixed it yet, I just assumed it was an issue.

Also you wrote about a problem regarding squad registration which I would like to know more about if you can elaborate? I know you say it doesn't affect gameplay but it makes me a bit nervous tbh. :)

3 minutes ago, Svartica said:

I was referring to this. I don't know if you have fixed it yet, I just assumed it was an issue.

Also you wrote about a problem regarding squad registration which I would like to know more about if you can elaborate? I know you say it doesn't affect gameplay but it makes me a bit nervous tbh. :)

Check here. @_michalis_79 too. The Squad registration works totally as it should. It's clear and no more complex than any other league in the game.  This is the start of the game with Anorthosis Famagusta. 

The issue above (history I am trying to fix, and it's technically accurate but I can make it work better in game. I'll show you SS's of that shortly.

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 19.58.46.png

Edited by Travis Bickle

Thanks for clarifying. Do you think it's possible to solve the cosmetic issue with the leagues? And when do you reckon the update with second division seedings will be out? Just so I know if I should start a game now or wait until you release the next update.

Sorry for the many questions. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Svartica said:

Thanks for clarifying. Do you think it's possible to solve the cosmetic issue with the leagues? And when do you reckon the update with second division seedings will be out? Just so I know if I should start a game now or wait until you release the next update.

Sorry for the many questions. :lol:

The seedings have been fixed in this current version. It's just the history. Here's screenshots of what I mean:

(Click from the bottom up). 

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 20.11.49.png

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 20.11.44.png

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 20.11.36.png

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 20.11.31.png

Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 20.11.17.png

Edited by Travis Bickle

@Travis Bickle I just thought you didn't do the seedings and sorting of this season's groups as you listed it as a known issue and as far as I can see you haven't updated the file since?

And okay, I see what you mean. Good thing it's just cosmetic but it bothers me more than it should. Don't mind me though, you have made a stunning job with this.

6 minutes ago, Svartica said:

@Travis Bickle I just thought you didn't do the seedings and sorting of this season's groups as you listed it as a known issue and as far as I can see you haven't updated the file since?

And okay, I see what you mean. Good thing it's just cosmetic but it bothers me more than it should. Don't mind me though, you have made a stunning job with this.

That was my mistake, I should have updated you. I found an option in the advanced editor to seed for every new season. I can prove this because the promoted Third Division teams don't all automatically go into Group A as before. 

And yes, trust me, I have severe OCD problems. I'm all over the place and obsess over the smallest details. But I'd rather have an accurate Cypriot file in the game with 1-2 cosmetic details than one that wasn't accurate.

Edited by Travis Bickle

1 minute ago, Svartica said:

Sounds good.

I will start a save with your file asap. I'll let you know if any issues comes along. :)

I am going to "holiday" 10 years again now if you want to wait for me to double check. 

This is the one I am using just to be sure: https://gofile.io/?c=C9AF9j

Edited by Travis Bickle