Speak to Player Before Accepting/Rejecting Bid

NeilUK

I'd like to see the option added to be able to speak to a player when a bid comes in, so for example a bid comes for your star player it's a decent bid you don't want to lose him. It would be nice to have an option to speak to the player to gauge what his reaction would be if the bid was rejected. Maybe also an option to ask the Captain how he thinks the squad would react if the bid was rejected.

Likewise if the bid is to be accepted you could check with the player if he is OK with leaving, and check with the Captain again how would the squad react to the player leaving.

• 4 weeks later...

Similarly, for a player you're trying to sell and got more than one bid for, I'd like to see an option to speak to the player to gauge his own preference. And to see how he'd react if I tried to get a better deal, which could potentially lead to a breakdown in talks.

Yeah this would have been useful for me in my VPS save. Had two really good strikers, one told me he wanted to leave so no problem, bid comes in --> i accept --> player is happy when i speak to him just before confirming deal. Fast foreward couple of months transfer offer comes in for other striker, same ability, same value, good offer from a team of same reputation as the team i sold first striker to but when i speak to striker no2 before confirming deal hes like "i dont know why your doing this, i was happy here, this isnt a step forward in my career"  so basically i lost my best player because i thought if i rejected the bid hed throw a hissy fit but turns out he wanted to stay!!! this feature would have helped me a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, I am always getting mad, if a player gets an offer and i can´t get in contact with him. No idea if he wanna stay if he would get offered a new contract or if he wants to leave to make the next step.

This is possible for staffs, so why not for players.

• 9 months later...

Archived