Remove photos for all players (even those that came with the game)

DavyDepuydt1

Is it possible to remove all player's photos, even those that came with the game?

I disabled newgen photos and haven't installed any photopacks, but to have my game consistent (= no player should have a photo) I wondered if I could somehow delete or disable photos for ALL players.

First you need to extract the graphics.fmf file found in the data folder of where FM is installed, you then need to extract the graphics.fmf file found in the latest updates folder and let that extraction overwrite the initial extraction. (If you don't know how to extract the folders read this:

Once you have done that copy the contents of the \graphics\pictures\players\normal\ folder you have extracted to the same place in your User Data Location. (If you want to remove the kits and logos then copy their folders over aswell, if you don't want to edit anything else you can safely delete whats left of the extracted graphics file to save disk space).

Now in the copied over folders first delete the default folder, next you'll have to delete the individual pics from each of the subfolders BUT leave the config files, so when done each club subfolder should just contain a config file. (Then do the same for kits/logos etc if you want them gone).

Now load the game and turn the skin cache off if it is on and reload your skin and all faces should now show the default blank face.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know how can I achieve the same for ads?

Seems like the way FM loads the ads images is different than for other graphics (logos, kits etc); as there is no any config file under its folder - so even if I delete all league-specific ad images, they will keep appearing.

Edited by outofroutine

26 minutes ago, outofroutine said:

Does anyone know how can I achieve the same for ads?

Seems like the way FM loads the ads images is different than for other graphics (logos, kits etc); as there is no any config file under its folder - so even if I delete all league-specific ad images, they will keep appearing.

create a blank xml file? if there is no one there the game will use the default

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

create a blank xml file? if there is no one there the game will use the default

I will try, thanks for suggestion! Actually that would simply override all ads images, hence nothing to display, no? My goal is to remove league/country (eg. Vanarama League) specific images that comes by default.