Handballs? Yellows for Diving?

Weston

Can we add handballs to the game? I have played 5 seasons now and can't recall seeing a single one, much less one in the box leading to a penalty. Watching Serie A this season there is a pretty high frequency of them, especially now with VAR. Seems odd the complete lack of them in FM and I almost wonder if this should be logged as a match engine bug instead.

Also, I have never once seen a yellow given for a dive, even when the match commentary suggests a player faked a foul. Surely this should be replicated for realism as well.

1 hour ago, nie jem frytek said:

I have just literally conceded a penalty to handball whilst reading this thread. :)

wZFWJua.png

I do agree they're rare though. And goalkeepers are only getting yellow cards for them outside the box :mad:

Interesting! How long have you had to play to encounter this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/02/2019 at 05:36, Jimmy Wong said:

Do you have any stats of how many handballs incidents (in and outside the box)in the Italian league? I would help a lot so we can compare the data. Thanks.

I haven't been able to find an exact number, but even casually watching you'll notice it's not infrequent - at times it even seems there's on average one a week. Juventus matches have had multiple instances so far this season and the recent Fiorentina v Inter match had multiple in 90 mins. Yet I've played 5+ entire seasons and never seen a single one.

3 hours ago, tiago_wakabayashi said:

I see some handballs in my savegame. They are rare but it happens. And really should have card for diving and aggressive tackle for GKs (you don't see GKs commiting PKs)

Yeah, pretty sure I've also never seen a keeper cause a penalty either, which is odd...

Archived