[FM15] Dexter to the rescue!

Dexter_Morgan

The Idea

Usually I have some sort of bright idea in my head when starting a save like the Iron Curtain threads (it was tempting to resume that as I still have the save) or a Gundo challenge in a lower ranked country and as a lot of you will know I have very rarely dipped in to the bigger nations in Europe and certainly not at the beginning of a save as you quickly know who the best players are and that just takes away the challenge for me so for a change I thought it would be an idea to actually manage in a bigger country but with a challenge added in.

@deltablue's Thunderbird Delta: International Footballing Rescue thread a few years back was a concept I always like where he would start off at the bottom and work his way up in the hope he could "save" big sides that have have been in decline over the years as the game progresses, so basically this thread is exactly that but with a bit of a difference as I am going to give the game a 5 year head start by holidaying it completely and let the game world take it's own shape without me interfering before I even start applying for jobs (unless something mental like a well established top flight side suddenly finds themselves 2/3 divisions below their starting league and then I may just add myself to them though that is a highly unlikely event but i'm covering myself now just in case :D 

It's taking a hour and half to two hours to holiday a season just with the leagues loaded but as time goes on I may add/remove leagues depending on the speed of the game and how my mind is thinking but as I wanted to do mostly leagues I rarely tough this is the set up for now 

Capture.thumb.JPG.252783d21295733b3cd645f1625da2ad.JPG

I made sure all teams start off with their starting squads by disabling first window budgets so everyone had a level playing field and also because we all know if teams start off with a budget the AI tends to pick the same players for clubs which I find boring so by having the budget off hopefully a few decent sides may struggle as they can't resolve any problem areas until January at the earliest. 

Hopefully I can complete a few of the hero challenges whilst doing this too as my steam achievements on this are only on 61% but that's not going to be a major factor as i'll be going where the work is.  I'll do a quick post of top 3 and relegated sides from each of the top divisions at the end of each year plus Europa and CL winners and any major events but nothing too detailed as I want to get on to 2019 as soon as possible but if anyone wants to know about a certain club then I am happy to look :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2014/15

Austria:

Top Three - Austria Wien, Sturm Graz, Rapid Wien. 

Relegated - SCR Altatch

Belgium: 

Top Three - Club Brugge, Anderlecht, AA Gent

Relegated - Westerlo, Kortrijk

Czech Republic:

Top Three - Sparta Praha, Viktoria Plzen, Teplice

Relegated - Hradec Kralove, Ceske Budejovice

England:

Top Three - Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal

Relegated - West Ham, Sunderland, Crystal Palace

France:

Top Three - PSG, Monaco, Lyon

Relegated - Nice, Nantes, Metz

Germany:

Top Three - Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund

Relegated - Bremen, Hertha

Greece: 

Top Three - PAOK, Ast. Tripolis, Olympiacos

Relegated - OFI Crete, Kerkyra, Panathinaikos :eek: Niki Volou

Holland:

Top Three - PSV, AZ Alkmaar, NAC Breda

Relegated - FC Utrecht, SC Cambuur

Italy: 

Top Three - Juventus, Sampdoria, Roma

Relegated - Sassuolo, Cesena, Empoli

Portugal:

Top Three - Benfica, Sporting, Porto

Relegated - Belenenses, Penafiel

Scotland: 

Top Three - Celtic, St. Johnstone, Aberdeen

Relegated - Inverness, Hamilton

Spain:

Top Three - Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid

Relegated - Eibar, Granada, Deportivo

Turkey:

Top Three - Galatasaray, Besiktas, Fenerbache

Relegated - Karabukspor, Genclerbirligi, Akhisar Belediyespor

Europa League:

Winners - Liverpool

Runners Up - Villarreal

Champions League:

Winners - Man City

Runners Up - Juventus

Panathinaikos relegated is exactly the sort of thing I want and though i've saved it I feel it's a little too early be getting involved, i'll be making a separate save at the end of each season just in case I change my mind half way through holidaying or in the unlikely event (given it's FM15) someone wants the save 

2015/16

Austria:

Top Three -  Sturm Graz, Rapid Wien, LASK Linz

Relegated - SV Ried

Belgium: 

Top Three - Club Brugge, AA Gent, KRC Genk

Relegated - WS Bruxelles

Czech Republic:

Top Three - Sparta Praha, Viktoria Plzen, Slovan Liberec

Relegated - Brno, Sokolov

England:

Top Three - Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal

Relegated - Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan

France:

Top Three - PSG, Toulouse, Lille

Relegated - FC Lorient, Sochaux Montbeliard, ESTAC Troyes

Germany:

Top Three - Leverkusen, Bayern, Koln

Relegated - Union Berlin, Hoffenhiem

Greece: 

Top Three - Atromitios, Platanias, Olympiacos

Relegated -  Veroia, AELK

Holland:

Top Three - Ajax, PSV, AZ Alkmaar

Relegated - Excelsior, Sparta Rotterdam, VVV

Italy: 

Top Three - Sampdoria, AC Milan, Juventus

Relegated - Torino, Atalanta, Udinese

Portugal:

Top Three -  Porto, Benfica, Sporting

Relegated - Moreirense, Ohlanense

Scotland: 

Top Three - Celtic, Aberdeen, Partick Thistle

Relegated - Motherwell

Spain:

Top Three -  Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Valencia

Relegated - Sporting, Real Betis, Rayo

Turkey:

Top Three - Besiktas, Galatasaray, Fenerbache

Relegated - Mersin İdmanyurdu, Denizlispor, Adana Demirspor

Europa League:

Winners - Tottenham

Runners Up - Chelsea

Champions League:

Winners - Bayern

Runners Up - Atletico Madrid 

Capture.thumb.JPG.27a8f8f7c85eeb466ec2fa7b0e50ac8b.JPG

Nothing major in terms of relegation but Blackpool have been taken over so i'll keep an eye on them

22 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Sounds like a fun concept, looking forward to seeing where you end up.

Cheers mate, I am tempted to start now as Bolton have just gone down to league 2 :D 

2016/17

Austria:

Top Three -  Red Bull Salzburg, Rapid Wien, Austria Wien

Relegated - Wiener Nuestadt

Belgium: 

Top Three - FC Brugge, AA Gent, Zulte Waregem

Relegated - Lommel United, Mouscron-Peruwelz

Czech Republic:

Top Three -  Sparta Praha, Viktoria Plzen, Slavia Praha

Relegated - Pribam, Vlasim

England:

Top Three - Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool

Relegated - Leicester, Bournemouth, Wolves

France:

Top Three - PSG, Toulouse, Monaco

Relegated - Nantes, Angers, Stade Brestois 

Germany:

Top Three - Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen

Relegated - Bremen, Kaiserslautern 

Greece: 

Top Three - Olympiakos, PAOK, AEK Athens

Relegated - Panthrakikos, Panionios

Holland:

Top Three - Ajax, Twente, Feyenoord

Relegated - Roda JC, Graafschap

Italy: 

Top Three - Sampdoria, Juventus, Genoa

Relegated - Bari, Livorno, Sassuolo

Portugal:

Top Three - Porto, Benfica, Braga

Relegated - Maritimo, Aruoca

Scotland: 

Top Three - Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United

Relegated - Kilmarnock

Spain:

Top Three - Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid

Relegated -  Eibar, Almeria, Deportivo

Turkey:

Top Three - Besiktas, Trabzonspor, Kayserispor

Relegated - Gaziantepspor, Antalyaspor, Ahkisar Belediye

Europa League:

Winners - Chelsea

Runners Up - Leverkusen

Champions League:

Winners - Barcelona

Runners Up - Bayern Munich

18 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Bolton? Nah, you don't suit England, mate. (although that would be a good club to choose. Top facilities, excellent ground)

Thing is with this database loaded I know it's going to be the bigger leagues this time and I have every intention of cracking a few of them, I will move to South America or something at a point but i'll save that until I am well in to this 

48 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Marítimo gone down. :( you could start by saving them...

I'm beyond that now :D I holidayed to the start of the 2022/23 season, I did write out everything that happened like previously but the laptop cut out half way through the last seasons report and it took over an hour so I refuse to do it again :mad::D:D 

Summary as best as I can. QPR have won the Europa in 2021 :eek::D:D  Notable sides not in the top flight are Sunderland Middlesborough in league 1 for a few seasons now, West Ham are starting their 5th year in the Championship, Preston in league 2, St Pauli in the German 3rd, Sampdoria in Serie B (only just happened though so don't really think this is a challenge, so i'm turn on whether to start unemployed or pick one of these :(

My laptop keeps cutting out at random moments (dodgy lead) So the save will start in 2017 as I am not going through all that again :D I have a club too....

CD_Don_Benito.png.94ad7b29a161385dea834c05acf3fe97.png

CD Don Benito

I am already regretting this in a way but I have to start somewhere :D I have joined a club in an absolute mess, I joined late July with no staff so I had to rush through any applicants just to get people in and doing something :D I'm not convinced of the scouts recommendations either but the squad is in such a mess a whole new team is needed really so i've just gone for the best they had came up with at the end of August with 9 new faces coming in which I can't even be bothered to post as there is nothing there that is anything but a slight upgrade on what we had :rolleyes::D 

5991fdfe179e5_donbe.thumb.JPG.7b96aa62f3b82d2b27f4e246a5ede033.JPG

facilities.thumb.JPG.271a5d89ecc10e4ba0d7658590cedd11.JPG

As you can see we are predicted to come 19th out of 20 teams and one season out of the 3 so far 50 points wasn't enough to guarantee survival  so what could possibly go wrong? :D 

CD_Don_Benito.png.3166caefba0d8debe5602aeb94e7ab0f.png

CD Don Benito June - January 2017/18 

fixtures.thumb.JPG.2f82eb41fc8824f70a8418d08696a627.JPG

fixtures1.thumb.JPG.9782fe81a29c3a75f2c161a982fe386e.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.3541feb499f59bd4b3b87fb473d05474.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.f76824b11a014ca8b5d16d24b92da735.JPG

I knew this would be a big test but even I didn't expect it to be this bad :D I don't honestly think I have had spells this bad on any FM, I think I made a big mistake taking on a previously unplayable club in Spain, granted I have done it before but never more than a season in to the game, the squad is far too weak in depth as well as quality and I think the only thing that will get us out of trouble is the fact we do create chances and have it in us to score every now and then (the 35ish goals isn't really a good indicator as we've had a few 4's and a 5 in a single game) 

That said, i've not given up hope of us staying up yet but I get the feeling 40 points won't even be enough to stay up this year but we do have 4/5 games against teams below or only just above us which with any luck 9 points from will just about keep us safe.

I'll do reports a bit closer together from now as my original intention was bi monthly reports but the way it was going and my mood at the time every other word would have contained swearing  :rolleyes::D 

CD_Don_Benito.png.6753a0d21f2908b40d5a920ded0ec1b7.png

CD Don Benito February - March 2017/18

fixtures.thumb.JPG.96fa6c5d3e6b624cb13bba010531f8ac.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.00a85dbea5802b2feff81cbe012fd58b.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.b04af5793230526b930e835130ed0eb0.JPG

It's a good job i've accepted we are rubbish as that was a horrible 2 months for us with our only saving grace being the teams below are all struggling too but my worry is if we have another 2 months like that then we can can kiss goodbye to this division :( 

I'll be honest and say i've never had a season as bad as this before and we are lucky there are a few B teams in this division and we've managed to get points from those games otherwise we'd probably be down by now :D  If i'm honest keeping this lot up would be just as good an achievement as any trophy i've won as we are really that bad :( 

42 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Looking rough, DM. Hope you can stay up.

Cheers but it is tight, we are safe of automatic relegation with 2 to go but we still have the relegation playoff possibility, had a 3 game unbeaten streak but have lost 2 in a row and both teams left are quite a bit higher than us so this is going to be tight :( 

CD_Don_Benito.png.d992ef0f2bd8082e0b31cf8cd41d0f9d.png

CD Don Benito April - May 2017/18 

fixtures.thumb.JPG.849b179ccded2972f97575750574c193.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.cdfb5765f78d82b2c3e1bd809c53f860.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.6b116aab744e0e6f3755826934599cd6.JPG

I really don't know how we managed it but we survived and avoided the playoff even with a 4 game losing streak to end the season. I rate this as being up there with anything i've ever achieved on the game because of the situation with poor players to begin with and with no staff at all it left me with maybe just a few weeks from when the scouts came in to pick out the best of a bad bunch of reports (all players brought in were Division 3 level that's how bad things were :D ) and try and get them used to my tactics.  As you can see in the squad statistics 7.07 was the highest rating.

I know this whole season has sounded negative but absolutely nothing has gone my way with the club, results were bad obviously, the board weren't helpful at all but I am pleased I plugged on at it because there's been many times I wanted to click the resign button but as a lot of you know even when things don't go my way I am usually stubborn enough to see the season out if only to make a point to myself :D 

So as mentioned, i've had no support from the board and with me going beyond their expectations and knowing that the kitty is too low to attract players I went to them after survival was assured to get a parent club in the hope of getting a few numbers in (plus it would have given the club some much needed income), now to me after everything I had done and knowing next season would be just as bad without new faces I thought this was a more than reasonable request but oh no :rolleyes: I used every argument possible until it was down to the choice of resigning or take the no, well after everything i've battled for this season and stuck out I decided to go for broke and say i'd resign if they don't approve and lets just say I wasn't the winner 

quit.thumb.JPG.f0b5cde8fd1762120983c1ab05250d25.JPG

I didn't want it to come to that as at this stage i'm still a rookie so I know I can't walk in to anything too much better but I knew we'd need to get a few loan players in to help us get through the season again so I had to dig my heals in this time. It's a shame as I do want a few years at a club to get my rep up before this challenge starts properly but as the title says Dexter did rescue so i've got to be happy with the way my first season went. I'll be applying for anything and everything as I honestly don't have a preference in country at this stage, I just hope it isn't at a stage where I only have a few weeks to get players in as I don't think I can do it with such a short time to work again as it kind of set the tone for the season gone when you are rushing at the last minute :( 

job.thumb.JPG.47b26cb77290c635164dc99210c29cee.JPG

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.05e837904f8cb3e2199b9cc561b739cc.png

I didn't have to wait too long for my club (late August) after applying for many and refusing a couple I found a club I think suits me in Nuneaton, it goes against my aim of rescuing clubs as we are expected to win the division but I have to be realistic and work my way up for a few seasons with the hope of taking a Sheffield club/Forest sort of level before the big steps so for now this will do but the aim is if I don't get sacked after Nuneaton my next club will be a former giant.  I haven't managed in England since FM 10 or 11 so this is all new to me but I am looking forward to having a change in scenery and take it from there. 

club.thumb.JPG.4c6d1959e618ca8fb4a8cd4fb15532ee.JPGfacilities.thumb.JPG.2257039dab15952c7a4a553b8654d846.JPGfinances.thumb.JPG.984c1ef56f3e7754b50840caca22504a.JPGsquad.thumb.JPG.48006e12015b5861f13febdb253251de.JPG

On paper I think the board is being too ambitious with the first place and my personal aim is playoffs with this squad as it is very thin for a 46 game season as it stands but once I get a few scouts in (only a chief scout atm) i'll try and improve the squad as best I can. For now we are light on CM's and I have spent a good 20 minutes thinking what to do as I have never really had success with 4-4-2 since FM 09 and it came to me I had a thread with the danubian school (if you google just those words the thread is actually 3rd in the results :D) so i'm going to start off using that and see what happens, for those that haven't seen it here's the tactic 

tactic.thumb.JPG.68c2ce1b5bf806a08ed9eaac935fe2c7.JPG5997e7673743a_tactic1.thumb.JPG.492965244cdd9917dc8d3584ca059489.JPG

I also have Metodo (2–3–2–3) as a back up if this doesn't work after 10 games and we'll see where we go from there once I have time to get a few scouts in, the rest of the staff is all in place so even though the 1st game is on the 1st September the players have worked together and it feels like more is in place than at Don Benito so if anything goes wrong this time it's all down to me :D 

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.9fadd19969dcb534a7c40f62fdae2df4.png

Nuneaton Town September - October 2018/19

fixtures.thumb.JPG.bd37e50b8276ae0e58019fb094cb8357.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.37c1cd9d72b971f180d2dc9b52a36f67.JPG

It's been a pretty good start in all fairness, I have a complaint about 2 games but i'll get in to that later :D 

I forgot when I applied for the job that the board wanted me to keep the existing staff but I never realised this also means even if spots are available to add that you can't add to them which has confused me tbh as I just assumed it meant I can't sack anyone for a while but could add :D Anyway this meant I couldn't get a scout in so i've had to go by the chief scouts recommendations which are below so far...

transfers.thumb.JPG.498cb3542b2adc306721c4f2bd6b854d.JPG  cbj.thumb.JPG.063cc551604afdc7ea1547e86bd94539.JPG

*NB anything before 1st September is nothing to with me on all screenshots

I've brought 5 new faces in and mostly are in the forward positions apart from Sammut in DM and Borthwick-Jackson which I hope will turn out an excellent deal for us, I'm shocked he came down the divisions so quickly after being released by United in the summer but the promise of 1st team football must have appealed to him and hopefully it will be a good long term deal for the club. 

On the pitch and the tactic has worked well enough to convince me not to look for players to fit in a 4-3-3, we are often getting 60+ percent of possession and creating lots of chances, we did though have a bad spell of 3 games which started with the 3-0 loss to Telford, I accept responsibility for this one as we went down to 10 men with the then DM Callum Jones being sent off after half an hour but us looking likely to take the lead, in hindsight I would have pulled an AMC back and made a sub but for whatever reason I thought we could get away without a single person in midfield to make it a 4-5 formation of sorts  :D  Lesson learnt for the future :D So on to FC United in the cup and I honestly have no clue what happened as we were 3-0 with 25 mins or so to go in the game and we blown it, then we go 1-0 up late in the replay and end lose :D in a way it's a blessing we are out but the manner has left a sour taste in the mouth. 

I am pretty sure there's only La Liga where you can only lose 1 game and still not be a few points clear at this stage but Barrow are matching us stride for stride which is healthy competition but I can't get over how consistent they are too but something will surely give as we play them at home next......

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.de3bd6a22468d51d3b33197060079712.png

Nuneaton Town November - December 2018/19

fixtures.thumb.JPG.1adaee5bc49888ff2636bfecf89f7e5d.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.905bee1356ac3227eb6808250271a569.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.6739b65ef9b09ae4ee82dfbff33126e2.JPG

cbj.thumb.JPG.4c74007ef4550b408ee837c87cea3e1c.JPGkennedy.thumb.JPG.e63a5e8cc36d7f513a0a5744d3526236.JPG

Well we're just past the half way stage of the season and though we've had a bit of a bad spell we're still up with a chance but with Harrowgate creeping up out of nowhere it's no longer a 2 horse race, holding on to a lead seems our biggest problem really as despite all the possession we have we just seem to get a little sloppy and throw games away, add the fact we don't seem to kill teams off considering the chances we have too it's something to look at and improve on and i've made a start with a swoop for Axel Tuanzebe

tuan.thumb.JPG.703575b7b971148f14ab6be0e1bd1d9b.JPG

This really is a great capture for a club like us with the scout and my ass man both claiming he'd be a decent league 2 player so hopefully he'll help keep the back in good shape. I can't believe we've got him and on such a low wage too :D 

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.13422db8898440547280537ca175d044.png

Nuneaton Town January - February 2018/19

fixtures.thumb.JPG.2972fc3aa434fd61e8a2df09ae1275f8.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.29731dc6910ad8d2fbb0f49fca7b183e.JPG

hnna.thumb.JPG.92f425c0c0c0604eb5ea1ecf9be7149c.JPGkennedy.thumb.JPG.3415130d6529b4b4b091b71d376d5b98.JPG

tuan.thumb.JPG.66a99182636e76a034c958ee48cb6402.JPG

Not the best 2 months, in fact it's been pretty pathetic and we should be 9 points up on what we have at the very least, that said having to play Friday. Sunday, Tuesday really tested the squad :( But even so we should be doing better with the squad we have. The title still isn't out of our reach and it is my aim but I think we probably still need an AMC, a right winger and a striker the temptation is to go to 4-3-3 now but there is a lot of good things that this tactic brings and I have no doubt with improvements this tactic is the right one to use. 

squad.JPG

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.36b2f66b6f3d3cfcbb322cadfec7a735.png

Nuneaton Town March - April 2018/19

fixtures.thumb.JPG.f0f949111924f6b904359faf32315683.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.cab977140ddf40a8dc6c91fa419c0e04.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.e83a41f2526c71d5142d97fb5c016a00.JPG

kennedy.thumb.JPG.2ec6089961aec156517c2eb500668419.JPG

Again stupid points dropped have cost us the title, I think we should have walked the division in all honesty but now we have Boston to overcome if we have any chance of going up, it may be the only way I keep my job as the title was the board expectation, hopefully it won't come to that and I certainly think if I do get the sack that i'll not get a job as good as this for a while :D so on to the playoffs it is then.......... 

fixtures.thumb.JPG.db37bf9912104beeb851a3c0eb684f35.JPG

We've achieved the aim of promotion which is superb and a different feeling to the problems I had this time last year as I have optimism we can get mid tableish with a few additions to the team, whether I stick with the tactic or not depends on the players I can get and wage budget but I have intentions of sticking with it and hopefully raid a few young players from bigger sides which certainly looks possible, a new GK and CB plus full backs is where I mostly looking to strengthen as I think there is goals as it stands with the squad we have so tightening up is my main concern for now  

7 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Was trying to figure out how you managed to land Tuanzebe at Nuneaton Town, took a few moments to remember you were on FM15.

I think even on 15 it's still a good signing, he's league 1 level now according to staff so a new contract is about to be offered TBH I can't even remember his PA on 15 but I remember him having a half decent career at other clubs on previous saves so it can't be too low.

New contract signed and i've got this expectation from the board, personally unless we get 4/5 in I think there's no chance :D 

board.thumb.JPG.e136b6604ca5b6ac493cebbb3e848f8f.JPG

If at any point they'd been a league club i'd be ok with it but I think it's too much :D In my head i've had 8th to 10th as a good season but with no kitty and only 12k in wages I doubt we can get the quality needed for any higher than that :(

Sooooo... you've beaten Boston 5-0 twice to get to the Conference? ;) 

I thought you were saving big sides, when the name Don Benito first came up above I was a little confused. Now you seem to have switched to another massive fallen giants, Nuneaton, of course. :D

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

Sooooo... you've beaten Boston 5-0 twice to get to the Conference? ;) 

I thought you were saving big sides, when the name Don Benito first came up above I was a little confused. Now you seem to have switched to another massive fallen giants, Nuneaton, of course. :D

I don't know what happened there as I definitely took the screenshot of us beating  Southport 3-2 :D 

Yes that's still my plan but nobody big enough had gone down at that stage and I was getting bored waiting for it to happen so the plan is to stick at Nuneaton now until a bigger job comes up, Preston, Bolton (both league 2), Middlesbrough and Ipswich (both league 1) are about the biggest realistic jobs for me at the moment that could kind of fit in so that size club is the next aim and then hopefully a Milan, Lazio, Man United ect will start turning crap :D 

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.6e4186e2d7c061cb4072ee9799adf2c4.png

Nuneaton Town August - October 2019/20

Transfers

bark.thumb.JPG.ccff4e3b9688dd93f750db1b46b89eb4.JPGrose.thumb.JPG.eeea87a7717fa1164ef847b54e42c625.JPG

I've only managed the 2 so far but improvements on what we had at least so it's a start :D I am still looking fr another CB, AMC and FB's but it's not proving as easy a task as i'd have liked :D

fixtures.thumb.JPG.0bea6a9baacdeeaec7b2ec4f6a2e8dd5.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.65b12726680dd8165bbcb0631a24c418.JPG

squad.JPG

kennedy.thumb.JPG.a7a7d1f9fd26ae2636e8b419970f88b6.JPG

I'm not sure what to make of our position at the minute, we've lost and drawn a few stupid games mainly thanks to going down to 10 men at vital times of the game the Wycombe game was probably the worst as we battered them with 11 apart from a goal and then went down to 10 with 30 mins left and they picked us off in the last 10, I believe we's have won that with 11, that said i'd probably have taken this position at the start of the season so I can't complain too much I guess. I'm hoping for a little run in the FA cup, we have Canvey Island who are 21st in the Southern Conference so we should be looking to get in the 2nd round really and hope for another conference level side in round 2, probably won't work that way but that's the hope for now :D 

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.cb61135d92cf02eeb6c31072636035c8.png

Nuneaton Town November - December 2019/20

fixtures.thumb.JPG.bca64d2761e1ee9c3f21a2bc16434355.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.8ef5c2e3c977f18d7e489289810c1c4b.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.aa806554b3c28d0dc07c00360a64fc12.JPG

bark.thumb.JPG.457a9db469abd5b3757050e6cca0d1de.JPGkennedy.thumb.JPG.067dbc57a6755cf4072896ef53c2e219.JPG

That last result has changed slightly what I had in my head for this report as we looked to have finally found a bit of consistency and then Wrexham happened and it seems maybe not :rolleyes::D The main thing for now is we are still in the playoff hunt so I can't complain too much. The FA Cup has been very kind to us so far with the draws and we face Altringham at home in round 3 which is one of the best draws we could have got as there is only 3 other non league sides left (Accrington are away at Millwall, Wycombe away at West Brom and Alfreton have Liverpool away in a bumper pay day from them :D ) they beat Cambridge  who are in the League 2 play off spots to get this far so they certainly can't be under estimated.

A few other things have happened in the game, my first job offer whilst in employment but I didn't think it would have been that much of a change so I rejected, I was linked with the Hamilton job earlier and I must admit if they approached me i'd have at least attended the interview, the Ipswich job is free too as well as Boro' which I doubt i'd get asked for but i'd certainly go to either

arbroath.thumb.JPG.4326d9b5eaa25e70a226be9d8dbbdd30.JPG

trip.thumb.JPG.98444879c6cf8b28aaf6f5f1650b912f.JPG

cup.thumb.JPG.0295011f6c157023a0dd6dfd1b008ebc.JPG

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Delighted isn't the word for this :D West Brom at home next, the downside to this cup run is causing havoc with our league campaign as i've been keeping players fresh for the cup, thankfully we aren't a million miles off 5th so i'm expecting this to be the end now though i'll give it a go but we do need to start getting points back on the board soon.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Brilliant!

Thanks mate, this was nearly even better 

cup.thumb.JPG.b286e2527c75c222a6fd37bec8618966.JPG

We had one disallowed in injury time otherwise we'd be through :( I was convinced the replay would be on TV at least but no such luck :( waiting for the draw but don't think it matters now really :D 

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.3e3de453a2f80b3d69b445bb6efe333a.png

Nuneaton Town January - February 2019/20

fixtures.thumb.JPG.34a4adbda25de4ddea5f47f3068ec210.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.bd94b2089803c71ac09bd7eaf244980b.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.49e6f27cc49ab9d98a1355c43f7fb755.JPG

tuan.thumb.JPG.c4290dc06f481cc875f3374144d7cd5a.JPG

Well the highlight of those 2 months is certainly the cup run, to get to the 5th round is more than I could have dreamed of (apart from Man Utd or Arsenal away in round 3 :D)

The cup run has had it's downside in that we've dropped a lot of points in the league and should be more comfortable than we are, no distractions now though so we have a good go at top 5 with the knowledge that at least next season we should have an healthy  budget to improve

14 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Ahhhhh, so close!

I knew we blew it in the 1st game really but we gave them a game :D I would have buzzed if the late "winner" was allowed though :D This was tempting but it doesn't really go with what I want to do next, but a better shot at promotion did make me ponder for a minute or 2 :D

coac.thumb.JPG.80cdb658d185377a3aceecbe95aa9a5b.JPG

Nuneaton_Town_Crest.png.9f93f413a4958bbbe52069a79c481d14.png

Nuneaton Town March - April 2019/20

fixtures.thumb.JPG.1ce71ff758ec59e5f5a7b93a3d68d446.JPG

table.thumb.JPG.6aaed84eaecd1cf1637631b54baaf097.JPG

squad.thumb.JPG.299704e74cfb063305ada3fdedb176b1.JPG

bark.thumb.JPG.d3e71ba140db8bf4321f995acb8756af.JPGken.thumb.JPG.fd25a244a330ded5d2b345f27ef3801c.JPG

We just about made it :D Even though we had a decent end to the season it seemed everyone matched us and I knew AFC Wimbledon away was a tricky fixture but thankfully Cheltenham dropped points too which meant we made 5th. Dagenham is a tricky tie obviously so in a way I am glad we have the home leg 1st and we'll be happy with any kind of lead though tbh this is all I had to do this year so i'm happy enough if we don't make it and in a way I would rather we didn't as I think we will need at least 6 new faces if we did go up. 

po1.thumb.JPG.de7c46ae2018a9dda31fb19002b1a8d5.JPG

I don't know what it is with this bunch but they turn up for the big games and then throw stupid ones away :rolleyes::D We're up anyway so despite me being unsure I wanted to go up it's happened and I guess after the cup run too I have to say it's been a good season overall :) It does mean work needs doing to the stadium but thankfully it still leaves us with a healthy balance 

po2.thumb.JPG.cae73fa4ec0d065dd7582c77a2e1d978.JPGfinances.thumb.JPG.99f7fc98c0b36e864d75acf970265f6d.JPG

It does mean my summer plans will have to change a little as we need a strong squad for this rise but there's enough to suggest this year that with additions we should be able to make the step and and avoid the drop, a lot of contracts i'm going to let go but I'll probably keep the whole midfield if only for injuries/rotational reasons

Archived