Homegrown Players

I am currently doing a save with Newcastle where I can only sign homegrown players and must have a full homegrown squad by the start of season 3.

Homegrown players tend to come at a premium so can anyone recommend any bargain gems?

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have any specific players, but I’d scout the leagues below you and relegation leaders. If you’re only scouting England you should be able to well cover most of championship and l1

On 05/08/2018 at 15:45, avillafan.com said:

I am currently doing a save with Newcastle where I can only sign homegrown players and must have a full homegrown squad by the start of season 3.

Homegrown players tend to come at a premium so can anyone recommend any bargain gems?

See my post in the Leeds FM18 thread (last one).  I'm doing the same, you'll have way more cash than I did, but things to look at.

Jadon Sancho - Get him on loan with a future fee

Jack Stephens - Very solid defender from Southampton, may end up on the transfer list, I paid £5m

Ryan Sessegnon - Cost me £14m but that's a bargain

Rhian Brewster - Got him on loan first season, because he's on a youth contract put in a low future fee and see what Liverpool say

Jack Harrison - Starts on loan at NYCFC but will likely be available Season 2 for not much

Lewis Baker - I missed out on him but starts on loan at Middlesbrough, season 2 may be available for circa £5m

Goalkeepers you can take your pick, but you'll already have a great one in Woodman, develop him.

Edited by macca72

I did this with Blackburn 

jonathan leko became a beast for me and finished top scorer and assister in the PL! Got him on loan with a 20m option to buy 

other good players not mentioned are -

james Maddison - can get for around 12m

adam Webster - good defender

Tuanzebe on loan with option to buy 

Kieran Trippier usually gets sold by spurs 

Palmer if you could get him off Chelsea 

Mings is a good squad player quick and can play CB or LB 

james Wilson can be picked up cheap as well from united 

Adam Arsmstrong actually did really well for me too - still on loan from Newcastle 

• 1 year later...