Things we can do during a touchline ban

Currently what we can do in a match which we are banned from is to submit a starting lineup and tactics. However, the assistant manager (or whichever staff in charge) can change the starting 11 squad despite the 18-man squad remains. This is not reasonable as manager should have the power to decide which players to start in the match. This is an annoying problem as this messes up the plan to rotate the squad and prepare for upcoming matches. 

Besides, in reality, although managers cannot stay on the bench during a match he is banned from, obviously they can give instruction via mobile phones etc. For example, with no doubt the manager can instruct player substitutions or formation changes. Is there anything Fm can allow us to do?

I've never had any issue with my assistant changing my starting line-up for a game in which I'm serving a touchline ban, so that may be a bug.

On the second point, if you were allowed to make changes in game, then there wouldn't be any actual punishment and that would make the feature unnecessary

• 3 months later...

I just had this problem. I never get touchline bans so a new experience but i picked my team only to see a different line-up and then we lost the game 1-0. In fact, I watched us concede after 2 mins and lost patience and left only to find out we lost 1-0 so I'm suspicious that I just got the result from that point.

Anyway, this is either a bug or a fault of the game as you would get to choose your starting line-up. In fact, unless it was a stadium ban, you would get to decide subs and tactical decisions anyway and give half-time team talks. I suppose you would only lose the ability to shout during the match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived