TV game/scheduling issues

coda

fm_schedule.thumb.png.6d1d81f2133c5de85241d9e24fc9f5de.png

The first batch of TV games have just been arranged and the PL have taken the sensible decision to push the Liverpool game a few hours forward, giving us even less time to recover from our Europa League game.

IRL obviously it would have been pushed back to Sunday and the Cup game to Wednesday. Is this a recurring theme in the game and just something you have to put up with? I'm familiar with the fixture pile up problems deep into a season but having not played since FM17 I don't recall this boneheaded scheduling at the start of one before.

Also notice the Saturday evening kick-offs, which aren't part of the schedule in the PL this year as far as I know.

Edited by coda

Gerçekten bu fikstür olayı çok can sıkıcı FM’de. Bence bunu ayarlamak çok zor olmasa gerek. Bazen takvim oldukça müsait olsa dahi fikstür sıkışabiliyor. Örneğin salı günü şampiyonlar ligi maçı oynadıktan sonra lig maçına pazar günü çıkıyorum. Ardından çarşamba kupa maçına ve cumartesi yeniden lig maçına çıkıyorum. Oysa bu fikstür rahatlıkla salı-cumartesi-çarşamba-pazar olabilir. Hiçbir engel yok. 

Evet gerçek hayatta takımlar bazen 4 gün içinde 2 maça ya da 7 gün içinde 3 maça çıkmak zorunda kalabiliyor. Ancak zorunlu haller dışında bunu pek görmüyoruz. FM’de ise bu durum bir rutin.

18 hours ago, xtradj said:

Why are the Saturday games 12:00? Researcher has had a shocker here haha 

It's bizarre.

I notice Arsenal have also been victims, having had a Saturday game after a Europa league match rearranged for the evening to be televised, rather than pushed back to the Sunday.

This flaw is a massive disadvantage and at this point I'm hesitant to even continue the game.

It's really annoying. TV fixtures in FM are not real at all. I don't think it's too complicated to do it more realistic...

I was wondering a long time if we can anyhow change this? There is no regulation/setting thing in Editor for broadcasting...

Amout of TV games also not realistic. It can't be so hard, to make rules, like in real life, where Sky & BT only choose *max amount* of games of any team for any TV slot (especially Monday & Friday).

Edited by qnufc

On 22/11/2019 at 16:46, coda said:

fm_schedule.thumb.png.6d1d81f2133c5de85241d9e24fc9f5de.png

The first batch of TV games have just been arranged and the PL have taken the sensible decision to push the Liverpool game a few hours forward, giving us even less time to recover from our Europa League game.

IRL obviously it would have been pushed back to Sunday and the Cup game to Wednesday. Is this a recurring theme in the game and just something you have to put up with? I'm familiar with the fixture pile up problems deep into a season but having not played since FM17 I don't recall this boneheaded scheduling at the start of one before.

Also notice the Saturday evening kick-offs, which aren't part of the schedule in the PL this year as far as I know.

I think it's a bug. I notice you did reply to another bug thread but I'd suggest a fresh thread, and include a save from before the event. 

I think your issue is slightly different from the person you replied to. Theirs appears to be a scheduling issue following on from the winter World Cup where as yours is TV scheduling around midweek cup fixtures.