Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

smp20, out of interest I requested our Junior Coaching Budget to be increased - the Board agreed - how long normally before any news?

It will happen automatically i.e. if it was adequate it would go to average straight away - you can check on the facilities page.

13 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Sorry , & how often can you request it to go up again?

• No
  • Minimal
  • Basic
  • Adequate
  • Average
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Exceptional

It goes up in the above scale - you can request until it maxes out, though normally 1 or 2 upgrades a season would be the max you can do.

Image result for afk linköping

2019 Mid-season Update

4746d33dfea386e555555771fd4f6463.png

A mixed bag of results so far. It seems that we're nothing without Moberg. He was injured for 3 games - Akropolis, Umea and Sandvikens, and we only picked up 1 point.

9ae40c26ca1c81fe1d55a4b16b1e6bb8.png

We're sitting firmly in mid-table. We're 8 points from 2nd and 8 points from 2nd bottom. A run of good form could push us up with a shout for promotion, but a bad patch could put us in a relegation battle.

40673e602be8cc419add4d37dc4b02d4.png

The step up has been a bit too much for Aliyu who took 9 games to score his first goal. Due to Lindstrom's injury, Moberg has played a fair amount of time at left wing and has been fantastic.

Youth Intake 2019

FLiUHAs.png

PjtSPBl.png

Not a great intake to be honest. Interesting that the HOYD picked out Rosen as the pick of the intake and not the 5* PA CB.

OsDNU3L.png

A bit of pace, but other than that pretty rubbish.

xFkHfgt.png

Decent base attributes for a centre back. I just feel that if he were going to become any good, he would have been picked out.

wEdeJYU.png

Another decent starting point for a CB.

uF0Kyk0.png

A third CB, though his pace really needs to be worked on if he has any chance of making my back line.

PxHu9B7.png

wTRDLVK.png

A fantastic run of form at the end of the season saw us climb from mid-table all the way to top of the league! I get the feeling that my failure at IFK Stockholm is going to be dragged back up a lot, but it's time to prove the doubters wrong.

Division Ett Nora

Rtqd2xD.png

6 games won on the trot to finish the season, that's the way to do it!

11b0b7deba6cacd581c1436215ca8792.png

Well that was tight! A goal difference win and we become the first ever Linkoping side to play in the 2nd tier of Sweden. It's been a long time coming for this city of over 100,000 people (7th biggest in Sweden).

Svenska Cup

ayh5W3e.png

We beat Gauthiod o the southern division convincingly before face Mjallby from the division above. An excellent 3-0 win puts us into the group stages.

vlTXcNd.png

I've got my fingers crossed that this will be a money spinner for us, it's very unlikely we will progress.

Players

Ss7HkC7.png

Similar ratings to last season, except Boden emerged as the goalscorer whilst Aliyu struggled.

Rn4LsVq.png

98k4vdw.png

AFK Top 5

UnkKkI7.png

Boden doesn't look like much, but his pace has made him lethal.

EzUvrff.png

Moberg has had a few niggling injuries throughout the season but has been fantastic whenever he has played, either on the left or up front.

i0LgqXl.png

Junus had another great seasom bursting through from centre midfield.

oTMdm4n.png

Jonsson didn't quite perform as well as last season, but still a good return from a player who lacks technical ability.

DupprxB.png

Beurling was our rock in defence as always.

Facilities

8c8c5ba8b12226a44afd0b9e6dd0aeed.png

Our Junior Coaching is now up to Average.

Finances

489f723bc70e5204492f14562cadf186.png

A look into the future and it's looking a lot healthier financially in Feb 2020.

Transfers

eaf2edf92f1a500467c7741861b03f88.png

Just a few of the 2018 intake released because they were crap.

9 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Professional eh - you`ll have to sort out your pitch condition

boden - 8 finishing will do ?

I've asked for it to relayed but the board always say no :mad:.

8 finishing will have to do! At the moment he's our biggest goal threat. Moberg might overtake him with that if I can keep him and keep him fit.

29 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

I thought you would ask

It`ll be tough in this next season - good luck

Prob good Staff will help

Cheers :). Only one addition to our staff - Massimo Ambrosini.

Svenska Cupen Update

9fedef231caf0c388fd6f646d3470391.png

Two thumping results pretty much secured us a place in the quarter finals, only Djurgardens could catch us by winning their last game by 10+ goals...

faa74d32b17f31fc7ec1c4db3c98827b.png

d3cfed32ae3ba8e407264f6c0688ac20.png

We've been drawn against the city next door, IFK Norrkoping!

3892e63788880d7a66834c8d7e17f754.png

They just weren't ready for our lethal counter attacks. Simon Boden has been performing like a god! This is getting ridiculous now.

74597ba42ffc3f0f3f04d61ea14d41a3.png

Helsingborgs beat Malmo 1-0. We meet each other for the final at the Friends Arena.

5a7f376d5a45fa902e217f22cb650d82.png

You can get lost! Buying home advantage for a cup final...

Just now, nextqprmanager said:

Did you change anything?

Yes, got rid of their philosophies and added my own ''develop youth'' when negotiating a new contract :)

14 minutes ago, RickyButton said:

I imagine this has been answered, but what are the number & letter combinations after your regens?

Brilliant thread as many have said, cheers for the updates.

Cheers Ricky :)

The number is the year the player came through the intake and the letter is the rank of the prospect (whoever is picked out by the HOYD with be labelled A, then I will label B onward according to reports/my opinion)

2020 Mid-season Update

Svenska Cupen

4209e790a1581231fc4a0b82ff0b3619.png

I'll kick off the update with a review of our results in the cup. A great achievement against the odds and some thumping results to go with it.

Superettan

7dc74fa2202c1222554181e174a81616.png

5552246c3ccf4c715cbfa475bf43ceaf.png

It's not all been fun and games though. In the league, we are struggling. At the half way point we're in a relegation battle in a very tight league - only 10 points separate 2nd and 15th.

Europa League

eead02d7c52a1d56690765806177674e.png

On the back of our cup win we got a shot in Europe. This is actually a winnable tie, though we'll face Dinamo Minsk in the 2nd Q Round if we were to beat Valur.

Player Stats

50199050170a35a90ebc975ef53314b4.png

Moberg and Boden have formed an incredible partnership, particularly in the cup.

Youth Intake 2020

VwBScbP.png

8ifgdTt.png

A decent intake with one standout player - Lagerberg.

Xw8ac52.png

Loads of pace and decent mental attributes :). Lagerberg will be re-trained as a striker.

v0GgssP.png

Decent right back, means we can convert back to 4-4-2 if we want to.

FIDMY91.png

Another winger with pace but no ability.

akhLgLP.png

He's actually pretty good.

T5Ictzh.png

Some good mental attributes. Will be re-trained at MR.

IFk5kRN.png

Depth down the left hand side.

8RD0RK6.png

A real grind of a season, but we managed to stay up. We went out in the cup in the 2nd round this year, so we won't have that to look forward to to February/March.

Superettan

Wkg2Ytx.png

sGzbPSC.png

jkeRckS.png

We managed to finish above the automatic relegation zone on goal difference and beat Mjallby in the play-off to consolidate our place in the division. I switched to 4-4-2 DM but we were woeful and I ended up back with the 3-2-3-2 which I' going to be sticking with.

Facilities

l1Ta8Nx.png

Junior Coaching up to good, though we have a youth facilities upgrade in the pipeline.

Finances

tgw4ihk.png

Looking good, but not great considering we sold a player for £400k and won the cup.

Transfers

ABQxPQo.png

Bye bye Moberg :(

Best 11

msj24dD.png

pTulWDa.png

Junus has been great in midfield again, but whoever plays alongside Beurling struggles.

Miscellaneous

lFQdx3m.png

I will believe it when I see it. This has quashed the buying of our current stadium.

kphKsLw.png

First facilities upgrade :)

14 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Well done on your progress

Did you ask for a new stadium?

Cheers. No I didn't ask for one, the board have just decided it. Our current ground is 1,000 capacity with no seating.

2021 Mid-season Update

Superettan

rGLUNEd.png

An outstanding start in the league as we soared to the top of the table. Our form didn't last and we went through a rough patch but we've finally won again. Lagerberg has been fantastic, scoring 14 goals.

Tma4x3b.png

With the 4-1 win against Syrianska we leapfrogged AFC United into 3rd place. It's looking very pretty compared to last season, though I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. Our squad is by far the weakest in the division.

Squad

Goalkeepers

siZ9rwa.png

n2unvKp.png

Goalkeeper is the weakest area of the squad. Eriksson has done well considering his ability, but we could really do with a good keeper in the next intake.

Centre Backs

zl4aNuW.png

FRaf0Rl.png

A7u77lB.png

EXo0zcr.png

8hDb6qk.png

hFYO3vj.png

We've got plenty of depth at centre back, but other than Beurling we're lacking in quality. Rydwik is the best through the ranks so far.

Right Wing

1dVds1k.png

d9Lo4Es.png

Right wing is our second weakest area. Jonsson has always done pretty well, but he's not good enough for this level. We have no other players that can play MR - Boden has covered there when needed. We're currently re-training Holmgren to play there but it's taking a while to get going.

Left Wing

lC7VyIl.png

gaPeVra.png

C8rnOJU.png

Left wing is an area we have adequate depth in. Lindstrom is a top performer after recovering from a serious injury a couple of years ago, while Olsson has always been a decent cover man and Appelquist looks set to push Lindstrom for a place.

Centre Mids

chNltHj.png

KSfkKsy.png

8WxvqUT.png

lgZHbuA.png

Junus is the best player in the team and behind him Tinneholm and Ajakpoloho have formed a good partnership. We lack depth here, Abukar is the only reasonable replacement.

Strikers

s1les37.png

Hn4mOHa.png

P5CR7Xi.png

Despite his poor finishing, Lagerberg has emerged as a great goalscorer. Boden struggled to get going and has lost his place in the starting 11 to Aliyu who's having a revival. Beyond these 3, we have little quality up front.

32 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Best of luck - keep going, never know about catching teams above you

Will need a bit of luck with this team :D. All we've got is pace, our technical and mental ability is awful. 

2021 Youth Intake

jzwbePA.png

oPxwhDm.png

:eek: A very good intake, at least that money is going somewhere! There are 4 players ready for the first team already.

TdCz2TY.png

At last a decent keeper, check out that handling!

pxz7Uk1.png

A tall, strong striker who can finish with a touch of flair :)

ZbwXMbY.png

A right winger with good mental atts. Straight into the first 11.

3Ta0eqJ.png

Versatile, good physicals and personality. I think I'm going to place him straight in the first 11 and see how he gets on.

k7w6Eyg.png

High potential but I don't rate him at all.

ldsZPWQ.png

Why does my HOYD really rate rubbish left wingers?

qJ3wwwk.png

Not bad, but a lot of work to do.

YEM7KmO.png

It shocks me to say that next season we will be in the Allsvenkan! A third place finish and a playoff win secures us a place in the top flight. Another second round loss in the cup to lower league opposition - winning it feels like a distant memory now.

Superettan

aNo5LMp.png

uwGUb1b.png

When we lost against relegation threatened Halmstads 4-1, I thought we'd blown our chances. We dropped down to 5th place and needed to win big and rely on other clubs to mess up. Luckily for us, they did. We scored a 90th minute goal to go 4-1 up and clinched 3rd place on goals scored! We went on to beat GAIS 3-1 on aggregate in the playoff to secure our spot in the top league.

Facilities

5p0q9wa.png

Our youth facilities are up to below average, which is much better to look at than 'Poor'. Our costly junior coaching is starting to bring us through some good players.

Finances

yNRNzHm.png

We're in debt and I'm not sure how much more we will make from being in the top flight. Fingers crossed the TV deal is decent...

Transfers

Fq0kSD2.png

Player Stats

kxR4zah.png01N4iOH.png

With a bit of depth for the fist time in the save we can start to trip off the <2* players. Lagerberg broke the league goalscoring record with his 23 goals. Our defence has been far from great, it's going to be a struggle in the Allsvenskan.

2022 Mid-season Update

d58bc4bfbd34c2fdcefd6d952d72dc81.png

We started really well but we are now in free-fall.

fb59c5f7bf36106ea65b5e3ab6886d5e.png

I expect that Hacken and Norrkoping will drag themselves out of the relegation scrap as they're both normally contending at the top. We're well and truly in a relegation battle and I'm hoping we can drag Degerfors, Ostersunds and Atvidabergs into it.

Archived