Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
TonyGunk

Loads of clubs are poor at start of 4th season

Recommended Posts

Just started my 4th season on my current game, and started to get ridiculous bids from Barcelona (such as 13mil for Sancho, who is currently valued at 82mil)....

After a while I wondered why, so using the editor I noticed Barcelona had £0 transfer budget. I started to check other teams and started to see a trend.

Just a small selection of others with no money (Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Chelsea has £884k, Man Utd 2.57mil, Bayern Munich 1.88mil).

Non selected leagues (such as Italy seem unaffected).

I seemed to start the new season with the same budget as I ended the last season with (despite winning the league).... so I'm down 50mil at least too.

Could it be possible that no clubs received revenue for the start of the new season?

Anyone else come across this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same for me. Idk when it starts but all the rich teams are somehow poor after a couple of seasons. And then you get a player from Huddersfield under Top 10 expensive player because no club can afford him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Does this occur without fail or does it only happen sometimes? If you have any save files from just before the season update going into the 4th season that would be much appreciated. If not, this is something which we will keep an eye on. Thank you very much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my save from August 2037. Note that i changed the budgets for some clubs with the editor but this doesn´t seem to affect the clubs, they loose the money when updating to a new season.

Best examples in my save are FC Bayern (Transferbudget 5.3m) Chelsea (38m), ManUnited (16m), AS Rom (1.7m), Real Madrid (38m). This is at the end of transfer phase but when you take a look at the transfer history, Real Madrid bought a player for 18.25m and that´s it.

Then you have player from Lyon or AS Monaco under Top-10 players which is pretty ridicolus, it seems like no club can afford them so they stay in their club.

ManCity and Barca are two clubs i managed recently, those 2 clubs have more funds then other top clubs.

Also i noticed that some squads are pretty much just the starting eleven and some youth players, the rest are greyed-out players which indicates the clubs can´t afford new players at all.

I played around 5 careers now. The problem occurs in every career after 4-5 seasons.

I hope you can get something out of this :)

fm_save4.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe their finances are being drained by having 30+ first team players on 300k a week, many of whom have like 4 appearances in 3 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Does this occur without fail or does it only happen sometimes? If you have any save files from just before the season update going into the 4th season that would be much appreciated. If not, this is something which we will keep an eye on. Thank you very much. 

I've only noticed it at the beginning of the current 2021/22 season. The 3 previous seasons I did not encounter this.

Attached is a save from 5th Jul 2021, sorry don't have one from just before starting the new season.

Real Madrid at this point have spent 28mil, and have no money left.

But Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid for example all have either no or very little money and have not spent any so far on transfers, just loans and free transfers. Bayern Munich only have 1.8mil.

fm_save3.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TonyGunk said:

I've only noticed it at the beginning of the current 2021/22 season. The 3 previous seasons I did not encounter this.

Attached is a save from 5th Jul 2021, sorry don't have one from just before starting the new season.

Real Madrid at this point have spent 28mil, and have no money left.

But Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid for example all have either no or very little money and have not spent any so far on transfers, just loans and free transfers. Bayern Munich only have 1.8mil.

fm_save3.zip 7.26 MB · 0 downloads

Same for me, problem occurs first in season 21/22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use the editor on CPU clubs with regards to finances you are editing the unallocated balances in their clubs - that is there will be a substantial amount of money at larger clubs which they have committed to transfers which might not have been made yet (this is how the internal AI of the game operates).

As such unless they are showing as 'Insecure' or whatever on their finances you are stressing over something which really doesn't matter it is just a nuance of how the internal AI operates so it doesn't try and spend money which they are intending to use on purchases (if they're out-bid in a particular transfer then the money goes back into their pot for another attempt).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2019 at 13:56, Marc Vaughan said:

If you use the editor on CPU clubs with regards to finances you are editing the unallocated balances in their clubs - that is there will be a substantial amount of money at larger clubs which they have committed to transfers which might not have been made yet (this is how the internal AI of the game operates).

As such unless they are showing as 'Insecure' or whatever on their finances you are stressing over something which really doesn't matter it is just a nuance of how the internal AI operates so it doesn't try and spend money which they are intending to use on purchases (if they're out-bid in a particular transfer then the money goes back into their pot for another attempt).

Thanks Marc, so the richest clubs in the world have money (as their financial status states) but no transfer budget for the new season, any ideas why?

As mentioned, I received no increase in my transfer budget between the end of the last season and the beginning of the current season... could it be that all the clubs also did not get an end of season payment to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TonyGunk said:

Thanks Marc, so the richest clubs in the world have money (as their financial status states) but no transfer budget for the new season, any ideas why?

As mentioned, I received no increase in my transfer budget between the end of the last season and the beginning of the current season... could it be that all the clubs also did not get an end of season payment to them?

As I tried to explain you are editing the 'internal variables of a computer program' - the transfer budget they have in not exactly what you are seeing.

The clubs plan a fair few of their bids up front at the start of their season when they get their budget - that money is removed from their budget until the bid completes (in which case its gone) or it fails (in which case the money is placed back in their kitty until they go after a new target or get a new budget).

So if you edit the game and see Manchester United have a paltry budget of $1m ... that isn't strictly speaking true in the way you expect their budget might be:

$1m +
$40m committed to attempting to sign Harry Maguire +
$60m committed to attempting to sign Kalidou Koulibaly
So perhaps a total budget presently of $101m in reality ...

This is one of the dangers involved in letting people see the internals of a complication computer program (and why I suggest in the main people just play and enjoy the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

As I tried to explain you are editing the 'internal variables of a computer program' - the transfer budget they have in not exactly what you are seeing.

The clubs plan a fair few of their bids up front at the start of their season when they get their budget - that money is removed from their budget until the bid completes (in which case its gone) or it fails (in which case the money is placed back in their kitty until they go after a new target or get a new budget).

So if you edit the game and see Manchester United have a paltry budget of $1m ... that isn't strictly speaking true in the way you expect their budget might be:

$1m +
$40m committed to attempting to sign Harry Maguire +
$60m committed to attempting to sign Kalidou Koulibaly
So perhaps a total budget presently of $101m in reality ...

This is one of the dangers involved in letting people see the internals of a complication computer program (and why I suggest in the main people just play and enjoy the game).

Thank you for explaining it further, I completely understand now.

I've played the above game through past the transfer window, and most of the clubs mentioned above did end up spending 50mil plus (regardless of what the transfer budget was saying). Like you say I guess that's one of the pitfalls of using the editor.

Thanks again for clearing this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 22/04/2019 at 04:59, Marc Vaughan said:

As I tried to explain you are editing the 'internal variables of a computer program' - the transfer budget they have in not exactly what you are seeing.

The clubs plan a fair few of their bids up front at the start of their season when they get their budget - that money is removed from their budget until the bid completes (in which case its gone) or it fails (in which case the money is placed back in their kitty until they go after a new target or get a new budget).

So if you edit the game and see Manchester United have a paltry budget of $1m ... that isn't strictly speaking true in the way you expect their budget might be:

$1m +
$40m committed to attempting to sign Harry Maguire +
$60m committed to attempting to sign Kalidou Koulibaly
So perhaps a total budget presently of $101m in reality ...

This is one of the dangers involved in letting people see the internals of a complication computer program (and why I suggest in the main people just play and enjoy the game).

I do understand that.

I tried to adjust the transfer and wage budgets to test if anything happens because in my example, ManCity and Real Madrid didn´t buy players for 3 seasons ( i checked all the top clubs transfers at start and end of season). I was wondering why because they didn´t even had a full squad (15 players and around 10 greyed out). After adjusting both clubs budgets they started buying players again. So there is definitly something going on, i just don´t know what it is. :D

Also what i have noticed, if i take over a club, they always have overdrawn wage budget. Maybe that´s related to the problem.

 

PS: i also checked the budgets during the season with the editor, the budgets dind´t really change (ManCity had transfer around 500k-700k, Real Madrid around 1m-1.5m, same applies to wage budget)

Edited by Adelrahn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...