Europa League - no promotion

Hi,

I`ve just finished my sixth season as manager of BFC Dynamo Berlin. Unexpectedly, on the first season in 1 Bundesliga Dynamo finished on 6th place, what means that I should play in Europa League (nowadays in my fm reality Germany has three teams in CL and 3 in EL). It was a miracle for my club.

But unfortunately, my club will not playiin eurocup, but Borussia Monchengladbach (8th in first division) will. Monchengladbach didn`t get promoted by german cup, which was won by Dortmund (4th place), which played  won against Ingolstadt.

Did any of you had such a problem? It looks like this, first five clubs have promotions, sixth and seventh don`t, and the eight does. I have no idea, why I didn`t get promoted, why Borussia Monchengladbach did, and why Stuttgart, which was 7th also didn`t. My finances are well-ballanced, so I`m really upset about this result. I feel that it`s pointless to play fm, if I will never get promotion to european cups.

every year the nation's coefficient for the Europe league changes just like in real life. it might mean that in your 6th season, Germany has only 2 slots for the EL and not 3 like in present year. 

5 hours ago, upthetoon said:

every year the nation's coefficient for the Europe league changes just like in real life. it might mean that in your 6th season, Germany has only 2 slots for the EL and not 3 like in present year. 

Whilst thats true its not the answer in this case as the OP has said that Mochengladbach are playing in Europe after finishing 8th, two places below the OP's team.

@bartosz1947

First thing you should look at is the German season summary, it will list the European qualifiers & how they qualified.

The most likely reason you haven't qualified is that you have broken FFP regulations as could be the case with Stuttgart who finished 7th meaning the last place went to Mochengladbach in 8th.

Cougar2010, I also noticed that it`s possible, but... just look on the screen below, everything is fine. I`ve just bought FM In Game Editor, hoping it`s possible to edit this bug, but unfortunately it`s impossible to make such a change. I moved to Borussia Moenchengladbach and Stuttgart to check their finances and in both cases everything is fine.

https://imageshack.us/i/pmfKsAbnp

I thought that maybe it`s because of my squad, which is based on loans (I have 600 000 euro for payments per month so I can`t afford good players), but I found no information in game or on the Internet, that this could be cause of this problem.

27 minutes ago, bartosz1947 said:

Cougar2010, I also noticed that it`s possible, but... just look on the screen below, everything is fine. I`ve just bought FM In Game Editor, hoping it`s possible to edit this bug, but unfortunately it`s impossible to make such a change. I moved to Borussia Moenchengladbach and Stuttgart to check their finances and in both cases everything is fine.

https://imageshack.us/i/pmfKsAbnp

I thought that maybe it`s because of my squad, which is based on loans (I have 600 000 euro for payments per month so I can`t afford good players), but I found no information in game or on the Internet, that this could be cause of this problem.

Indeed thats does look ok so we need to dig a bit deeper.

I notice you haven't actually completed the season yet so the season summary probably won't be available until later in June.

How do you know who has qualified for Europe? From the league table? Can you post up an image of the league table to showing Mochengladbach as having qualified for Europe.

There is usually a reason and whilst you might have found a bug I would have expected that many others would have found it as well by now which suggests there is a reason.  Easiest way would be if you could upload your save game and then we could look at it without having to ask questions back & forth.

EDIT

Would also be handy to see a pic of the "Continental qualification" section of the rules page for the German First Division.

2 minutes ago, bartosz1947 said:

https://imageshack.us/i/poulASjep

@Cougar2010 - here`s my season table. I will send you link to my uploaded save as soon as possible.

Yeah that looks odd given the info you have posted above.

I could ask more questions but probably easier to wait for the save if you are going to upload it to a sharing site somewhere.

I looked throught the German league issues in the bugs forum and no-one has posted anything similar to your issue.

The two main questions to ask now are:

A) Have you added any editor files or edited the default database in the save?

B) Have the previous seasons allocated the European spots correctly?

@Cougar2010

A) Yes I have, but it were a small changes like derby matches or something. Nothing what could influence on league, squad or finances, nothing that would make it easier to play.

B) Everything was fine until season 19/20, first and the only, when Germans had 6 places in Euro-cups, instead of seven. You can check it on the save. Now there was second season with six clubs being promoted. But in 19/20 bug was much bigger, this time it touched only BFC Dynamo and maybe Stuttgart.

7 minutes ago, bartosz1947 said:

@Cougar2010 - and here is my save. I`m very grateful for your help.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m5k7kp

Cheers for that makes it so much easier.

The bad news though is that its probably linked to the database you are using.

I see you have either edited the database or are using a downloaded one that includes a lot of the German lower leagues.  The answer in these situations is usually that its the edits to the database that have caused the issue and SI will refer you back to the database creator.

Its not just your team that has an issue, you can see it with Stuttgart who finished 6th in 2019/20 but played in the Champions League in the 2020/21 season which is clearly wrong.

2 minutes ago, bartosz1947 said:

@Cougar2010 - Yes, but look that problem appears only when Germany has 6 clubs in competitions, when there is seven it doesn`t exist. I had to make such a changes because I strongly wanted to play BFC Dynamo, normal database let to play only in three top divisions.

I understand that and its unfortunate but its the risk you take when using a non SI created database.

I'm presuming that you didn't create the database base yourself so the best thing you could do is to contact the database creator to ask if others have had the same issue and has it been corrected.

The bottom line though is its unlikely to be something you could fix via the editor for your save as there could be a number of other knock on issues.

You could try posting it in the bugs forum but you need to mention that you are using a different database, probably also where you got it from and provide a link to it.  Maybe SI would have a look at it if they have time but I suspect the answer will be there is nothing they can do.

Looking at your save game it looks like something in Germany broke in 2018/19 (possibly to do with the custom database you added as Cougar2010 stated) - the season summary won't load that year and the years after the European stats are all messed up it looks like they are lagging a year behind (compare them to Poland and the eliminated dates are from one season back) so you might find yourself in Europe the season after regardless of what you do this year, though I have no idea if it will fix itself over time, get worse or just always stay one year behind.

Archived