Lost the dressing room?

Hi guys,

Im halfway though the season with Tranmere Rovers and am sitting 2nd two points off top and my captain Steve McNulty says iv lost the dressing room. I don’t know how I haven’t done anything he just decided that I have. 

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has had this and more importantly how do I fix it?? 

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

Did you start with the recommended licence and reputation? If you had that too low then the players might not like it.

That might be it but it’s taken half a season for him to kick off. I always start with no licences and Sunday league history. I just feel anything else is just cheating. May have to change my view on that. 

23 minutes ago, SpikeHughes said:

That might be it but it’s taken half a season for him to kick off. I always start with no licences and Sunday league history. I just feel anything else is just cheating. May have to change my view on that. 

Yeah, it should show in the dynamics screen under "managerial support". If you overachieve they will often let it go until your reputation catches up.

It would be realistic though. If an average Joe suddenly took over as manager without any proven methods or a resume to show then you wouldn't blame the players if they thought the board had lost their marbles with this appointment and not support the manager until he has shown his value. If you are doing much better than expected they shouldn't lose faith in you though, unless you have pissed of some of the most influential players though. If you haven't broken any promises or anything, you should report it in the bugs section so SI can check it out to see if the sacking is justified or not.

Had the same thing happening out of the blue here.
Playing in Iceland and in my 3rd season.
Been spending the majority of the current season in top 2 and in the semi-final of the Icelandic cup for the 2nd consecutive time.
I'm in the 2nd tier and a couple of days after knocking out a top division team out of the quarter finals the dressing room atmosphere just plummeted.
It was very, very green and all of a sudden it was almost equally red.
The team demanded a team meeting to address the situation.
Now, i do have an unhappy player which is a team leader who's been unhappy since the team got relegated....that's when i took over. Almost 3 years ago.
Didn't manage to offload him as no club wanted him. He's still a regular first team player and is still performing well.
Apparently it was that guy who wanted to address the situation and the rest of the team followed.

But why, when and how? He's never complained about anything, apart from him being permanently unhappy.
Haven't made any promises that i have broken. The only promises active are to a couple of players saying we should get promoted this season.
And we are on course at the moment.

He's playing well. The results are there (overperforming even). He hasn't complained about anything to me nor the media.

Why the massive drop in dressing room atmosphere?
No indication and no explanation.

1 hour ago, roykela said:

Been spending the majority of the current season in top 2 and in the semi-final of the Icelandic cup for the 2nd consecutive time.
I'm in the 2nd tier and a couple of days after knocking out a top division team out of the quarter finals the dressing room atmosphere just plummeted.
Now, i do have an unhappy player which is a team leader who's been unhappy since the team got relegated....that's when i took over. Almost 3 years ago.
Didn't manage to offload him as no club wanted him. He's still a regular first team player and is still performing well.
Apparently it was that guy who wanted to address the situation and the rest of the team followed.

But why, when and how? He's never complained about anything, apart from him being permanently unhappy.
Haven't made any promises that i have broken. The only promises active are to a couple of players saying we should get promoted this season.

He's playing well. The results are there (overperforming even). He hasn't complained about anything to me nor the media.

That’s what I have active promises to get promoted and on course to do that. At the end of the season McNulty’s contract expires and I was thinking about extending it but oh well he can just <snip>

2 hours ago, roykela said:

You should report this, as it definitely sounds like a bug.

Archived