Improved media and player interactions

Katana

Although the questions and possible answers to the media has improved quite a bit over the last iterations of FM, they are still lacking quite a bit when it comes to context. A good example was a recent game where I was in charge of a team in Norway. We manage to get to the Champions League group stage, where we draw the hardest group of them all. Firstly, with a Norwegian 4th seeded team, I expect to finish last in my group and pretty much use the time in the group as a learning experience for my players. Unfortunately, the press keeps asking about winning the group and the Champions League itself, and there are no answers available that reflect our actual chances. There is the odd question of whether I think a Norwegian team can win the CL, but usually they ask questions as if I was expected to win the whole thing.
The above is unfortunately quite common throughout the game.

For player interactions, I am firstly missing an option to tell a player that the team has outgrown him and he will be offloaded. I can warn him about being transferlisted, but the reasons for doing so don't have anything to do with him being surpassed by his teammates. So now the only option is to either wait for him to complain about first team football, or directly transferlist him without warning.
In general the interactions with players are static options, which don't cover much outside of training, conduct, and form.

On 17/09/2017 at 19:29, Katana said:

Unfortunately, the press keeps asking about winning the group and the Champions League itself, and there are no answers available that reflect our actual chances. 

100% this. Managing in the English National North, and playing in the FA Cup, and I get asked if I expect to win it if I win my first qualifier. The only option that makes sense, that doesn't get seized on as defeatist, is that we take each game as it comes or something. It's just a nonsense. 

• 1 year later...

Archived