Rebounds from free kicks

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but there is something odd about the way players behave when they run onto to a rebound from a free kick.

It seems whenever a player of yours curls in a free kick that gets pushed away by the goalkeeper, a player from your team who is running onto the rebound, doesn't ever seem to hit it first time. They always seem to want to stop and take a touch for some reason or just stand over the ball, and of course they get dispossessed by an opposing defender.

While I have seen that happen, I've also seen a fair number of rebounds shot right back toward the net.  Unfortunately, because I play lower leagues, my guys usually shoot them right back at the keeper or over the bar.  Now that's infuriating.

Keeper poorly parries DFK, the ball bounces back inside the 6-yards box, one of my players gets first on it and is flagged for offside.

That happens like once or twice per match, whenever I get a DFK.. It's so infuriating it has become the new "he surely didn't mean that!" goal coming from a miskicked cross in terms of annoyingly repetitive quirky highlight

Archived