Protest a Board Decision option gone?

I had two wonderkids come thru my League 2 Academy.  I know they were wonderkids because their stats were already better than some of my starters, and about three months after they came in, Championship and Premier League teams started offering sums north of 300K for them.  

So I went to the transfer window, and set a minimum fee of 1.5 million for each of them, yet I still had to manually reject offers that came in.

Then one day, I was told the board had accepted an offer for one of them  because the offer was to good to turn down.  The fee?  75K, possibly going to 350K. 

A week later, the other player went because the offer for him was too good to turn down.  That fee?  125K, possibly going to 300K.  

Both of these offers were LESS than deals I had already rejected, and when I looked for an option to protest to the board, as I was able to do in FM17, it wasn't there.

What gives?

Jellico73

The option is still there for me...

As an aside, I commented on the Feedback thread that this feature is bugged and unworkable. I like the fact it is there - it is realistic after all - but accepting the kind of derisory bids you describe is simply not realistic (unless you are in financial trouble, which I assume you are not?).

I have turned down, say £1m bids, straight cash, plus 50% sell on, which I reject, but the chairman than accepts £500,000 up front, potentially rising to £1.2m, plus 20% sell on.  Which is the more lucrative?  Clearly the one I rejected.  So the chairman is a moron.  Or bugged.

15 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

I had two wonderkids come thru my League 2 Academy.  I know they were wonderkids because their stats were already better than some of my starters, and about three months after they came in, Championship and Premier League teams started offering sums north of 300K for them.  

So I went to the transfer window, and set a minimum fee of 1.5 million for each of them, yet I still had to manually reject offers that came in.

Then one day, I was told the board had accepted an offer for one of them  because the offer was to good to turn down.  The fee?  75K, possibly going to 350K. 

A week later, the other player went because the offer for him was too good to turn down.  That fee?  125K, possibly going to 300K.  

Both of these offers were LESS than deals I had already rejected, and when I looked for an option to protest to the board, as I was able to do in FM17, it wasn't there.

What gives?

Jellico73

Happens to me regularly. The option to object to the board is there but is a tiny box in the bottom right corner and easy to miss.

Archived