Discussion - Club Strategy

Cint

I know it is somehow reflected already in the game since club owners have different expectations such as develop young players, etc. But recent transfer of CR7 to Juve and the story behind it made me think that the different club strategies should be more reflected in the game. For those who don't know, the press speculates that the main reason for which Juve bought CR7 is due to their aspiration to become a global brand and eventually to increase the revenue and profit of the club and increase the share price on the Italian Stock Exchange. As CR7 is one of the most popular and recognized players worldwide Juve believe that him joining will increase global awarness of Juve plus global sell of t-shirts, towels, pencils, etc with Juve logo. 

Maybe there is a way that such non-football strategy of clubs can be implemented. 

I was thinking of something similar but along a different line - I think it would be great to have a bit more interaction with the board or feel like the philosophies really matter. At the moment, doing a youth only save, I've got them to agree to the philosophy of developing young players, but they'll then frequently accept really low offers for them. I get that it's to do with my bank balance and them seeing 'a good deal', but I'd really like to have a way of arguing the benefits of keeping them to sell on for a higher value later, or simply say 'how can I stick to this philosophy if you sell them?!'. Think perhaps a comparison between the Dave Whelan approach of buy low, sell for slightly more and repeat vs the Southampton style of holding onto them for longer until they really max out their value?

• 5 months later...

Archived