Air Miles Man - Back to Civilisation

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dd79291fe80658d7417115d23fd5a49d.png

Our win is tainted by a win for Lami as well by the same goal difference, which means that in the final fixture they have which is still to come they move to the same points as us.

2fb0e2e8744f8e4acea56ed53ab4702a.png

As the table shows we are now probably in the hands of Lami as to whether we take home another league title. There game is away to Seaqaqa in about a month. We hold out hope that they can upset Lami.

cff02809be2b0ce4570719b79ed5aba4.png

A 1-0 loss in the first playoff game means that to have any chance we would need Labasa to lose their next one. Really we are up against it when it comes to promotion now. They were really lucky labasa, one shot on target one goal, when we were probably the better side.

e78e4d7d0a6a453e673dc679b6c31196.png

We sign a new contract with the club until the end of 2024 season.

d6c1293a94b535e53b8cac9bbfe067ae.png

Also i forgot to give the world ranking for FIji, they are now 130th in the world meaning we get 191% modifier to our scores, also I am increase the base to two to get things move just a little bit quicker for now.

Right well the season is over and it is time to assign some miles. 

We won 5 games this season.

The equation as follows:-

2 x 1.91 x 2 x 3 (10 game season)

So each win is worth 11.49 miles so this season is worth 57.43 miles, and added to our haul of 94.82, leaves us on 152.25 miles. 

11142059106ef1e2b385730eb730fdb5.png

As you can see that slices right into Fiji and potentially allows us access to some of the Top Division clubs from South Island.

This is an interesting concept. Certainly not one that I have seen before. 

I was going to say that you started in the wrong place, but thinking about it you started in exactly the right place. 

4c9d1d1f0f3b7a3bbc0a60a2c525f9c1.png

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. :lol:

You have built up enough "Airmiles" to go from the North to South Island, (I didn't even know Fiji was 2 Islands). I haven't seen you comment with you being linked with other jobs. Are you able to apply or do you have to wait until you are approached? A bigger club in Fiji would certainly be a step in the right direction. 

Looking at the map, it would be nice to see you go through PNG rather than straight to Aus, but there are also some great countries in a NW direction. 

The only other thing I would say is don't ignore your Youth Intakes just because they are all PA rather than CA. If you are likely to be at a club for a while, it could be another option for you. 

Good luck. :thup:

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This is an interesting concept. Certainly not one that I have seen before. 

I was going to say that you started in the wrong place, but thinking about it you started in exactly the right place. 

4c9d1d1f0f3b7a3bbc0a60a2c525f9c1.png

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. :lol:

You have built up enough "Airmiles" to go from the North to South Island, (I didn't even know Fiji was 2 Islands). I haven't seen you comment with you being linked with other jobs. Are you able to apply or do you have to wait until you are approached? A bigger club in Fiji would certainly be a step in the right direction. 

Looking at the map, it would be nice to see you go through PNG rather than straight to Aus, but there are also some great countries in a NW direction. 

The only other thing I would say is don't ignore your Youth Intakes just because they are all PA rather than CA. If you are likely to be at a club for a while, it could be another option for you. 

Good luck. :thup:

Cheers mate,

So yeah it was a bit of crazy challenge that I decided would be a bit of fun. Not been easy in Fiji. I can approach the club if I wish. I have had one interview offer from Navua, but at the time they were way outside our range, so they weren't an option. Most of the best teams are on the South Island (not its real name, but easier for context), so there has been almost no reason to bother moving. Now we are probably at the first stage where we could secure a decentish job.

I don't think I have the db for PNG. I do have it for New Zealand, New Caledonia which would likely be right direction I want to end in.

You are right about the youth intakes, however there are two reasons why it is not worth focussing on too much,

a) the clubs facilities are pretty crap so difficult to develop the players well enough to rely upon it and finances are awful at the club now, consistently in the red. They won't even pay for the qualifications any more.

b) non contracts in Fiji mean, if they get remotely good, someone comes in and takes them off your hands. I got absolutely screwed and the end of the last season with players just jumping ship before the second playoff game.

2 minutes ago, TerminalPortugal said:

a755c9915304569ce04259897a2a91b2.png

A loss against Rakiraki, which to be honest might be acceptable had they not be doing so crap this season and secondly had we not again done stupid things like get a sending off.

d04cb00f63204d84b30d5fa1ec190cc9.png

Levuka's to lose now really.

It will be if they beat Navua in their game in hand. If Navua could do you a favour, it's back on. Must be so tough with such a short season, you basically have to go unbeaten to win the league

Archived