FMT19 Saves Updates Thread

Last started one of these bad boys back in 2015 :cool:

Here's a general thread for FMT players to post sporadic updates of their FMT19 saves. Created this thread to avoid spamming the main feedback thread as that isn't the point of that one.

As stated in that thread, I've just nicked the Malaysian Super League on the last day of the season and am now set to start the Malaysia Cup. Here's a screenshot of the final round of league fixtures.

A bit of a cheap title win as my new career was set with a start date from the Argentine league. Meant I took over at Selangor (I started unemployed) with just 7 games of the season to go. Either way, they all count!

Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 18.51.33.png

• Administrators

Started a Twitter thread for mine: 

Career to date:
2018: Unemployed until end of December.
2018-2019: Southern District (Hong Kong) : Finished 5th - Took Kitchee job end of season 1
2019-2020: Kitchee (Hong Kong) : Finished 1st - resigned after being refused to move to Guangzhou
2020: Seongnam (Korea) : Finished 4th, promoted to K League Classic - left at end of contract.
2021-current: Beijing Renhe (China) - in China League One, one year contract

My managerial career so far, in Chinese League One, and about a third of the season left to go. 

Remit is to get Beijing promoted, but I'm only on a one year deal and will be leaving afterwards. Did buy a player from Seongnam and from Kitchee over to the Chinese mainland.

Have my eye on CSL jobs, as well as Australian A-League now. My next job will hopefully be in one of these leagues (or K League Classic) and take a team to ACL glory. 

Overall career stats at time of writing: 

72 Games (44-11-17). 

Small chance I might get sacked at Beijing, I'm 6th, 4 points off the promotion spots (1st and 2nd), so "Insecure" right now. 

The Malaysia Cup manages to coincide with a bunch of friendlies for Malaysia U23, which is a bit awkward.

Denies me 4 starters but we cruised through the group and did drew 1-1 at Pahang in the first leg of the QF. I've switched to 4-4-2 and started playing a less direct game for no real reason. Rufino is a monster at this level!

Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 19.57.22.png

EDIT - Got Johor in the semis, home first. Beat them and it's an easy double.

0-0 at home then won 1-0 at theirs. Easy game in the final.

Genius scheduling again. I have three senior players on international duty at the SEA championship on final day. Mental.

Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 20.51.56.png

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Started a Twitter thread for mine: 

Career to date:

2018: Unemployed until end of December.
2018-2019: Southern District (Hong Kong) : Finished 5th - Took Kitchee job end of season 1
2019-2020: Kitchee (Hong Kong) : Finished 1st - resigned after being refused to move to Guangzhou
2020: Seongnam (Korea) : Finished 4th, promoted to K League Classic - left at end of contract.
2021-current: Beijing Renhe (China) - in China League One, one year contract

My managerial career so far, in Chinese League One, and about a third of the season left to go. 

Remit is to get Beijing promoted, but I'm only on a one year deal and will be leaving afterwards. Did buy a player from Seongnam and from Kitchee over to the Chinese mainland.

Have my eye on CSL jobs, as well as Australian A-League now. My next job will hopefully be in one of these leagues (or K League Classic) and take a team to ACL glory. 

Overall career stats at time of writing: 

72 Games (44-11-17). 

Small chance I might get sacked at Beijing, I'm 6th, 4 points off the promotion spots (1st and 2nd), so "Insecure" right now. 

Ended up instant resulting my last three games as it looked like I wouldn't get promoted (and thus sacked), but then I got promoted as results went  my way :D 

No CSL jobs were wanting me, so I decided to take up Pohang Steelers for next year (2022) on less money and 10% manager compensation (so I can try again for a bigger club during the season, or A-League, if that comes up). 

Career Stats: 

84 Games (52-13-19) - 2 Promotions, 1 Cup win, 1 League win

First signings for Pohang will be a youth from Seongnam, and a striker from Kitchee (both former players) as backups for depth up front.

Pohang finished 9th while Seongnam finished 6th in the K League Classic. Should be an interesting season coming up. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

With characteristic impetuousness I resigned. And, inevitably, I can't just stroll into a role at a club in a league with a better reputation 😂

Applied for a dozen jobs from Italy to Uruguay with no nibbles yet. I'm going to end up somewhere crap. 

Go to Hong Kong. Only an 18 game season. I think it should be a relative step up there but you have a nice limit on FGN players. 

• Administrators

I've completely overhauled the squad at Pohang, even made North Koreans my captain and Vice Captain. Have really improved the pace in this side, and got an Australian striker coming in next season (if I get into ACL I will stay) to replace my ageing South Korean striker whose contract ends at the end of the season. 

Will be great if I can get the team doing well with North Koreans (there's more of them now than South Koreans in my squad). :D 

Next destination (eventually!) is India. Took over a proper shower of **** who had three points from 19 games. Managed to draw in my only game against the team placed 5th, and somehow we weren't relegated. It's going to be a grim season :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 18.39.36.png

The club has just gone professional. A problem I have is that loads of the players were on loan at Indian Arrows. They've all gone and I'm left with a lot of awful players, with nobody older than 20. Could be fun.

Ah, now I see why the squad is so young :D

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 20.21.17.png

Archived