Player engineers a move away

I have Kuki who Leverkeusen made a low bid £9M for - I rejected [ he has a £40M release Clause ], I bought him for £8.5M god dammit.

He wanted to play European football, I said : stay, get Euro Footy for us !, he got injured & out for 9 weeks, 5 games to go, we slip below half way.

Team meeting was called - all 29 players` went green - all happy that I agreed to sell, so I Transfer listed him straight away.

Now I see last night, most of Squad are hating on me for badly handling Kuki ??????

Please help ?

This season is falling apart !

If he hasn't already confirmed a transfer away you can try offering him a new contract to see if that will get rid of his unhappiness, otherwise you can reject bids for him and once the transfer window has closed you should get a promise failed message where you might be able to give him a new promise to keep him happy, though their is always the chance that he'll sulk and threaten to leave on a free depending on his contract length and how unhappy he is with you.

On 11/08/2017 at 10:02, nextqprmanager said:

I have Kuki who Leverkeusen made a low bid £9M for - I rejected [ he has a £40M release Clause ], I bought him for £8.5M god dammit.

He wanted to play European football, I said : stay, get Euro Footy for us !, he got injured & out for 9 weeks, 5 games to go, we slip below half way.

Team meeting was called - all 29 players` went green - all happy that I agreed to sell, so I Transfer listed him straight away.

Now I see last night, most of Squad are hating on me for badly handling Kuki ??????

Please help ?

This season is falling apart !

And that's why you don't make promises. Even if you're not agaist selling him if his clause is met, always tell the player(s) that you're the manager and what you say goes, end of. I suspect the AI makes such bids specifically to unsettle the player and hope you'll cave in, which you did. Bad idea.

BMNJohn, yes I know, but sometimes if you don`t make promises, you don`t get the player - if he didn`t get injured and the squad didnt react to his wanting to leave - we probably would have made top half !!

I know - Im learning, 4 other players`  came to me & I played hard ball - theyre fine !!

Archived