Alternative Career Starts

albertluque

The likes of Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso recently began coaching by being involved within the youth teams of a club. 

I know we can manage clubs u18's when the manager of the first team but perhaps it should be an option to start as the manager of a youth team exclusively (could boost working with youth attribute). Anyway, manage for a year or two as u18 manager of Leeds or something before boosting your rep and then going for an u23 job and then perhaps moving into a caretaker role at a club too.

Would add more realism and also an alternative path for managers to take.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

To clarify is this FR specifically for AI managers?  

It would be smart to have it for AI managers. However it should also be an option for us as well, think about it. We have the option to design our managers to be former professional players. If you have a favoured club like Gerrard, Lampard or Alonso... they could start out at the U18's or other youth squads of their favoured clubs as could we. Then from there we take full control of the youth squad while not being in control of the first team and forge our career that way.

On 01/06/2019 at 12:40, albertluque said:

The likes of Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso recently began coaching by being involved within the youth teams of a club. 

I know we can manage clubs u18's when the manager of the first team but perhaps it should be an option to start as the manager of a youth team exclusively (could boost working with youth attribute). Anyway, manage for a year or two as u18 manager of Leeds or something before boosting your rep and then going for an u23 job and then perhaps moving into a caretaker role at a club too.

Would add more realism and also an alternative path for managers to take.

I've commented on similar posts before but definitely should be part of the game as it is very common in real life. As a under 19 or reserve team coach, you might be given different objectives, so rather than performance on the pitch as in cups and league, you might be charged with developing players to make them ready for the first team and playing in a certain style set out by the club (DoF or manager).

On 05/06/2019 at 13:26, allezdae said:

Would also be interesting to then be made caretaker of the club after the first team manager gets sacked, giving you the chance to audition for the top job .

I've also suggested this before - would be a great option. I suppose this would not only apply to you as a youth team manager but also caretaker roles like Solskjaer brought in for the remainder of the season - Chelsea have had Hiddink do this too.

Archived