What counts as an important match?

Hey

As the title says, what counts as an important match in the game?  An example, if i am Liverpool and face Man City in the first league match of the season, does that count? We are not rivals in the game and the match is very early in the season but it is still very important in my view, so how does the game look at it? 

Thanks =) 

As far as I know the game looks at league games against your close rivals, games at the end of the season that are critical, the final stages of cup tournaments, and European games ( if you are playing in Europe )  I would doubt that the game would look at your game against City as important at that stage in the season.  Play them with 3 games to go with the league on the line and it will be

It's very much situational and there are varying degrees of what's important and what's not. 

Have a look at this post, for instance:

"There's not really a definitive answer as it is relative and will vary from situation to situation. Examples would be: rivals, significant knock-out rounds, matches that could decide league placement, high reputation matches, etc. Of course there is then relativity within this, one team's "big match" is another's norm, an FA Cup 3rd round tie isn't big until you draw your rivals, and so on. For more specifics I would suggest asking the ME guys :thup:"

Archived