Affiliate clubs

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic, but couldn't find anywhere else to put it

About 3.5 seasons deep in my first FM18 save with Everton which means the dreaded brexit has hit. One of my favorite things about FM is developing youth, whether it be from my own academy or by buying the next big thing and pumping him full of tutoring and games!

With brexit, it is alot harder to do this outside of my academy considering young players generally won't qualify for work permits so I need to loan them out until they do. This unfortunately means you lose alot of control over their development.

I thought a good way to get around this would be by getting a bunch of affiliate clubs from different nations, selecting the affiliate option that allows players from that club to potentially come through my academy. 

My question is, how to maximise these affiliates to get different nationalities through my academy.

I am allowed to pick my own affiliates now, so I will generally pick a team with a high world reputation (the max I can chose from at the moment is 3 stars). From there I try and find a club from a bigger nation that has many players playing abroad already (eg holland, germany, france) and next on the list is the club with the best youth recruitment, hopefully established or extensive.

Does anyone have any other pointers/anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Not sure if the youth facilities matter as the idea is they come through my youth facilities.  Maybe the quality of the junior coaching though as I think that more dictates the quality of regens. Hadn't even thought about that until now. Cheers

1 hour ago, timbo1983 said:

Not sure if the youth facilities matter as the idea is they come through my youth facilities.  Maybe the quality of the junior coaching though as I think that more dictates the quality of regens. Hadn't even thought about that until now. Cheers

They'll matter. The players are originally from there. You might as well make sure that they are coming from decent setups

• 1 year later...

I'm managing an Italian club participating in the Champions League, and I picked Numancia, a club in the second division in Spain, as my proposed affiliate. I made this selection due to @jameseccross' advice and the fact that they have "excellent junior coaching" and "extensive youth recruitment," so I thought it was a relatively sound choice. Then I got this rather dramatic note from the board in rejection... Where did I go wrong? It's frustrating that this is so vague.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had the same problem with Valencia in Spain...I got club from germany SV Saundhausen and it last like for a year or less and they changed the chairman and since then mine is not letting me get any other club...

And I don't have many... I have Valencia B, Alcoron If I remember correctly, team from Japan etc but it's probably max like 5 clubs only... ;/

I was hoping for some club from 2nd league or 1st from any other country with good facilities but they refuse even more I have like 50+ players some on loan and I try when they get back at the start of the season and still nothing

Yeah this doesn't make any sense. The clubs my board proposed the one time I finally got them to agree weren't that good, but when I recommend much better options myself they reject them. And of course I have to wait months in between attempts. I only let them recommend them so I knew they'd accept SOMETHING.

Can anyone from SI give us some insight here?

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/02/2019 at 19:09, Weston said:

Yeah this doesn't make any sense. The clubs my board proposed the one time I finally got them to agree weren't that good, but when I recommend much better options myself they reject them. And of course I have to wait months in between attempts. I only let them recommend them so I knew they'd accept SOMETHING.

Can anyone from SI give us some insight here?

Same problem here. My team is fenerbahce and I've only one affiliate club from local. Everytime i make board request for affiliate from any other country, the club accept but they said "they failed to make a deal with any club" or "they have been unable to find a suitable club"  after one month. Even i choose sometimes and they said again "they failed to make a deal with your choice's club". something like that. My reputation is four star and financial situation is rich. How can i solved that? What is wrong with my game? All the best.

Ekran Görüntüsü (17).png

Ekran Görüntüsü (18).png

Archived