Setpiece choices.

Sulac0

What would be very nice to get in FM 2018 is...When given a penalty or free kick outside the box etc. When that happens it would be so cool to be able to choice the exact player for the given task, please make it happen in FM 2018 :)

On a side note, when will you guys make a Player manager game, we need it!! only have having FIFA and PES is far from enough :)

/Sulaco 

I want to be able to do it live when you play the game, yes you can set it up before the match begins, but I want to be able to change it on the fly so to speak...

here an example: I get awarded a free kick out the box, you should then get a pop up box or something, in which you could pick exactly which player who should tack to free kick, if you alrdy had picked the player from the set piece menu and is still happy with the choice you just continue as normal, otherwise if he had been subbed etc. you could pick another guy. make sense?  

4 minutes ago, Sulac0 said:

I want to be able to do it live when you play the game, yes you can set it up before the match begins, but I want to be able to change it on the fly so to speak...

You can do that in the tactics menu

As you might already know you can actually select set piece takers in order of preference, so in the example you gave e.g your preferred taker is substituted and you're awarded a set piece your next preferred choice automatically takes it.

You can set an order of preference for left side, right side etc, so you could have Mr X taking every corner, but if he's not on the pitch you could have Mr Y taking left side corners, and Mr Z taking right side corners, or Mr W taking both of them when Mr X is unavailable.

Its something you select as a general rule, the same way you'd have a preference for who takes your penalties.

There's no real reason to have a pop up menu to do it, as I can't think of many circumstances when what happens in a match would make me want to select a different set piece taker all of a sudden, as I have generally decided who I want to be taking set pieces in general order of preference.

I know about the pre set piece things... I just thought it would be nice to have a pop up box, cuz when you change tactic your settings reset, not your penalty taker but corners etc. So I rly don't see why we couldn't have a box. But hey we all play FM in our own way so lets just leave at that.

It won't be a bad addition, but since it will slow my game a lot, I would prefer if there is an option to tick/untick in preferences(or somewhere else) like:

• Keep the same penalty takers order for every match
  • Display a pop-up for penalty taker in-match

Same could be done for corners, free kicks and throw-ins. Total of 8 separate options to tick/untick.
Very useful for penalties though. If I had that option for penalties, I would have definitely used it.

• 5 months later...

Archived