4-4-1-1 Counter : big teams beater

Hi everyone, I play with stoke city and build this tactic, 4411 counter, and structured. Main goals were to have two solid lines of four, rapid transitions  to attack, no need for huge possession.

After a loss against City in first game,  and two draws vs Arsenal and Spurs, the best game was against Man Utd, away with a 2-0 win, and also against Liverpool at home. The flank midfielders (Shaqiri and Xadas) work well but don't take the space as often I want. I tried an attack minded but there was a defensive struggle as the DL are exposed sometimes. The same thing with the DL with an attack duty, the team conceded many threats. 

If you have some suggests...

1.png

2.png

3.png

23 minutes ago, herne79 said:

You're playing as Stoke, first season and in your 10 games played so far you've won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1.

I really don't see what you need help with?

If someone has some ideas to make the tactic more efficient...

I will wait half season and share my thoughts. Thx

1 hour ago, Mout007 said:

If someone has some ideas to make the tactic more efficient...

I will wait half season and share my thoughts. Thx

You’re playing as a Stoke side that got relegated in the 17/18 season, and you’ve 7 wins out of 10... the words ‘managing expectations’ spring to mind :D The lack of efficiency you speak of is probably down to player quality if anything. 

10 hours ago, Mout007 said:

Hi everyone, I play with stoke city and build this tactic, 4411 counter, and structured. Main goals were to have two solid lines of four, rapid transitions  to attack, no need for huge possession.

After a loss against City in first game,  and two draws vs Arsenal and Spurs, the best game was against Man Utd, away with a 2-0 win, and also against Liverpool at home. The flank midfielders (Shaqiri and Xadas) work well but don't take the space as often I want. I tried an attack minded but there was a defensive struggle as the DL are exposed sometimes. The same thing with the DL with an attack duty, the team conceded many threats. 

If you have some suggests...

I'd like to help, but you first need to translate the tactic (roles, duties and TIs) from Spanish, because I don't understand :lol:

Archived