Saving the development of my wonderkid...

OK.

I have a bit of a problem.

One of my young players as had a major negative shift in personality (in fact i had a drop for two player, but on one of them, it is particularly obvious)...

In the case of the player i'm talking about and is personality dropped to balanced right after his transfer

I looked is hidden attributes pre and post transfer using an old save : his ambition was 16 and his professionalism 13, after transfer it was 12 /9  and now,at the end of my season, it has dropped again to 9/6...which is obviously very bad for is development...since he is a wonderkid (17 y-old), belgian international and my first team forward (so tutoring him don't really seem possible), what can i try to salvage his development?

Is there a way to increase a player professionalism without tutoring (for exemple using private talks)?

Or maybe i should cut my loss and try to sell him now for as much as i can?

What would you do?

NB : had i known about the drop in attribute, i probably wouldn't have recruited him in the first place (and i would probably regretted it since he wouldn't have scored around 40 goal for me in a season including a brace with a 90+7min goal in a 4-5 win at munich after losing 3-0 at the 70th minute and 4-3 after 90+4 mins)

Last,desperate way would be Team Cohesion training.It'll help him to absorb some of professionalism and other good stats.

However you shall not worry about the number,Those Stat could change throughout a footballer life triggered by certain situations.The drop could be temporary too caused by his massive rise of his career,as long as he keeps banging those goals I don't see why you should sell him.

13 minutes ago, M4nager1a said:

Last,desperate way would be Team Cohesion training.It'll help him to absorb some of professionalism and other good stats.

I don't know where you've picked this up from?  Team Cohesion training affects something called "Blend".  Blend is a Match Engine modifier to help your team play more effectively on the pitch.  It has nothing to do with improving attributes.

@Cyp  If you are still able to have the player Tutored, Tutoring is the way to go.  Have him tutored by someone with (ideally) lots of Professionalism, Ambition and Determination.  The possibility of getting him tutored will be impacted by the number of first team appearances that he's made (as you've already identified) so get in quick if he's near the limit and stop playing him so much in the first team (if you can).

Other than that, player personalities can be affected by the overall composition of your squad.  If you have lots of players with good personalities this can have a knock on positive effect to other players with weaker personalities, such as this young player.  It can of course work in reverse however - lots of players with weak personalities can drag the good personality players down to their level.

Thanks, didn't know team cohesion training could have this kind of effect! I always use it during the start of preseason to have the team clicking early on, but since i will be rolling back basically the same team, i was thinking of reducing it next season...could make me change my point of view

I feel in this game, morale is kinda king anyway (that and good players rotation)...and the best way to build it is to win!!!

I will put an asking fee of 200million in case a club was interested in his insane potential (ignoring is character issues...)

1 minute ago, Cyp said:

didn't know team cohesion training could have this kind of effect!

If you are referring to the post about Team Cohesion affecting professionalism, it doesn't.  Your own thoughts about using it during pre-season to get the team clicking is spot on.  See my post above :thup:.

And just a quick edit to my post - the cut off point for first team matches before you can't tutor a player is 75.

il y a 1 minute, herne79 a dit :

I don't know where you've picked this up from?  Team Cohesion training affects something called "Blend".  Blend is a Match Engine modifier to help your team play more effectively on the pitch.  It has nothing to do with improving attributes.

@Cyp  If you are still able to have the player Tutored, Tutoring is the way to go.  Have him tutored by someone with (ideally) lots of Professionalism, Ambition and Determination.  The possibility of getting him tutored will be impacted by the number of first team appearances that he's made (as you've already identified) so get in quick if he's near the limit and stop playing him so much in the first team (if you can).

Other than that, player personalities can be affected by the overall composition of your squad.  If you have lots of players with good personalities this can have a knock on positive effect to other players with weaker personalities, such as this young player.  It can of course work in reverse however - lots of players with weak personalities can drag the good personality players down to their level.

I think it will be hard to tutor him, since he is currently my top striker...and i have a quite young team. Since his good form last year he is also a rather high rep player.

My team overall personality is professional. It is a young team built on trying to take young prospects / wonderkid, average age (22 y.o) with good personality...the other player who dropped in personality also dropped from professional (Amb 19/ Pro 15 to 14/10, but he was older and more developped)

10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Team Cohesion training affects something called "Blend".  Blend is a Match Engine modifier to help your team play more effectively on the pitch.  It has nothing to do with improving attributes.

Herne, could you say more about this? Whilst I use it  a lot - often for 5-6 months, I don't really know what I'm doing. Presumably the effects are meant to be long-lasting, and presumably it degrades when new players are brought in. But what about when you play your U23s and U18s who have been training in the same tactics? Does it speed up tactical familiarity? What about Match Cohesion in Dynamics - is it the same thing or not quite?

A question about team personality effect though, does it take into account the U19? my first team is full of good personnality, but my U19 (which is mainly trash) isn't particularly. Should i fire my reserves /U19 with bad personality to avoid them impacting my first team?

The 75 games cutoff is probably too close since it is less than 20 game and i don't have the money to sign the world class striker with great personality which would be required for tutoring him (and my other option which would be to switch my captain and VC to allow my 18y-o VC with 18Pro/18Amb/19Det to tutor my lazy striker wouldn't work since the VC as lower rep and is not liking my striker due to their different level of professionalism)...

3 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Herne, could you say more about this? Whilst I use it  a lot - often for 5-6 months, I don't really know what I'm doing. Presumably the effects are meant to be long-lasting, and presumably it degrades when new players are brought in. But what about when you play your U23s and U18s who have been training in the same tactics? Does it speed up tactical familiarity? What about Match Cohesion in Dynamics - is it the same thing or not quite?

The effects are long lasting and will usually drop when you bring new players in via transfer or promote youngsters to the first team.  You can check the state of it by looking at your Assistant Manager's team talk feedback report.  He'll say such things as "the team are blending well together" or "they'll die for each other" or "the squad are gelling nicely" etc etc.  I'm pretty sure "they'll die for each other" is the best it can get to.  However knowing you and your low tier semi-professional teams it could take quite a long time to get there, especially if you bring in lots of new faces each year.

No idea about Match Cohesion, I didn't even know that was a thing.  Shows how much time I spend looking at Dynamics :p.

7 minutes ago, Cyp said:

A question about team personality effect though, does it take into account the U19? my first team is full of good personnality, but my U19 (which is mainly trash) isn't particularly. Should i fire my reserves /U19 with bad personality to avoid them impacting my first team?

Good question.  I'm pretty sure it's done on a squad by squad basis otherwise whenever you get a bunch of newgen youngsters on intake day (who rarely have good personalities) they'd potentially upset your first team, which would be silly.

I feel like this question is relevant to this thread so I'll put it here - with the 75 first-team matches thing, does B team appearances affect it? Because sometimes I have a guy who's been playing a bunch for the B team who is untutorable. It says "has established himself in the first team so cannot be tutored" yet he's not made a single appearance.

il y a 4 minutes, zlatanera a dit :

I feel like this question is relevant to this thread so I'll put it here - with the 75 first-team matches thing, does B team appearances affect it? Because sometimes I have a guy who's been playing a bunch for the B team who is untutorable. It says "has established himself in the first team so cannot be tutored" yet he's not made a single appearance.

It seems weird unless he played 75 games with another team / is too old (i believe you can't tutor if : - the player is older than 21/ has a role better than Rotation/ has better rep than the player who want to tutor) ...

There might be differences between the leagues as the B team system is different depending on the country (might count in Spain -where B team are separate clubs, or France -where they play in regular division games- but not in England, for exemple)

1 hour ago, Cyp said:

It seems weird unless he played 75 games with another team / is too old (i believe you can't tutor if : - the player is older than 21/ has a role better than Rotation/ has better rep than the player who want to tutor) ...

There might be differences between the leagues as the B team system is different depending on the country (might count in Spain -where B team are separate clubs, or France -where they play in regular division games- but not in England, for exemple)

The cut-off age is when they turn 24. Reputation is something that affects it yeah, but in the case I was talking about it was just that he was already allegedly a first-teamer despite never breaking through. If it's reputation, it will say "x players do not have high enough reputation to tutor this player". 

12 hours ago, herne79 said:

Thank you for correcting my statement herne,But after applying much Team Cohesion training my team have superb togetherness on and off the pitch and kept their performance above 7.

This stat keep going in important matches and I rly love their profesionalism on the pitch.Does this come from elsewhere or the Cohesion training is helping them? 

3 hours ago, M4nager1a said:

Thank you for correcting my statement herne,But after applying much Team Cohesion training my team have superb togetherness on and off the pitch and kept their performance above 7.

This stat keep going in important matches and I rly love their profesionalism on the pitch.Does this come from elsewhere or the Cohesion training is helping them? 

As said above, Team Cohesion is one of the contributing factors in "Blend", which helps your team to play more effectively.  You can check how Team Cohesion is helping by looking at your Assistant Manager's team talk feedback report:

15 hours ago, herne79 said:

He'll say such things as "the team are blending well together" or "they'll die for each other" or "the squad are gelling nicely" etc etc.  I'm pretty sure "they'll die for each other" is the best it can get to. 

Whenever you bring in new players (transfers, promoting young players), team cohesion can go down.  Once you reach the maximum there's not really any point in keeping General Training set to Team Cohesion unless you see a reduction in the AM's report. 

Of course if you want to keep it set to Team Cohesion even when max'd out then by all means do so.  If you're happy with how things are going for you both in terms of on pitch performance and player development, then carry on.  Just be aware the down side may be slower attribute development, as all the other General Training settings focus on that rather than "Blend".

Archived