Board selling players over the heads of managers

vikeologist

When the board does this, it would be good if I had the option of offering the player out to try to get higher bids, and the board would then decline the lower bids that they've accepted.

The difference can be huge. My board accepted a bid of £400k for a player that I actually managed to sell for £2.5 million by playing buyers off against each other.

On a similar note, I'd also like to see boards not accept low-ball bids. Ideally when they accept a bid for a player, they would stall and get higher bids in. (I mean, ideally they wouldn't sell my hot prospects at all buggering up my youth challenge, but you know what I mean).

This whole part of the game sort of sucks at the moment, and although I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a bug, I'd definitely like to see some refinement in future releases.

On 16/04/2017 at 08:42, vikeologist said:

When the board does this, it would be good if I had the option of offering the player out to try to get higher bids, and the board would then decline the lower bids that they've accepted.

The difference can be huge. My board accepted a bid of £400k for a player that I actually managed to sell for £2.5 million by playing buyers off against each other.

On a similar note, I'd also like to see boards not accept low-ball bids. Ideally when they accept a bid for a player, they would stall and get higher bids in. (I mean, ideally they wouldn't sell my hot prospects at all buggering up my youth challenge, but you know what I mean).

This whole part of the game sort of sucks at the moment, and although I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a bug, I'd definitely like to see some refinement in future releases.

I agree, just had a 3mil bid for a player upfront, board accepted a 1.1mil bid over my head, managed to persuade them to reject it but they then accepted a 3.3mil bid made up of crap clauses.

• 7 months later...

Archived