Playoff team seeding draw

bsanchezb

Hello!

I need to set a playoff seeding similarly to NBA/NHL playoff, when the first team of the regular season always plays with the current lowest team.

I can do it for one division, but if I have a regular championship with 2 groups, for example, the draw looks random.

So, I have to set the first round like 1A v 8B, 2A v 7B, ... , 8A v 1B. But in the quarter final I don't have to get always fixed pairs like (winner of 1A v 8B) against (winner of 4A v 5B). The idea, that the current highest team in the playoff stage plays against the lowest one. For example, if after 1/8 we have teams promoted to 1/4 like: 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A, 1B, 2B, 3B, 6B; the draw on the stage must look like 1A v 6B, 1B v 5A, 2A v 4A, 2B v 3B. I had this in the previous version of editor for fm2017, but now something has changed, and I can't implement this.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

only change to fm18 are seedings. now seedings are correct - not reversed like in previous years. check this

Yes, I've tried reserved and not. Kind of it works... usually the first team plays against the lowest one, but not always. Sometimes 1A can play against 7A, 5A against 5B and so on... (for 8 promoted teams from 2 groups). Results are close to what I need, but with some added noise. It looks really strange.

On 2/23/2018 at 20:19, krlenjushka said:

upload your file and i will take a look...

Yeah, could you check it please? And a few more moments...

- Drawing of teams. Please check "Continental Football League" competition and playoff stages 2-5. The drawing must based on the results of stage 1.

I'm also trying to Autumn/Spring format of national competitions (like you explained it some time before). So, teams which play in the my continental competitions do not play autumn season, and then they join to the spring stage.

- The problem is I get a qualification to continental cups even before the finishing of autumn part (I have these indicators next to teams in the tournament table, see picture). And then these qualifications are mixed.

- And also the first season is not updated for the next new one. So, I can get new teams to the my continental competition according to the season results.

atlantic fresh 0.23e.xml

image.png

image.png

Yeah dates are crucial here. Continental competition must start before domestic because you need to "ignore" teams from continental cup.

I will take a look later.

Btw those indicators have nothing to do with your system - its info for CL and EL by default.

54 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah dates are crucial here. Continental competition must start before domestic because you need to "ignore" teams from continental cup.

I will take a look later.

Btw those indicators have nothing to do with your system - its info for CL and EL by default.

I've checked - teams qualify to continental cups from the 0th hidden stage. But the option "Top teams are champions" is unticked. And my own continental competitions do not update teams for the second season at all.

On 2/26/2018 at 17:29, bsanchezb said:

I've checked - teams qualify to continental cups from the 0th hidden stage. But the option "Top teams are champions" is unticked. And my own continental competitions do not update teams for the second season at all.

As i said earlier - dates are crucial here.

In order to avoid teams from continental league in autumn season - your autumn league must start after continental. But season must be before continental league starts. thats why i use "setup date" in domestic league and in continental.

For example :

season update day in domestic leagues is 1st july

start date for domestic top division is 10th july

start date for continental is 8th july

18 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

In order to avoid teams from continental league in autumn season - your autumn league must start after continental. But season must be before continental league starts. thats why i use "setup date" in domestic league and in continental.

No, it is not a problem. In the autumn season teams from my own continental competitions do not play. But in addition I have normal europe continental tournaments - Champions League and Europe League (I didn't change it). But teams from the domestic championship qualify in these tournaments not correctly. They qualify from the 0th hidden stage, but they must qualify from the 3rd stage of the domestic competition.

Ok, I've solved the problem with qualification to my own competitions. The issue was in the not correct relegation/promotion stage between the top one and lower domestic league.

But qualification to Champions League still happens from the 0th stage of my domestic competition. But I need to do it from the 3rd stage, where I define a champion.

38 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You cant change continental qualification-its hardcoded. you must recreate continental competitions and qualify teams in different way.

but as I know it is possible to create, for example championship playoff for teams - and get continental qualification from there.

I did it last year, and it worked...

Edited by bsanchezb

I did it finally... I had to write ranking levels for the 0th hidden stage (just put for each position highest and lowest levels from 0 to 15, cos I have 16 teams in a league).

Also I've added some mystic qualification for all teams from the 0th stage to the 3rd one. I'm not sure what had an impact on it, but now it works

@krlenjushka, could you, please, also check the following. Again about seeded drawing. I have a group stage (2 groups only) with 4 teams in each group. I qualify teams to the stage in the "teams" section with seeding from 0 to 2. Two teams get 0 seeding, four - seeding level 1, and two - 2. In the groups rules I have the rule "Seeded Group Draw". But even with this, sometimes I have, that teams with the seeding 2 plays together (asian teams). Where can be an issue?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by bsanchezb

7 hours ago, bsanchezb said:

I did it finally... I had to write ranking levels for the 0th hidden stage (just put for each position highest and lowest levels from 0 to 15, cos I have 16 teams in a league).

Also I've added some mystic qualification for all teams from the 0th stage to the 3rd one. I'm not sure what had an impact on it, but now it works

i dont have ranking levels in stage 0. only in stage 1 - autumn stage and in final stage.

7 hours ago, bsanchezb said:

@krlenjushka, could you, please, also check the following. Again about seeded drawing. I have a group stage (2 groups only) with 4 teams in each group. I qualify teams to the stage in the "teams" section with seeding from 0 to 2. Two teams get 0 seeding, four - seeding level 1, and two - 2. In the groups rules I have the rule "Seeded Group Draw". But even with this, sometimes I have, that teams with the seeding 2 plays together (asian teams). Where can be an issue?

I think you should use "valid group rules" - use seedings value for position in groups

• 1 month later...

@krlenjushka, thanks for your help. I have one more question regarding to the seeding.

Do you know, is it possible to create a group stage that in each group there are teams only with the same seeding.

So I want to get two groups, teams with seeding 0 play in the group A, and teams with seeding 1 play in the group B.

And also one more question.

I have a group stage with 4 groups of 4 teams and the best 2 of each qualify to a playoff stage.

So, the problem is the winner of group can play against the second place of the same group. I want to keep teams from the previous stage which played together apart. How can I do it? I just don't have this option on the stage draw rules (it is for a group stage, but not for the cup type stage), or I don't see it?

Alsoit's needed to keep apart teams from the same nation (this option I have on the editor and it works fine).

for your first problem you can use team order in combination with fixed draw. game qualify teams in this order: A1 , A2 ,B1 , B2, C1, C2, D1,D2.

if you want to have A1 vs B2, B1 vs A2, C1 vs D2 and D1 vs C2 you need to set team order like this:

0,3,2,1,4,7,6,5 with fixed draw. if you combine this with "keep teams from same nation apart" - you maybe can have some issues. not sure about that.

• 2 years later...

I've got a similar problem and tried lots of different ways but the seeding for the KO phase is always complete weird.

• 2 Groups à 16 teams (international club)
  • 4 per group qualify
  • of course 1 vs 4 and 3 vs 2 and no inner-group draw is wanted.

I've got 2 stages:

• stage 0 (group)
  • stage 1 (cup) with 3 rounds
    • teams: get league stage teams, max num teams: 8, top pos: 0, bottom pos: 3 (because get qualified teams got me random teams)
    • team order was 0,3,2,1
    • round 0:  general --> draw rules fixed draw

--> Result:

• 1 vs 1
  • 4 vs 4
  • 3 vs 2
  • 2 vs 3

I'm stuck cause I tried nearly everything to get around that (and a real test to watch the draws in FM takes 30 mins)

FM21 of course :)

Edited by masterpiece

1 hour ago, masterpiece said:

I've got a similar problem and tried lots of different ways but the seeding for the KO phase is always complete weird.

• 2 Groups à 16 teams (international club)
  • 4 per group qualify
  • of course 1 vs 4 and 3 vs 2 and no inner-group draw is wanted.

I've got 2 stages:

• stage 0 (group)
  • stage 1 (cup) with 3 rounds
    • teams: get league stage teams, max num teams: 8, top pos: 0, bottom pos: 3 (because get qualified teams got me random teams)
    • team order was 0,3,2,1
    • round 0:  general --> draw rules fixed draw

--> Result:

• 1 vs 1
  • 4 vs 4
  • 3 vs 2
  • 2 vs 3

I'm stuck cause I tried nearly everything to get around that (and a real test to watch the draws in FM takes 30 mins)

FM21 of course :)

You cant use 0321 team order because you have 8 teams. Your order will be 0 7 1 6 5 2 4 3

23 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You cant use 0321 team order because you have 8 teams. Your order will be 0 7 1 6 5 2 4 3

but how does that honour the placements in two different groups? I've got 2 times #0 and #1 and so on.

The goal is to draw A1 vs B4, A3 vs B2, B3 vs A2 and B1 vs A4

btw: My new approach (see last posting) led to the target 1vs4 and 2vs3 but some of the drawings have been group internal

Edited by masterpiece