4 suggestions for international playability

devonchris

I like FMM2017 but I'm finding international management unplayable. It would be much improved in four ways:

1) leave us anyone fit to play! I know you can get injuries between naming a squad and playing a match, but I just can't get a reasonable experience of managing an international team because of the injuries. I'm managing England now and usually don't have 11 fit (70%+) players on match day. Any chance of a consistent first team is out the window.

2) a new holiday option. Selecting 'until next match' means you miss the squad selection. Alternatively we have to scroll through months of rubbish to get to our next game. An option 'go on holiday until next squad selection's would help

3) some equivalent to the 'coach report' option (players given star ratings) that I like for club squads. Being able to search internationally by player quality rather than price is surely realistic for big nations as their players are better known.

4) when managing club and international teams together, a search option that allows you to 'include own players'. Also a return to the previous FM versions where you can see on player search whether you've selected them or not.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Dealing with injuries/unfit players and not being able to call them up and having to deal with that is a large part of the experience of international managment. Besides, if you're playing as England, a country that likely has thousands of players loaded in the database, then I find it very hard to believe that you can't find 11 fit ones.

2/3/4. I'm fairly sure these were already in the game. Haven't played FM17 much, but I doubt they would have removed them just for 17 if they were in previous entries.

• 4 weeks later...

How's about adding a pre match training routine. Adding this could improve tactical familiarity.

Better player interaction. At the moment it only seems possible to talk to an individual player about his injury or getting him to change his mind regarding retirement.  Need more options or even an Interaction tab like in club player screens. 

Seems you get offered jobs without attending an interview. Both international teams I've managed have not heralded an interview. 

All these three options could easily be implemented in to FM18 and would bring national team management more in line with club management.

1) You could make notes whilst watching club matches on players and managers. Like pin pointing your future squads through that. Watching other matches would need to be deemed important as international manager and more interaction options when you are national manager and watching club matches etcetera.

2) As a national manager you should be able to talk to any club manager about anything you want on a regular basis checking up on your players.

3) As an optional addition you could be responsible for setting up academys for under 18 players in the country that you are national manager for.

On 3/7/2017 at 17:16, FootballTrainer said:

2) As a national manager you should be able to talk to any club manager about anything you want on a regular basis checking up on your players.

I like this suggestion very much.

Manager to manager conversations would be a great addition and could be implemented very easily using the Interaction tab.

• 8 months later...

Archived