Get my Poacher working

Basically I want a tactic that gets my poacher scoring goals! 

So far I’ve got 

gk- d 

wbr - d 

bpd - d

cb - d 

wbl - A 

dm- d 

bbm - s 

if- s 

am - s - get further forward, more risky passes, shoot less 

W - s - cross from byline 

p - a 

Can anyone recommend any changes or see any problems, I’m on my first game with this tactic so can’t say how it’s working out yet 

7 hours ago, Asmart01 said:

Basically I want a tactic that gets my poacher scoring goals! 

So far I’ve got 

gk- d 

wbr - d 

bpd - d

cb - d 

wbl - A 

dm- d 

bbm - s 

if- s 

am - s - get further forward, more risky passes, shoot less 

W - s - cross from byline 

p - a 

Can anyone recommend any changes or see any problems, I’m on my first game with this tactic so can’t say how it’s working out yet 

AI must play high pressing for your Poacher working

17 hours ago, kpsia518 said:

AI must play high pressing for your Poacher working

How pressing got something to do with that?

@Asmart01 I'd consider removing the AMC instruction to get further forward. He might be all up in the poacher's space. A Poacher is a great role to create space for a deeper AMC since he stretches the opposition defensive line. Other than that, I like the varied sipport your poacher got, through balls from the IF and AMC and crosses from the winger. Think you got a solid base, so keep testing it and keep us updated.

Maybe an attack duty on the flank could work. If you put pressure on the opposition in a different area it might draw attention away from the Poacher. 

Most importantly, what are the attributes of your Poacher? What is he good at? How do you think he’ll score goals?

This is so important. Depending on attributes a player can interpret the Poacher role in many different ways. How you set your team up ultimately depends on how you want him to score goals. 

5 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

How pressing got something to do with that?

@Asmart01 I'd consider removing the AMC instruction to get further forward. He might be all up in the poacher's space. A Poacher is a great role to create space for a deeper AMC since he stretches the opposition defensive line. Other than that, I like the varied sipport your poacher got, through balls from the IF and AMC and crosses from the winger. Think you got a solid base, so keep testing it and keep us updated.

POACHER: This is the most straightforward and easiest role for a striker in the game and as the role description says “he sits on the shoulder of the  last defender latching onto through balls and staying in the box to put the ball into the net by any means possible”, these players need great pace and movement to perform their duty effectively; due to the fact that their main objective is to put the ball at the back of the net when your team is defending they won’t drop back to help, they would maintain their position centrally at the back of the last defender which could be helpful for counter attacks.

Movement wise they tend to maintain their central position and rarely drift wide to get the ball.

They play short simple passes and rarely play direct or through balls and if they don’t have a passing option around them they would shoot, if they find themselves in the position to do so.

• PROS: If used correctly they would get you lots of goals

Excellent for counter attacks

Easy to find in the game

You don’t need super intelligent players to play the role

• CONS: They are easy to mark out of the game especially if you come up against oppositions that play a back 3

They need constant supply and support from other players to perform well

They can be easily Isolated

They are generally selfish players

If your tactic relies on them alone to get the goals and they have a bad game, your team would struggle to score

When playing a poacher as a loan striker to get the most out of him you may want to sit back a little bit to let the opposition attack you in other to give the poacher space at the back of the center backs to run into, you may want to use the the instruction “through ball” to encourage you players to play balls into space for him, if playing with wingers you may want to use early crosses and because he gets isolated and marked out easily you may want to play with an AM to link up with him and give the opposition center backs something to think about.

i saw this,just for reference.

https://fmmobile.net/2018/01/15/single-striker-role-guide/

poacher need space.Poacher will be Isolated if AI play low block defend & bus parking.

I'd maybe try the winger on attack, low crosses from the byline could suit a poacher. Also, I'd keep the no 10 more as a support than a runner to feed the poacher and to avoid them occupying the same space.

Think it's a bit simplistic to say a poacher would only work against a high line/high pressing.

Archived