2nd Season current tactics struggling for goals!!

Hey hoping someone can give me advice on best tactic to use with players i have? 

not short of good players but struggling at times for goals with current tactics seem to get a lot of draws or 1-0 wins only lost 2 games first season but 12 drew

Any Advice please would be awesome

Gk - De Gea 

DL - Shaw/Tierney

CB - Pongracic/Bailly/Lindelof

DR - S.Roberto

MC - Pogba/Savic/Fred/Saul/Pereira

AML - Sanchez/Martial/Trezeguet

AMR - L.Bailey/Mata/Lingard

St - Lukaku/Pedro/Rashford

23 minutes ago, kris29187 said:

not short of good players but struggling at times for goals with current tactics seem to get a lot of draws or 1-0 wins only lost 2 games first season but 12 drew

Have you tried any of the presets?  There are a couple in there with barely much modification that really suit Man United.  I even wonder whether they were created with United or dare I say Sir Alex in mind.

Yes my current tactic is the Vertical Tiki-Taka 4-1-4-1 pre set,  to be honest thats probably the best update they added this year for a tactical novice like myself :) 

its set up with 2 inside fowards and a target man, mezzala and a box to box midfielder. it dominates possession but feels like its lacking something for goals

@kris29187 it's your tactic so please go in any direction that you prefer.  I'm a big United fan and personally I don't think they have the players for any Tiki-Taka or Gegenpress.  However being a top level team it wouldn't take you long to adapt them that way.

However "wingplay" is so much like an old Fergie tactic say with a 442.  Then when he got more cute tactically the "fluid counter attack" with a 4141DM formation.

Those two presets so remind me of Man Utd that I almost believe they have been put in the game for that reason but maybe that's just me.  Even in his later years under SAF Utd still occasionally played 442/424 against PL teams they thought they'd beat hands down.  In Europe and against top four opponents Fergie/Quieroz opted more for the fluid counter.

Today's Utd squad still isn't technical in the way that Barcelona or City would be.  There is still a physicality about Utd and playing to that as a strength is no bad thing when managing them.  Just a few of my thoughts.  You may want to adapt the odd role by the way.  In the old 442 someone like Scholes was a playmaker but its only a tweak or two that you need.

Agreed the Utd of old with sir alex and his tactics would be great to emulate though i think im lacking in true Wingers to get near that.

I was thinking im probably lacking a good false nine to work the tiki taka 

think ill take a look at my attacking midfielders see if i can get some tweaks on the wings/ more crossing for target man 

36 minutes ago, kris29187 said:

I was thinking im probably lacking a good false nine to work the tiki taka 

Nah your team isn't made to play that style, its more than just the forward.  It needs good decisions, teamwork, off the ball, composure plus the technical attributes and some acceleration/agility to work in tight spaces and burst into space.  You definitely doesn't want players who like to take long shots especially those with low decisions (Pogba) or they'll take a pot shot before you have chance to create some space for a better chance.  Whilst you have good technical players there mentals aren't well rounded for that style.  They're more physical players though I think you lack a defensive physical player in midfield like a Kante.  Hence I would agree with @Robson 07 and look to a more direct style to use the physical attributes to attack space quickly whilst its there.

23 hours ago, kris29187 said:

ill give it a whirl ill look to set up a more direct tactic and see how i get on 

thanks for the info guys

Honestly that seems to be where tactics are this year.

Most of my goals are on the counter or due to a turnover from pressing. A good corner tactic as well. Corner conversion seems really high this year.

iv been trying out the 4-2-4 formation since yesterday, found one on steam workshop and its destroying the teams i should be beating. hammered villa 7-0 in a cup game first game using it.

still having reverting back to 4-1-4-1 V.tiki taka against "bigger" teams till i get a better formation. It Never looks like im going to win the match but im not losing either..... 

0-0 against Juve + Arsenal

1-1 Monaco  

Archived