Discussion: Inverted Wingbacks

Rash-forwards

Started playing around with this role for the first time recently, and am really enjoining the kind of system you can play with it. The only thing I think that could improve the role would be more room to customise with PIs, and potentially add other duties. The two main things I'd like to see changed about the inverted wingback in fm would be to add a defend duty, which would basically tell the player to come inside and sit infront of the rest of the defence like a DM rather than getting into more advanced positions. Also remove the "dribble more" PI from being hard-coded into the support duty, as when the IWB comes inside you want him to act as a centre mid, and certainly not all centre mids dribble often. 

Now, I have been able (in certain systems) to get the iwb to stay back at times, and wonder if the other issues could be mitigated with PPMs. Just wondered if anyone else using the IWB had any thoughts or ideas 

I agree that dribble more PI should be removed. When I use them, they are always seen charging at the defence. When they lose the ball, the whole defence get exposed. All IWB should do is just to move inside to the DM/CM position and take up their position when they go forward.

• 3 months later...
  • SI Staff
On 8/16/2017 at 22:27, Rash-forwards said:

Started playing around with this role for the first time recently, and am really enjoining the kind of system you can play with it. The only thing I think that could improve the role would be more room to customise with PIs, and potentially add other duties. The two main things I'd like to see changed about the inverted wingback in fm would be to add a defend duty, which would basically tell the player to come inside and sit infront of the rest of the defence like a DM rather than getting into more advanced positions. Also remove the "dribble more" PI from being hard-coded into the support duty, as when the IWB comes inside you want him to act as a centre mid, and certainly not all centre mids dribble often. 

Now, I have been able (in certain systems) to get the iwb to stay back at times, and wonder if the other issues could be mitigated with PPMs. Just wondered if anyone else using the IWB had any thoughts or ideas 

On 8/17/2017 at 12:52, vasilli07 said:

I agree that dribble more PI should be removed. When I use them, they are always seen charging at the defence. When they lose the ball, the whole defence get exposed. All IWB should do is just to move inside to the DM/CM position and take up their position when they go forward.

Thanks for reporting on the forums, as I am sure you are aware, we have added more duties to IWB's to make them more realistic and add more personality to the roles. I hope that you are enjoying them in FM18 :) 

Cheers,

Nic

Archived