Jumping Reach

Can someone that know what is talking explain the atribute jumping reach?

Did a player that have 20 jumping reach with 1.80 m reach the same heigh( majoring in the head) as a player that have 20 jumping reach with 1.60 ?

Hope people that have a place in developing the game reply to this.

Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm not completely sure but I think that jumping reach is much more important. I remember someone telling me that height doesn't really matter and it's more there for cosmetic reasons.  Obviously a taller player will have a higher jumping reach but it's the jumping reach attribute which is more important.

31 minutes ago, badgith said:

Can someone that know what is talking explain the atribute jumping reach?

Did a player that have 20 jumping reach with 1.80 m reach the same heigh( majoring in the head) as a player that have 20 jumping reach with 1.60 ?

Hope people that have a place in developing the game reply to this.

333333.png

29 minutes ago, Jakarooney said:

Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm not completely sure but I think that jumping reach is much more important. I remember someone telling me that height doesn't really matter and it's more there for cosmetic reasons.  Obviously a taller player will have a higher jumping reach but it's the jumping reach attribute which is more important.

Height used to be cosmetic but isn't anymore and hasn't been for a few versions.

Players make a decision as to whether to jump for the ball or not, height is a factor in that decision.  Also if they choose to jump jumping reach is used otherwise height is used in the calculations.

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Height used to be cosmetic but isn't anymore and hasn't been for a few versions.

Players make a decision as to whether to jump for the ball or not, height is a factor in that decision.  Also if they choose to jump jumping reach is used otherwise height is used in the calculations.

Ah, you learn something new every day. Cheers!

The Online Manual tab at the top of the forum is a good source for player attribute descriptions.  Here's what it says about Jumping Reach:

Jumping Reach

Jumping Reach reflects how good a player is at reaching the ball in the air. It indicates the highest point an outfield player can reach with his head. It is not necessarily reflective of how tall a player is, but when considering his jumping ability, it makes sense to take into account the player’s height. For example, a player of 200+cm will still possess a high reach even if he is a poor jumper, and a player who measures in at 170cm will struggle to compete at the same height due to the 30cm difference in height between the two.

Archived