Hello folks!

Relatively new to the site here and i seem to have encountered a somewhat "issue" i would call it that seems to have happened in my Hamilton save.I had a cracking start to the season picking up some good wins in the first handful of games that took me to 3rd place at one point in the table,but now as you can see 3 wins from my last 14 games is clearly not acceptable.

What the heck can be happening? help my save and my fortunes are going down the toilet fast here :(

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Welcome to the forum.

In a nutshell you're basically asking your DLP(d) to be Superman.  You're asking him to be midfield destroyer, holding midfielder, defensive cover and primary playmaker all rolled into one.

I've got a deep defensive line set by default and I'll then increase the gap between midfield and defence, but that's not a problem as I have Superman in midfield to cover that big gap!

I want both my wingbacks flying forwards but that's not a problem as I have Superman to cover those gaps as well!

My other central midfielder is looking to get forward lots but not a problem as Superman will destroy the opposition midfield when they win the ball back!

We just won the ball back and I want my playmaker to make an incisive pass but that's ok because he's Superman!

You get the picture ;).

That DLP will need a lot of work rate, determination and stamina (plus other attributes) to do everything you're asking him to do and even then it may not be enough. 

I'd also suspect your central defenders might be stepping up out of line at crucial moments due to the gap between your midfield and defence, leaving dangerous gaps behind which opposition strikers would have a field day in.

If you want to stick with a DLP(d) then fine, just give him a little less to do - he has a lot of ground to cover.

My first suggestion is to stop playing matches for the time being.  If you continue to keep playing in the same manner when your results are poor it'll just lead to you being sacked.

My second suggestion is to go back to some of the matches you've already played, watch them back over - see if you can spot how you conceded.  But don't just watch the goals, watch the build up to the goals (like 30-60 seconds before each goal).  What happened?  Are there any patterns?  Were your central defenders pulled out of position?  Where were your wingbacks?  Where was the DLP and your CM(a)?  How's that gap between midfield and defence?

And when watching, don't just pay attention to the ball carrier.

I think that may be a good idea to be honest Herne...

So basically what it maybe sounds like that my wing backs are thundering up the field leaving too much space exposed on the flanks and more possibly the gap between defence and midfield is too stretched?

Also how could i stop my defender(s) stepping out of line so much possibly?

Apologies for all the questions but im determined to crack this :D 

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck Plays FM said:

and more possibly the gap between defence and midfield is too stretched?

I'd suspect they're one and the same issue. Once you fix the midfield problem, you'll fix the defensive issue. The CM/A is the person I would be examining, as he more than likely won't be in a position to aid the DLP/D in the defensive transitions that occur.

On 22/08/2017 at 12:47, Uncle Buck Plays FM said:

I think that may be a good idea to be honest Herne...

So basically what it maybe sounds like that my wing backs are thundering up the field leaving too much space exposed on the flanks and more possibly the gap between defence and midfield is too stretched?

Apologies for all the questions but im determined to crack this :D 

I would say that to stop them stepping out of line you need to either remove the Attack duty or play more structured. Attacking wing backs are going to "step out of line" otherwise they're not really attacking. I'd maybe go with Wing Back Support so they sit a bit deeper or go Full Back Support and use the PI Get Further Forward. 

Also, yes I would push the defensive line to at least a normal line so there's not a huge gap between them and the midfield. As Herne said, having a CM Attack means your DLP is massively isolated. Consider changing the CMs duty or even change him to a BBM. Still gets forward but also gets back. 

Archived