{FM17} Youth in Kosovo

GloryFan2002

I have seen many youth challenges in this forum before and have thus decided to begin my own. This challenge will begin in the former warzone town of Kosovo Polje as 20 year Haitian/Danish dual national Joseph Olakunle walks into the dismal training facilities of semi-professional club KF Fushe Kosova with a vision, a vision that one day this town that has had so much hardship in the past, will see their local heroes lift a Champions League trophy, in the name of peace, in the name of independence, in the name of Kosovo.

279987.png

Fushe Kosova is a semi-professional club with most players playing on non-contracts with low appearance fees, all players are regens and I am using a database created by FloddyJump. One of the difficult things in this challenge is that Kosovo doesn't even have qualifying spots in the Europa League. This is however most likely (hopefully) going to change as the country increases its co-efficient rankings which is currently increasing at an above average rate.

First look at the squad

20170115172656_1.jpg

Good Striker, winger and full back, I have offered all players with the wanted notification after their name contracts with higher appearance fees to potentially scare off any potential suitors. All clubs going after them are in the same division as us. Only 1 goalkeeper and he's half a star so I'll be hoping for a new one in the first youth intake. Lets take a look at my 3 5 star players.

20170115172925_1.jpg

I will be tagging these players later btw. Denis Gega is our key player atm. He has a second nationality of Albanian and looks to be a decent winger. Has flair as his strongest attribute so we could be looking at the Kosovan Neymar here.

20170115172933_1.jpg

Qendrim Muca, who I will most likely make captain has amazing mental attributes for a player at this level. His physical are decent but his technical stats are underwhelming. Not bad for a full back.

20170115172944_1.jpg

Was disappointed too find out this guy was a defensive forward but I'll work around it. Definately the top striker, will probably play with a shadow striker behind him.

Lets take a closer look at some of these youth products.

20170116115720_1.jpg

Overall a good player very good heading for this a 16 year old at this level, along with decent finishing and first touch look to be a good all-round attacking striker to partner with Emiljan Gjona for a good support/attack duo up front.

20170116115738_1.jpg

Right Back who'll take the starting spot immediately, looks like he could be a very solid defender for the club. No standout stats as he seems to be an all-round player.

20170116115730_1.jpg

Only a 2 star player, potential doesn't matter much as everyone has 5 star, but he is getting a spotlight despite only being 4th best player in the intake as our current keeper was only half a star so he is a welcome addition to the starting lineup. Awesome handling and reflexes means there is a good chance he won't be dropping the ball back into his own net or letting in easy goals.

End of Season 1

20170116145644_1.jpg

Disappointed to finish 12th. I had a tough run mid-season which ruined me. Got knocked out by Superleague team in the cup.

20170116145814_1.jpg

Team stats.

20170116150611_1.jpg

Emiljan Gjoni got POTS with Erand Mehmedi getting YPOTS. 

20170116150623_1.jpg

Emiljan Gjoni had a quality season no arguments.

With my top players leaving, I don't think I'll play this save until I know that I can have a chance at qualifying. Until then I'm gonna start another save, inspired by @ManUtd1. You'll find out soon for that. But anyway I might come back to this save if I know I can get Champions League with this Kosovo squad. Look out for the new thread.

Archived