Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vladis

Il Maestro - Back for the Future

976e7d85902d2c982f55904832541ca7.jpg

Andrea Pirlo, one of the best and smartest playmakers in history, returns to San Siro to start a new era for Rossoneri. Beautiful legend, isn`t it? Big history, big ambitions, big expectations... let`s see where we go.

Global aim - is predictably become №1 in the world. But on the way for this glory we should achieve a lot of short- and long-term goals.

Some of them:

1) Champions league every season. This is what the fans want and this is crucial for many aspects such as finances, marketing, reputation etc.

2) Build strong verticale u18--u20--main squad. What i mean. Strong coaching team, unified tactical system for all levels. And i`m a fan of "manageriable" rosters. No more then 25 players in u18 and u20 squads and no more then 23 players in senior squad.

3) Attractive football (of course with DLP in the system ;)) . I`m not a fan of gegenpressing, "all in attack" or something like this but i prefer the rule "best defending is attacking". When you are with ball it`s reduces chances for opponents. But at the same time plug and play tactics are not for me too. I have nothing against parking the bus if its really needed and will help us to win the match.

4) Preference to Italian players. It`s not a rule but ideal picture for me is strong Italian core alongside with quality players abroad.

5) Very long term i think - become CL most times winner (now Real - 13 times).

So let`s start:

Season 2018-2019 "Transitional"

Why transitional? Cause this season is time for everyone in the club including players and the staff to show their skills and abilities. No transfers, no loans, no staff moves. And i will decide who suits our high standarts and who will leave the club.

to be continued...

AC Milan have always been a favorite team of mine. 

I used to love their kits and also cos of Weah, Kluivert etc.

I might do this myself after I have completed a challenge I am doing as I aint done a long term AC Milan save in ages.

Maybe you could look at bringing Timothy Weah, Justin Kluivert etc to carry on the family tradition lol.

So it`s time for update.

Season 2018-2019

Fixtures (1 part) |Fixtures (2 part) | Fixtures (3 part)

Transfers

Mussachio was complaining about his playing time so i decided to let him go out. The same story with Strinic but i had plans for him for next season and sent on loan to Young Boys.

Competitions

LegaSerieAlogoTIM.png Serie A - 5th place.

Despite the fact we didn`t qualified for CL it was productive season. Only 8 points from 1st place, very good defensive work throughout the season.

800px-Coppa_Italia_-_Logo_2019.svg.png Coppa Italia - Semi final (lost to Lazio 0-0; 0-1. Winner - Roma).

We played better then lazio but they were more effective. 

800px-Europa_League.svg.png Europe League - Semi final (lost to Chelsea 0-3; 3-1. Winner - Chelsea).

I`m quite happy with EL campaigne: 1st place in group, wins over strong German sides Schalke and Dortmund in 1st and 2d knockout rounds and battle with Chelsea where we were close to come back after 0-3 defeat.

Top goalscorer (all competitions)

35px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Krzystof Piatek (15 goals)

Top assistent (all competitions)

35px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d'Ivoire.svg.png Franck Kessie (7 assists)

Fans Player of the Year

35px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Alessio Romagnoli (33 games, 2+0, av. rat. - 7.21)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positives of the season:

- We met all board expectations;

- Good defensive work;

- No serious injures.

Negatives of the season:

- Poor game in attack

- Lost almost all matches to our main rivals.

Also i rated all players and staff abilities and decided in what direction we will move and who we will go with. 

Season 2 in next update.

Season 2019-2020

Fixtures (1 part) |Fixtures (2 part) | Fixtures (3 part)

Transfers  (1 part; 2 part)

According to very weak game in attack last season i decided to make revamp in this line. Calhanoglu, Borini, Castillejo - this players were not in my plans anymore. Suso was the main disappointment in 2/3 of the season but his game in last months made me think he is on the right track...but when Bayern came with so solid offer i decided that this amount of money is good enough to let him go. Replacement was found in Italy. Chiesa and Berardi should become my new creators and weapons in attack. Also for rotation was loaned from Man City Patrick Roberts. Also many changes in defensive line. Last season we felt lack of depth in CD position so to substitute Romagnoli-Caldara pair were brought in very experienced Gary Cahill and very promising young defender Romagna. Another one unexpected sale was Rodriguez. But PSG offer was too good to decline so we were forced to find a good replacement for him. And found it in Monaco. Barreca didn`t play even one game for Monaco but had a good season during his loan in Newcastle. And for very adequate 14.25M we signed him. Also we strengthened our midfield with quality players like Battaglia, Grujic (on loan), and Mensah (on loan).

Competitions

LegaSerieAlogoTIM.png Serie A – Champions!!!

Before the start of the season i think nobody expected from us racing for the title. But it was really great season. We didn`t have any huge drops in form, performed well from the first till the last tour. And praises for this trio in attack: Chiesa, Piatek, Berardi. They often made difference and finally our attack became dangerous, especially in comparison with last season.

Some wins to notice: vs Roma 5-0 (away), vs Napoli 3-0 (at home), vs Fiorentina 6-2 (at home).

800px-Coppa_Italia_-_Logo_2019.svg.png Coppa Italia – Quarter final (lost to Juventus 0-1, winner – Juventus).

We were not lucky to meet Juve so early in the cup. In equal game the winner was defined only at 90+1 minute.

800px-Europa_League.svg.png Europe League – Quarter final (lost to Liverpool 0-0, 1-1 (a), winner – Liverpool).

We had easy enough group and were lucky with opponents in first two knockout rounds, but this luck ended when the quarter final draw took place. However,against Liverpool we performed very well and deserved to be in semi-final.

Top goalscorer (all competitions)

35px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Krszysztof Piatek (25 goals)

Top assistant (all competitions)

35px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Federico Chiesa (9 assists)

Fans Player of the Year

35px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Antonio Barreca (36 games, 0+8, av. rat. – 7.25)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positives of the season:

- Stable form;

- Good at defence;

- Good at attack;

- Solid profit from transfers;

- Upgraded our training facilities to the state of art level;

- Very professional atmosphere in our dressing room.

Negativies of the season:

- Didn`t have some luck in EL. I think we deserved more in games with Liverpool;

- Romagnoli`s injury. He missed 6 months due to damaged crucial ligaments.

In next update i will introduce our squad for 20-21 season, show main prospects, etc. Stay tuned.

Good Start! Always good to win Serie A.

What formation do you use to get the best out of the DLP? and what PPM's do you train for one?

Edited by Hootieleece

В 27.08.2019 в 00:54, Ronaldo Beckham сказал:

AC Milan have always been a favorite team of mine. 

I used to love their kits and also cos of Weah, Kluivert etc.

I might do this myself after I have completed a challenge I am doing as I aint done a long term AC Milan save in ages.

Maybe you could look at bringing Timothy Weah, Justin Kluivert etc to carry on the family tradition lol.

Hope u will enjoy your save with Milan.  Thanks for advices. I keep Kluivert in mind but now he costs too much for me besides Berardi on right flank is doing great job. 

В 08.09.2019 в 17:41, Hootieleece сказал:

Good Start! Always good to win Serie A.

What formation do you use to get the best out of the DLP? and what PPM's do you train for one?

Hi, thanks. I`m using 4-3-3 with DLP set to defend duty behind BBM and CM (A) (or another BBM) pair. Didn`t train any PPMs. My first choice last seasons Biglia has "dictates tempo" that is good in my vision of tactic but on the other hand he has "plays short simple passes" that i would like to retrain but he is too old for this). But looking ahead one of my two newbies on that position has perfect PPMs for me: "dictates tempo", 'likes to switch ball to other flank", and another newbie is very young and could learn those PPM`s i would like.