[Suggestion] Manager's team & player evaluation criteria and ratings

Powermonger

This suggestion is about adding a new feature that allows us managers to create our own report for both our team and players, automated through setting up our own criteria or club DNA (like search filters).

For instance, under our managers profile we have a area to define the club DNA of attributes and their levels we want our players to possess, i.e. attribute values of 12 or more for PAS, BRA, DEC, STA, INT, TEA and ANT. Once set each of our players will have a star rating assigned to them to indicate how well they meet our club DNA, and the team is evaluated as a whole against this DNA and collectively rated.

A new column can be added to the squad screen called Mgr DNA and the star rating for our players for this defined DNA is displayed through this.

Additionally, we can set additional criteria for different lines of the pitch (GK, Defence, Midfield, Attack) and the players are then rated against this additional criteria and displayed as star rating.

As our team changes divisions (or we change clubs), we can re-evaluate our club DNA and player rating criteria and the star ratings will adjust accordingly.

I would like to something like this added because I feel us being managers have no method to inject our knowledge and preferences into the game in a way that is visually represented. We are given visualisations of reports from our staff, but unable to do our own.

I would like to expand on the above idea further.

In preferences we have the option to change colours for which attributes will be highlighted by depending on their value. I think this should be pulled out of the preferences area and added as part of our Managers Profile, thus making it part of our Managerial decisions or makeup, not just a product of setting up FM. After all, the highlighting of the attributes and what we deem as bad, average, great values is tied back to how us as managers appraise players. Later it could be developed to influence other parts of the game.

To summarise, adding in the ability in our Managers Profile to create/setup our player rating criteria, such as Club DNA or positional DNA to create star ratings, or specifying individual attribute highlighting by changing colour emphasis, embeds our Gamer/Manager persona and thoughts into FM for viewing and reflection.

i can kinda follow what your saying... but i do agree with the idea...

Club DNA ... is like tactics and mentality.... kinda... so yea... if your a patient team that likes to keep possesion... something like tiki taka... perhaps a player with good passing, technical, positioning, off the ball attributes along with good compurure, decesion, vision, teamwork, concentration.... and his familirity with a tactic similar to the tiki taka, high pressing, keeps possesion, short passes....  all thoose things taken into account should give u a number or some kinda chart or something on how well is the player suited for your team...

i mean for the most part all thoose things are avliable to you... but there is nothing to the style the player is used to or prefers  nowhere in the game... perhaps if they had that information, like what kinda style of football the player is familar with or prefers, sorta like the graph that shows up in tactic screen if u pick show tactic familarity , shown for players outside the club....

not sure if this is more or less what your getting att... kinda lost me with the changing color part... 😄

but this is more or less what i got... and think yea... it is a good idea... because stlye of football is important... for examlpe as good as a player as fabergas is... he had to adopt to conte system othewise there was not much use for him in the early going... and cesc didnt seem too comfortable at first there were even rumors he was perhaps going to leave chelsea.. but towads the end of the year... things changed... perhaps learning more and more the way conte wanted him to play he started getting some minutes - which im sure helped him out as far as morale... and was also putting good performances in. eventually he started to convince conte hes a valuable player which then saw him get even more minutes and towards the end of the year was used often from the bench in heavy rotation...

none of this would have had happen if fabergas didnt learn / or already knew the way conte the style conte wanted him to play at CM....  so yea to your point DNA or style of football should be looked into, one way or another.....

great post and idea...best of luck gaming to u..

cheers mate

On 7/8/2017 at 13:14, qDizzy said:

i can kinda follow what your saying... but i do agree with the idea...

Thanks. The above are bits a pieces of a larger idea I am stilling working out in my head, although it is loosely branched off a previous suggestion I posted about introducing tactical periodisation into FM.

Your comment does a good job of explaining some of the thinking behind it, which is basically having more ability to graphicalise our managers style and preferences against our players and how we look at them. This is kind of a counterpoint to whatever opinions our coaching staff or scouts are reporting back to us, they have their criteria for evaluating a player and we have our own.

The changing colour part (attributes highlight) is about how we rank attributes and I think for many people how they evaluate players. Making this a more gameplay element then just a simple colour preference is the main aim.

The part I'm still working at is including a full managers report for players and the team, one that self builds via our defined player evaluation criteria, some manual selections and also part note taking.  It would be tied to our manager profile and attributes, build off how we define our profile and how it develops overtime.

Great Idea, but i think the A.I would not be capable of using it. Researchers have to completely rebuild manager profiles which is not possible without having a good understanding of the match engine, and it could end up breaking the game. And if it is only implemented for the user then it is a huge disadvantage for the AI in a competition where the user already has the edge.

Also you can make custom rosters so you have a better visual over your club DNA.

i think i see what u mean... so for instance altough if i select a central mid (attack) im given some options highligted as to what is important to make a central mid (attack).... but how about your style of play consist of a attribute more higher than the other.... for instance if i want a more athletic team... focusing more on speed and strength i can , given yor example, have a preset made - that will instanlty, as you say , give me a view color coded, of what i think would make a good central mid (attack) , therefore making it easier for me to see the attributes in a quick glance (easier on the eye), and also help my scouts and coaches have a better idea of what in looking for.. therefore giving my scouts and coaches a better grade as to who is a better player in their opinon, according to the atributes i have considered important as to what makes a good central mid (attack) in my team / style / formation....

i hope i got it 😆 ... i think this would be a very nice touch to the game.... making it more personal and specific... rather than just a general this is a good centeal mid no matter style of play...

totally agree...

if indeed this is looked into... i would even add something like a reputaion of style or something... what i mean to say is... for example one of the reasons jamie vardy decided to stay with leichster and not go to aresnal was style of play.... he likes playing on the counter - and fast - and he thougt about it and figured leichster is a better fit.....   so yea... i think the more a club uses a set of tactics and formation and style.... the more a clubs reputaion should grow as having that sorta style making it more attracrive to some playes and maybe not so attractice to others.... 

PS... scrench i think he meant it just like a better way of filtering players for a specfic style... altough to your point there is alot of bugs here and there and perpahs adding too much too soon may be problematic.... i personally believe FM should focus on the game as is without adding anything but instead making the game smoother, more user friendly, and bug free... after that i think then perhaps ideas like this and some others should be at least looked into if not added.... i would prefer a good clean game every 2 years, than a buggy new game every year (personally speaking)....  maybe a beta version / demo release after a year... and take polls on likes - dislikes and suggestions.... kinda serving as a preview / build up for the game release next year....

anyhoo... cheers mates, really hope they look into it powermonger. think it would be real nice...

can u post a link to that other suggestion u said u made, about tactical periodisation (dont really know what that means and too lazy to look it up, but i think i have a good guess .. lol).. thanks...

best of luck gaming to yall....

cheers

21 hours ago, qDizzy said:

i think i see what u mean... so for instance altough if i select a central mid (attack) im given some options highligted as to what is important to make a central mid (attack).... but how about your style of play consist of a attribute more higher than the other.... for instance if i want a more athletic team... focusing more on speed and strength i can , given yor example, have a preset made - that will instanlty, as you say , give me a view color coded, of what i think would make a good central mid (attack) , therefore making it easier for me to see the attributes in a quick glance (easier on the eye), and also help my scouts and coaches have a better idea of what in looking for.. therefore giving my scouts and coaches a better grade as to who is a better player in their opinon, according to the atributes i have considered important as to what makes a good central mid (attack) in my team / style / formation....

i hope i got it 😆 ... i think this would be a very nice touch to the game.... making it more personal and specific... rather than just a general this is a good centeal mid no matter style of play...

totally agree...

Yes that is pretty much it, our club and player DNA defined under how Manager's profile can be extended to influence how our coaches and scouts report on players we are interested in, instead of the reports being based on default opinion. Our opinion on what we want as managers based on our division level and style of play can be the starting point for reports and player evaluation, not just what is programmed into the game.

Here is a the ink to my Tactical Periodisation suggestion.

While the thread is targeted at training, it is more an overall design philosophy that ties training and everything else together through new concepts.

Love this idea, unfortunately it does seem like it will be a huge piece of work. In saying that, I do think these are the big ideas/changes that SI should be looking at to take the game to another level.

I think there have been some huge improvements on gameplay and AI, but there hasn't been too many improvements in terms of what The Manager can actually do to make the game more personal.

hey Powermonger, finally got to that  Training - Tactical Periodization bit... most excellent stuff...  would be great if FM took that into consido, really hope they do...

cheers mate for that post..

best of luck gaming...

• 1 year later...

Archived