4-3-1-2 Struggling

I am struggling to get the best out of my players in my 4-3-1-2 system:

935ad8b3c860225f8dec83c0dfbcd76e.thumb.png.6e8d05bc3dce2e9110f5215c37260810.png

I can't get the best out of my front three - I don't think my AM has had a single good game yet.

Only player instruction is AM and BBM with 'move into channels'.

In attack I am trying to use short, fast passing to open the opposition defence with combination play between the players.  

How can I make these players and tactic function better? Any help is appreciated.

16 minutes ago, robman90 said:

Only player instruction is AM and BBM with 'move into channels'.

So you have as many as 5 players moving into channels ??? Because mezzala, DLF and AF are already hard-coded to move into channels.

The problem is, in a 4312 the fullbacks are key players, as they control the entire flanks. If your fullbacks aren't good enough to get up and down the pitch, constantly supporting attacks while at the same time being solid in defence - then do not play a 4312. Each system requires certain types of players in order to work. And if you manage Wimbledon, I fear - with all due respect - that your team is not good enough to play this system in an effective way. Maybe you could try to play some rather counter-attacking version of 4312. I guess that would make some sense.

Marco Giampaolo, is that you? :D

I see a lot of problems with the system.

You have no defensively minded midfielders. I would opt to make that DLP in the middle a DLP (d). Also the FBs aren't supporting the flanks well as they both have a defend duty. You're trying to attack with 7 players in the middle with almost no one out wide helping them out against parked buses.

6 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Marco Giampaolo, is that you? :D

Just thought I'd put in this thread as its one of the few about this formation, which isn't that popular. I think a few of Rashidi's videos feature the formation too.

Archived