[Suggestion] Further Opposition Scouting Enhancements

Powermonger

This is some added suggestions on from my original post about enhancing the opposition scouting and reports

The additional enhancements I'd like to see are:

• Ability to assign more than one scout the next opposition to increase the detail and accuracy of the report.
  • When more than one scout is assigned to the next opposition, scouts can be assigned to focus on particular duties (i.e. observing only defenders, midfield or attackers) so a more thorough analysis can be made on these lines of players.
  • If only one scout is assigned less information is provided and more generic, but with additional scouts assigned the report increases in detail and size.
  • New ability for scouts report on the next oppositions:
    • Player substitutions, noting the time the manager likes to substitute, who and what position, and what impact the substitutions had on the game
    • Restart plays and the strategies used, attached with a small field diagram of the set-play highlighting positions observed
    • Type of build up the opposition like to use (GK to wingbacks etc) and how patient or direct it is
  • Scouts to rate the opponents stages of play, with ratings on their build-up, attacking, defending and transitioning. This is based on key tasks for these stages, like ball interceptions, harassing the opponent, keeping or losing possession, creating scoring opportunities, scoring, blocking opponents progress etc

These enhancements, as well as the suggestions from the original post, would give a more detailed but also more variable and customisable scout reports for the next opponents.

This would allow for lower league team with limited scout ability to assign to the next opponents to get a less detailed or accurate report compared to a club with more and better quality scouting resources. This would place more emphasis on improving your staff as has a more direct impact of the format for the report you see.

Have to say my main concern with scouting opposition, other than noting their general strength and shape is how quick and good in the air their strikers are (as this might affect my choice of defenders). Same goes with highlighting if they've got old plodders at centre back. This is especially true at lower league level when I don't even generally see enough of their attributes to see whether they're a sprinter or a target man.

I mean, you can do this by scouting strikers individually for a week, but it'd be nice if it was baked into the scouting report to highlight these strengths and weaknesses of the opposition, especially since it's pretty much the first thing a scout would notice IRL

• 5 months later...

Archived