Editor Help

Moorsfan

Hi sorry newbie needing help!

I have searched but can't seem to find the answer...

I've used the editor to make some really minor changes (transfer of some players) but when I try and load the game my saved file isn't available (no option available to change database) I also can't see my saved file in the data editor folder in file explorer.

This is what I'm currently doing...

Load database
Make changes
Save editor data as....   in the subfolder  SportsInteractive/FootballManager2020/editordata

I know the option to select database is in the top right of the screen after selecting career mode but no options come up.

Am I missing anything????

1 hour ago, Moorsfan said:

I've used the editor to make some really minor changes (transfer of some players) but when I try and load the game my saved file isn't available (no option available to change database) I also can't see my saved file in the data editor folder in file explorer.

Load database
Make changes
Save editor data as....   in the subfolder  SportsInteractive/FootballManager2020/editordata

I know the option to select database is in the top right of the screen after selecting career mode but no options come up.

check in the game location of your fm20 folder (in preferences)

5 hours ago, Moorsfan said:

Load database
Make changes

Save Editor Data

Verify Database

Im presuming its the Advance editor then ? If it isn't then disregard the above and just Test competitions first as its prob got an error 

Or upload you file and I will look for you

Edited by prot651

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

Im presuming its the Advance editor then ? If it isn't then disregard the above and just Test competitions first as its prob got an error 

Or upload you file and I will look for you

Ok great thanks....

I've exported the file and also attached the only files thate are in the editor data subfolfer.

Moors.xml config.xml last_saved_rules.tmp

18 minutes ago, Moorsfan said:

Where do I find preferences?  I found them in the game home screen but there isn't any options to view game location there?

in seach box type: location, you should have location the game 'loads' files from.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Moorsfan:

I can't get this screen up though :(

The database box does not respond and there are no options in advance setup.

Are you trying to load the database for FM Touch? It works only with the FM version.

18 hours ago, Moorsfan said:

Hey guys

I've done it!  Had to move some things round in explorer!

Thanks so much for your help!

What did you do? In case someone else has the same issue.

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

Edited by nine_iron