Are these FM18 issues still in FM19?

Hello. I’ve been a fan for decades. I contributed towards the player database way back in 1998/99. So I am a big fan.

I would like to know if any / some / all of the following issues, from FM18 have been resolved in FM19?

- Average Ratings strongly unbalanced towards attacking players. I’ve had several dozen very successful seasons where defenders never received a rating of 9 or over.

- Generic Central Midfielders seem to struggle the most to get High average ratings.

- It is almost impossible to praise players who prefer ‘public’ praise. I’d suggest that 95% of players who want public praise have a dip in morale after said public praising.

- Board confidence, in regards to competition, during the close season dips, regardless of not playing any matches. It’s particularly brutal when your clubs name begins with a letter at the latter part of the alphabet! As soon as the new season starts you have over a month sat at the bottom of the table because you’re only playing friendlies, and it affects their view of your performance.

- more training options. I’d like the ability to train full backs, CBs, Defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders, forwards and strikers differently, and double that amount again splitting first team and reserves, so you can concentrate on player improvement of reserves and balance fitness / motivation more for first team squads.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Andy.

• SI Staff

You'll be pleased to know the training system has completely been revamped.

A lot of your other questions are partially subjective ones relating to balance. We have worked a bit to make more defensive midfielders better, but there is maybe still a little more to do on this.

On 05/11/2018 at 20:13, BristolBinnDogg said:

As soon as the new season starts you have over a month sat at the bottom of the table because you’re only playing friendlies, and it affects their view of your performance.

The board confidence drifts back a little towards the middle from the extremes as the new season approaches, but position in the table before the season actually starts shouldn't have any effect at all and we have never had a report. If you have an example this will be good to see.

Am 5.11.2018 um 21:13 schrieb BristolBinnDogg:

- It is almost impossible to praise players who prefer ‘public’ praise. I’d suggest that 95% of players who want public praise have a dip in morale after said public praising. 

I think i can confirm this is not an issue (anymore) , just yesterday i've publicly praised my young striker for his impressive goals and he was happy about that. The next few days after that (2 or 3 in a row) my assistant reached out to me saying he was very motivated in training, too. 

Guess that's pretty positive. 

16 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

The board confidence drifts back a little towards the middle from the extremes as the new season approaches, but position in the table before the season actually starts shouldn't have any effect at all and we have never had a report. If you have an example this will be good to see.

From my experience, this was an issue in FMM18. Board confidence would revert back to the middling levels but it felt very much like all your hard work and achievements were soon forgotten after hitting the Start New Season option. 

I also second the feedback on match ratings.

Archived