[FM18][SKIN] Football Manager 2018 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

19 hours ago, ItsComingHome said:

The background does show. It's that the boxes don't seem to change transparency no matter how low I change it in photoshop. 

If the transparency isn't saving make sure you are saving the files correctly check to see if they look transparent in windows, if not then make sure the layer in photoshop isn't set as the background layer and use the save for web option and make sure the transparency option is ticked.

Also those files don't affect every box in the game, only the background overlay which is solid in the Dark Skin unlike the others so enabling those files only makes the background as visible as it is in the Default and Light skins, if it is showing like it does in those skins then you have correctly edited the files. To get the background showing through other boxes/screens there are loads of other files you'll need to edit, this thread should get you started;

And a search through the forum should get you the locations of some of the more obscure graphics.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/07/2018 at 21:09, wkdsoul said:

Cheers Mike. decided to reshuffle the layout to get the badges in instead.

1204877133_SwanseaCity_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.fd49ecee14712663bd76fed77186df61.png

hi wkdsoul i like your layout and everything is it possible for you to upload your skin as id like to try it out 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Hi Mike, i'm using the background/left code for kit fronts on my player overview screen, any idea if i can get default kit fronts to work for those clubs with no kit?

In the bit where you declare the file to be used for the default image, try changing that to link to the default front kits.

So the line would look something like this:

<widget class="picture" id="lftB" auto_size="all" file="pictures/kits/2d/outfield/front/default">

Might also need to the following code as well added:

<record id="object_property">
        <integer id="get_property" value="lftB"/>
        <integer id="set_property" value="file"/>
      </record>

If it still brings up the standard default background logos, then you may need to actually replace them with the default kit images.

If that doesn't work try having a look at the files for the default Touch skins as that has those kit stripes in the titlebar which change to match the teams kit type;

<!-- kit style background image -->
    <widget class="picture" id="ktbg" scale_picture="false" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="left" file="pictures/logos/background/kit/default">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0"/>

<!-- set kit 'background' logo -->
      <record id="object_property">
        <integer id="get_property" value="ktgb"/>
        <integer id="set_property" value="file"/>
      </record>
    </widget>

Though you'd need to change your config files for the background kits to use the coding used for those images and replace the those default stripes with the default kits.

• 1 month later...

Archived