• Carlisle
    • Chesterfield
    • Exeter
    • Grimsby
    • Mansfield
    • Notts County
    • Port Vale
    • Yeovil

I know what you're thinking, 'Yet another idiot who can't decide which team to be' etc. well I'm in a slight problem where I would like to enjoy a save with one of the bottom League 2 sides, but I have a problem trying to choose a team. Nobody really jumps out at me, so I'm looking for somebody to help choose, I've also attached a poll to help choose that way also. The clubs that I have shortlisted are in the poll. 

Some random points of interest about the teams:

Accrington - Longest time spent in the division

Barnet - London team

Carlisle - Up near the Scottish border, one of the most successful teams in the EFL Trophy

Chesterfield - Previous League 1 side. Hold the record for League 2/Fourth Division wins (4)

Exeter - From Devon, a chance to make the corner of England your own.

Grimsby - Managed by Bill Shankly

Mansfield - Main team in Mansfield (~100,000 people)? Will have to vie with Nottingham Forest for bragging rights.

Notts County - Oldest professional club in the world

Port Vale - Previous League 1 side. One of the few clubs not named after a geographical location. Hold the record for longest time spent in the football league without reaching the top tier. Have had a strong rivalry with Stoke which could be fun to rekindle.

Yeovil - Have fallen from the Championship only recently and have potential to return.

Archived