State of the game & serious issues in FM18

Sanel

Hi SI,

Let's just start to say that I'm not starting a rant, or willing to be extremely negative. I('ve) really like(d) this game, since 2005. However there are a couple of things that have to change because in my opinion FM 18 was one of the worst I've played. I've reckoned that this game is going downhill every year, 17 was decent, but not 'fun' because there were a lot of bugs. I've tried to play FM 18 for a long time but I just couldn't start to like it, until June or something. FM 18 was just loaded with a extreme amount of bugs: 'all players black issue' at the start, the high-end NVIDIA graphics card issues that never actually got fixed, regens that change skin colours that also never got fixed. 3D regens that look very ugly in comparision of previously FM's.

Why SI? Why change something that no one actually ever asked about? Just keep it simple. I understand that marketing-wise it's interesting to change a couple of things around to attract new players, I have nothing against that. I even encourage this community to grow. How bigger the community, how bigger the game. However changing things isn't always a good thing because experienced players are used to ingame details, such as regens. I've played FM 18 because 'its FM' however this feeling or idea disappeared, I'll probably buy FM 19 but if it's still the same story, the bug issues, the same problems I will refund it and quit. I will probably come back 5 years later to see if you guys actually learned from your mistakes and listen to feedback from experienced players.

Tactics screen
This one gets worse every year. Why? Everyone asked about bringing back the FM 12 tactic screen. Compare the FM 12 tactic screen to the one of FM 16/17/18. Keep the roles; those are fine, really, add even more roles if you want but don't add ugly icons where you need to look at. Also the tactic screen in FM 18 is made for a specific resolution, I guess 1920x1080. People who are playing on a smaller resolution (1366x768 for example) have a issue at seeing all the rows. If had that with my previous laptop, it's a nightmare. More on this problem later.

Regens
Like I said. Regen faces are the worst currently, change them or switch back to 2D. This one get's worse every year. It was really fine in 2D.

YLL6rDh.jpg

Resolution issue
There has a been a change in FM 18 on the way resolution works, you can't change it to a specific one. Also the text on my 1920x1080 resolution looks really small. Upscaling the text using the 'size of text & images' function makes it all look fuzzy. I needed to change the skin to fix that. I can imagine there are more people who are using this function. I assume a permanent fix would be better. 

Scouting system & meetings with players (less important)
The scouting meetings are just pointless and are too much micro management. Less clicking and make it easier to search for players. Also players moan too much about FM 18 about little things. I'm used to it because of previous versions, but again, please, a permanent fix for this. I can't imagine players moan this much in real life. 

Newgen faces have not been good for a couple of versions. The switch from 2D to 3D has had teething problems, sure, but with more variety in faces and hairstyles, the change will surely be of great benefit in the long run. I'm also hopeful that the newgen ethnicity changes will be fixed for FM19.

• 3 months later...

Archived