Transfer activity in view only leagues

Have set up a new game at the start of the week, all europe leagues playable, and then the rest on view only.

As i have not had a minute to even continue from the setup due to work commitments and not likely to for a while! 

Am wondering do the view only leagues engage in transfer activity and squad building? as at the start are minimal if any players in their squads

3 hours ago, ray27 said:

Have set up a new game at the start of the week, all europe leagues playable, and then the rest on view only.

As i have not had a minute to even continue from the setup due to work commitments and not likely to for a while! 

Am wondering do the view only leagues engage in transfer activity and squad building? as at the start are minimal if any players in their squads

Teams in view-only leagues will still engage in transfer activity and squad building. They will seek to maintain roughly the same squad complement. i.e. if a team's squad has 10 real players loaded, they will aim to keep it round that amount of players. They won't decrease significantly (e.g. to 1-2) unless they're relegated and neither will they increase it to a fuller squad complement with reserves and youth teams.

One way to work around this is to load all players from that league and/or competitions before starting a new game. That way, the full squads will appear and a more active transfer market will ensue correspondingly. This will naturally mean a slight slowdown in processing time in view of all the extra players loaded, but it will still be faster than having the same league as playable.

Hope all this helps :thup:

Thanks Mons, A very comprehensive reply, Never thought about loading all players as thought it would give major slowdown.

I had an idea that maybe the view only leagues may of repopulated their squads with players left in database over time.

Quite happy with the outcome as you have explained though.

3 hours ago, ray27 said:

Thanks Mons, A very comprehensive reply, Never thought about loading all players as thought it would give major slowdown.

I had an idea that maybe the view only leagues may of repopulated their squads with players left in database over time.

Quite happy with the outcome as you have explained though.

You're welcome :thup: As a rule of thumb, the only difference between a view-only league and a league which isn't loaded is that the table and results are visible.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 16:52, Mons said:

Teams in view-only leagues will still engage in transfer activity and squad building. They will seek to maintain roughly the same squad complement. i.e. if a team's squad has 10 real players loaded, they will aim to keep it round that amount of players. They won't decrease significantly (e.g. to 1-2) unless they're relegated and neither will they increase it to a fuller squad complement with reserves and youth teams.

One way to work around this is to load all players from that league and/or competitions before starting a new game. That way, the full squads will appear and a more active transfer market will ensue correspondingly. This will naturally mean a slight slowdown in processing time in view of all the extra players loaded, but it will still be faster than having the same league as playable.

Hope all this helps :thup:

does this apply to managers as well? so a team will always appoint a new manager if the current one leaves for whatever reason?

8 minutes ago, GJS93 said:

does this apply to managers as well? so a team will always appoint a new manager if the current one leaves for whatever reason?

That's a question I'm afraid I can't answer with any degree of definiteness. I'd wager the answer is yes, however.

• 2 months later...
On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:19, Mons said:

That's a question I'm afraid I can't answer with any degree of definiteness. I'd wager the answer is yes, however.

after finally getting round to testing it sadly it doesn't appear to be the same for managers :(